Skip to content

Berrun Ghastkill disappeared after clearing out the mines

eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
Current Behavior:
Berrun Ghastkill is missing from Naskel after I have killed Mulahey in the Nashkel mines.

Expected Behavior:
Need to turn in Mulahey's holy symbol to recieve my reward for clearing the mines.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• Gonglez_P_IGonglez_P_I Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    I just started chapter 3 and I went to Nashkill to turn in the quest, and Berrun Ghastkill is not where he was in BG1 (in front of the temple) Has he moved or is it a bug. It apparently was a bug in BG1 so I'm wondering if it was one that wasn't fixed when BG:EE was made.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • BartimaeusBartimaeus Member Posts: 15
    He is supposed to be...roughly...in front of the temple. When I first went into the area, though, he walked towards me...and when I came back, was still where we had initially talked, which was hiding behind the trees a little southwest of the temple. Look around a little, maybe? Otherwise, yeah, seems like a bug.
  • Gonglez_P_IGonglez_P_I Member Posts: 14
    Huh, it appeared suddenly. Topic is resolved. Mods can close or delete this thread.
  • sleepwalker77sleepwalker77 Member Posts: 1
    He was hiding behind the trees, not easy to spot.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Often had this problem in vanilla BG1 too, seems like he loves to hide under these :D
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Did you find him?
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    Nah, I went back and looked under those trees next to where he was first standing, but I could not see him. Thanks for the help
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    You can recreate him with the console using the following cheat:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BERRUN")
    eainterplaylLordPekersl
  • Dark_NeuronDark_Neuron Member Posts: 58
    Otherwise try the cheatless version: Wait for night and pick a char with infravision.
    Avenger_teambgGrieghook71
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Lol, that was good :D
  • I cant find him, nor can I stand in the middle of town for him to appear suddenly. Im a wanted man. Very annoying... wtf do I do?
  • EdTheHorseEdTheHorse Member Posts: 0
    Berrun Ghastkill is not in Nashkel after completing the mines mission to finish chapter 2
  • ChrisisBChrisisB Member Posts: 5
    I am having the same problem. Tried the CreateCreture cheat, only to have his dialogue reset. Talked to him till he got to the end and then he refused the letters to Mulvaney (sp?) as proof. So I could not finish the quest even with the cheat.
  • demonbreatherdemonbreather Member Posts: 9
    I realize this thread is super old, but I'm having the same issue as @ChrisisB. I just want to turn in the contaminated iron and the mysterious vial.
  • jkhristianjkhristian Member Posts: 15
    Maybe Beamdog should make it where he waits at the Manor House after the holy symbol turn in?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @jkhristian This is a thread from 2012, marked as Not An Issue.

There have been dozens of patches after 2012. Is there any context for your question/request?
  • jkhristianjkhristian Member Posts: 15
    Just throwing out an idea. Was just thinking about where Ghastkill lived. Darn Gygaxian realism!
    JuliusBorisov