Skip to content

Bug after mod installs - asking for help

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited May 2013 in Not An Issue
Just installed some mods now and already 2 bugs have been spoted.

Can't open EE Keeper anymore (crash when i try to open it)
Can't select characters with the keyboard numbers (press 1, 2, 3, 4... doesn't do anything now).

The mods installed on my BG EE are the following ones in this very exactly sequence:

Super_Ultimate_Portraits_v_1-00
bg2_tweaks-v11 (the compatible version with BG EE)
stratagems-v23
FoF V0.5c (Faiths of Faerun)
rr-bgee-win-v461 (Rogue Rebalancing)
BGeeARv102 (TeamBG Armor Pack)
BGeeWv102 (TeamBG Weapon Pack)
isra_v1.4

About the select unit problem, the only mention in my baldurs.ini to the word keyboard is the following sentence below:

'Keyboard Scroll Speed', '36',

So my doubt is, any other person experienced any kind of problem like mine own with any of the mods above (so i avoid or change the configuration of that mode), and does anyone know how to fix the hotkey issue? Cos in BG EE i don't have anymore an BG Config options like i had in BG and BG2 to easly fix this issue, probally one or more of my installed mods messed up with the hotkey configurations only.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    by the way, if anyone could instruct me how to unninstall the game to reinstall it, i would apreciate also.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    You don't need to reinstall. The repair function will make the game work again, just make sure to delete your override folder.
    what yould be the repair function @mlnevese?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @kamuizin

photo repairbutton_zpsbc800b7d.jpg

This function apparently restores all the game's files and folders to their original settings so there's no need to uninstall/reinstall the game.
    edited May 2013
    Strange, i have no option like that. I'm using the Beamdog client by the way, so:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is what i have at my reach.

Apparently the bug is introduced by the ultimate portrait mod that i downloaded, other people are complaining about it as well.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking through the default key bindings, and nothing in the keys themselves have changed.

Both the default and the one included with the portrait pack, the only thing that has changed is the list of portraits at the end of the file. I'm going to go and take a look at some of the other mods, see if I can find the culprit. I've downloaded and installed all of the above mentioned mods and can find nothing wrong with the party selection keys.

As for the Beamdog installation repair, you'll need to just remove (archive and delete) the files in your override folder), then probably remove (again, archive and delete the files so you don't actually lose them) the language you use for installing mods in the Lang folder (if you don't mind downloading a whole bunch, just archive and delete the entire Lang folder (about 250MB)) - this is mainly so you can revert everything back to its default state. Then delete the *.status and *.beam files located in BeamDog\Games\, then launch the client and it should allow you to check the files and download the ones you removed and restore anything else.
    @Kilivitz, how does i reach the screen that you displayed? I logged on my Beamdog Client and nothing, Logged in my account in the web site of Beamdog and still nothing, and no link inside the official BG EE site.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @kamuizin that screen is the standalone game launcher - BGEE.exe, inside the install folder (I don't use the Beamdog client).

But even if it's not there on your install, I suppose there should be an option to restore your game using the client, right? Maybe @Dee can help you with that.
    Well, a bit of attention from @TrentOster, @CamDawg, @Kaeloree to this matter would be really appreciated.

Just need a way to clean the install from mods at least (as BG EE doesn't have an unninstall.exe), the other problems are secundary, if solved all the better, but i need a way to securely remove/restore my BG EE game to vanilla point.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @kamuizin Rename your 00766 folder and launch the Beamdog client again. It should give you the option to redownload the game.
    @Jalily, by redownload it will rewrite the entire content thus removing every moded content? Is this the same course of action that @Kilivitz provided or just another way to deal with the problem?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @kamuizin It won't rewrite anything—it will download it fresh, so you will have an unmodded game. The old folder won't affect anything and can be deleted at that point. (You could even delete it now if you're sure there's nothing you want to back up in there.)
    Ooo, ok then @Jalily, as BG EE is an .exe install, i presumed that some archives to be wroten on window register directory, therefore being needed to unninstall the program properly to succefully remove the game. But BG EE does not have an Unninstall option neither is Revo Uninstaller (and probally other unninstal programs) able to recognize BG EE to remove it.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kamuizin Yes, just delete the folder. :)
    Did as suggested, now Beamdog client can't install the game anymore, it keep an downloading in orange status that doesn't show any download at all, i'm downloading from the site however and things are working out at least, but no more download from client to me apparently, just hope that this doesn't difficult my access to updates.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kamuizin You also have to delete the relevant .beam and .status files from your /Games/ directory. :)