Skip to content

your favourite things in BG:EE

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited April 2013
    I like the splitting out of the Thac0 roll and AC on the character sheet, making weapon, STR, DEX and armour factors easily visible.

As for the campaign, I don't know much, as I don't like vanilla for the lack of banter and tactical challenge, waiting for my favourite mods (NPC1, SCS) before getting involved in playing.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    I like that I can make a dwarven female now who actually looks female and a gnome female wizard who doesn't have a beard.

Seriously. This is what made me love the title and hope they make an IcewingDales:Enhanced Edition. I want to be able to have any gender/class/race combo I want and not have to have them look akward.

That and all the ease of use things.

And the ability to be a sorcerer in the first game.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    edited April 2013
    For me, the load times, ... the super nice color filtering, the way way better than third party mod widescreen + zoom. Was the sound enhanced?; because it's crystal *bleeping* clear and so so nice now ... the little interface additions like listing the modified damage range of your weapon in a little box like the old DnD character sheets, that is a nice touch! the prospect that bg2:ee is just a little ways down the road has me really revved up too.

I can't really express how pleased I am that Overhaul went forward with this project. When bg2:ee is released I will probably be in tears. If you include Ascenscion I may go hypomanic lol...

Can you guys cajole Tim Cain to restore fallout 1, ... is some buggy heh ... (uh, probably not cause of wasteland 2 but oh well)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    No more loading screens. Also, on my version of the game ToSC would never work, so I am glad I got this just to play the expansion
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Dwarven Defender. I'm not really big on the new NPC's or their areas, but for whatever reason I've enjoyed playing as a Dwarven Defender when I normally don't play fighter characters.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    No loading screens. That's definitely the thing that struck me most when I took my BGEE party to BG2.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Ipad support! I can't say it enough, being able to play on the go is the best thing after sliced bread! Also, graphics look so nice, crisp and lively. Zoom feature is a great boon. I can't return to old BGT install on pc now, no sir, it looks so bad when compared and when I turn the mouse wheel it just scrolls the message bar. Sigh.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    edited May 2013

1) faster loading
    2) zoom feature
    3) wider screen
    4) Neera, until she wrecks my party
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Things I like:
    1) new portraits (could be more!)
    2) graphical touches
    3) wider screen

Things I love:
    1) new NPCs and quests and items
    2) UI (especially the inventory screen, where you see the THAC0, AC and damage detailed)

Things I don't really like
    1) new soundsets. oh god, please give us the old ones!
    2) NPC AI scripts are useless (except the 'standard attack')
    3) Some items bound to the new NPC quests
    4) Android version of BGEE. (Or the lack thereof...soo many months now...)
    Southpaw said:

Errmm... the male/female options 1-3 are the old soundsets. 4-6 for both were added in BGEE.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Messi said:

Southpaw said:

Errmm... the male/female options 1-3 are the old soundsets. 4-6 for both were added in BGEE.
    Might be. I actually played German version of original BG1 (with german voicesets) and then only BG2 and BGTutu with the BG2 soundsets. 2 of them were acceptable. The ones we have in BGEE - none of them is acceptable and it breaks my immersion.
  • Pluc082Pluc082 Member Posts: 80
    80 ammo per case!!
    Southpaw said:

Messi said:

Southpaw said:

Might be. I actually played German version of original BG1 (with german voicesets) and then only BG2 and BGTutu with the BG2 soundsets. 2 of them were acceptable. The ones we have in BGEE - none of them is acceptable and it breaks my immersion.
    Yea, that explains it. BG2 always had different voicesets from BG1. I don't actually know why they didn't make all the BG2 ones available in BGEE. I do know that BG2 voicesets have "barks" for more condititions than the BG1 ones, but couldn't they just cut the extra ones if that was a problem?

Maybe someone from Overhaul can explain why that didn't happen! :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Lack of loading screens, which results in greater immersion.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The female portraits in particular are amazing. I hope to see more of them in future patches as well as bg2:ee.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited May 2013
    The lack of loading screens made it impossible for me to go back to BGT... Now I miss some mods, but not enough to put up with the loading screens once more.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    DORN
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    1) Neera
    2) The other nice new stuff

:P
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Its so sexy looking.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    1) Rasaad
    2) The new spell graphics
    3) Dorn
    4) The new portraits
    5) Being able to pause in inventory (I distinctly recall the original having a warning that the game would unpause in the inventory)
    6) Being able to zoom in and out

aaaaand other stuff I can't think of at the moment :3
  • LisaralinLisaralin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    1) Neera
    2) Dorn and Rasaad
    3) the new quests
    4) The fact that the total roll is shown when you roll the stats.
    5) the new kits
    6) circles under party members corresponding to their colors.
    Post edited by Lisaralin on
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    My CHARNAME can finally be a monk from the start.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Neera
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    After playing BG2, BG1 in general felt lacking... Might've been all the added features, I like everything that was added in BG2 being present here.

Also, The Black Pits... But after doing a couple of times, I think it could be a little longer...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Neera. She is mai waifu. After Nalia. Also that punchy dude, and that other dude who took the wrong Dark Portal to Azeroth. And that guy you can only get if you hit the right buttons on the Start Screen.

Kits. New kits. The ability to be a punchy person at the beginning of the saga instead of having to import from Tutu. Also the ability to say "SCREW YOU" to spell learning failure chances as a Sorcerer or Dragon Disciple.

Half-orcs. But I never play half-orcs, really, but still. Half-orcs.

Tab key.

MORE WHEPINS especially The Stupefier. I...am going to edit this into my BG II game.

I guess The Black Pits is alright.

Spell sequencers. I'm like a kitty who's getting its chin scratched with that! also the other BG II spells, but mostly spell sequencers.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Probably the new kits. I don't like the new circles under the characters, it keeps confusing me into thinking I should kill Neera...
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    @TheElf Fair enough. I like it because it helps me keep everyone straight. Sometimes I have to change their main colors around because three people have Brown hehehe. Nothing says you couldn't change Neera to White to match her potrait better. AND you can turn it off entirely under options.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Oh I know, and it's not really a big deal for me, I was mostly just kidding/wondering how many other old players had the same thought at first. 'Wtf, Neela's red! Kill eeet!'