Skip to content

Mirror image protects from poison

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
edited April 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Expected behavior: When you hit someone with a poisoned weapon, they should get poisoned.
Current behavior: When a target is protected by mirror image (probably stone/iron skin too) even if you manage to hit the real target and not a phony image they can't be poisoned.

I noticed this when playing with a Blackguard. The special poison they use cant EVER be fully resisted. Nimbul was immune to the poison while he had mirror images up, even when my blackguard hit the real Nimbul. Only after all the images went away did he actually get poisoned. Ekandor was also immune with his stone skins up IIRC. Make sure to remember to check the lvl 1 version of mirror image too. You also may want to check other on hit properties (i.e. stupifyer) to see if they fail against mirror image and the like.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Fixed with patch 2014. Now Mirror image does not protect you from poison.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Aedan Err, correct me if I'm wrong but 2014 is the current patch version right? Cause I still have this issue.image

Notice the portrait Icon on my blackguard. He hit Nimbul (yes I spawned him in D's tower) while he had an image up with a bolt of biting and poison weapon active. No saves were presented, Nimbul did not get poisoned. I do believe this is still an issue.
    @Tresset
    Yes, patch 2014 is the latest patch released and it was supposed to fix this bug. It seems it does not. Thanks for the check!

@Balquo @Avenger_teambg
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The 2014 patch was about mirror image shouldn't protect you from area spells. Like cloudkill, stinking cloud or fireball.

Weapons shouldn't apply any effect on a target if they failed to connect a hit, but this would seriously diminish the use of flail of ages and similar weapons. So, this remains a difficult issue.

The 2014 patch was about mirror image shouldn't protect you from area spells. Like cloudkill, stinking cloud or fireball.

@Avenger_teambg
    Actually, the change log of patch 2014 says "Poison no longer removes a mirror image but does damage". There was a redmine discussion as well: http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/2346
    Am I right or this was supposed to be fixed (and it is not)?
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Current behavior:
    When hit by Dagger of Venom, on failed save, enemies affected by Stoneskin/Mirror Image do not get poisoned.

Expected behavior:
    Stoneskin/Mirror Image should not protect from the Poison effect of Dagger of Venom.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    I don't know... if you miss your attack because of Mirror image or Stone skin, the blade never pierces opponents skin so why would the poison affect them?
    I reported this a while ago. Even if you hit the actual target and not an image the mirror images protect from poison some how. This seems to be unique to poison as other weapon effects, like stun from stupifyer, will take effect regardless of stoneskin or images (even if you only hit an image). This becomes really obvious when you have a blackguard or assassin.
    @Tresset
    I cannot find your thread :(
    Do you know the page?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited May 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Yes, I understand it's not obvious. But as @Tresset pointed out, some weapons effects bypass MI/SS.
    I agree with @Bercon @Samus logic otherwise.
    @Tresset
    Wow. This isn't even in the tracker. I'll fix that.
    edited May 2013
    @Tresset
    Actually there is: http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/2346
    It needs to be reopened, since it is still present.