Skip to content

Ghast/Ghoul(?) hold/stun

Current behavior — when a ghast hits and stuns/holds one of my player characters, the stun/hold icon did not show up in the character's portrait, though a disease icon did: on a related note, this disease does not affect the character at all as, say, when he was struck by a wraith spider (i.e., consider str. decrease).

Expected behavior — The hold/stun icon needs to appear when character is affected; also, if diseased, have strength drop accordingly.

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Did you experienced this only with ghast, ghoul or both?
    I cannot reproduce this, but I know a guy that could help me...

Aedan casts Summon @tresset
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The ghast's disease and hold effects run on separate saves. The hold is a save vs. death while the disease is a save vs. breath. It is very common to resist one and fail the other.

As for the ghast's disease effect; it does do something and function correctly. It applies a 2 point penalty to thac0 for each failed save vs breath (possibly even nastier than the wraith spider disease!). Next time you see a ghast try watching your character's thac0 and see if it gets penalized.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the check, @Tresset. Not An Issue.
  • CorpusDelictiCorpusDelicti Member Posts: 45
    It was only with the ghast that this happened. I'll check out my THAC0 with regard to disease. Er...but there still was no hold/stun icon showing when a character was held/stunned.