Skip to content

Finally Finished BG:EE

drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
edited May 2013 in Mac OS X (Archive)
and not a single crash or lockup during my 30-40 hour playthrough.

Its great to be able to download, install and get to the character creation screen with just a few clicks. Before I had to spend ages trying to get it up and running on my Mac using a windows emulator. This resulted in constant crashes and glitches. My last BG1 playthrough was unfinishable because it crashed everytime I went to Beregost.

Beamdog you guys have really outdone yourselves on this one! I can't wait for BG2:EE or any other infinity engine games you decide to update and port to Mac.
Post edited by drawnacrol on
Eudaemoniumsmeagolheartcbones9889Nifft[Deleted User]LeoNegusScooterCorpusDelictiSethDavisBoozillaCorianderAndreaColombo[Deleted User]elminster

Comments

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Congrats!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Eudaemonium
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminster
  • KetkallzKetkallz Member Posts: 19
    No crash here either. Though I never had one in the original Mac version of the game years ago either.
    Still, it was nice to play the game again. Some changes in the gameplay would have made the enhanced edition even better. Navigating your party through a dungeon is still quite challenging with your party members wandering around walls the long way and in different directions than intended e.g.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Actually pathfinding was improved in earlier versions. But it crashed so many events that the fixes were toned down. It made some cutscenes quite wierd by what I've heard :)
    Eudaemonium
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Eudaemonium