Skip to content

Which SoA NPC's should also be romanceable?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    No love for Jan? ;_;
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I think Irenicus should be romancable. or at the very least, Bodi.
  • BestopherBestopher Member Posts: 28
    Awong124 said:

Imoen, just because it would be twisted.

I almost put this, but it would have been trolling, and likely reported lol.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Nalia, hands down.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

I think Irenicus should be romancable. or at the very least, Bodi.

no Bodhi. it won't work. i have recieved visions of a charname name abdel who romanced her. luckily, it was all a dream and not real. it must never be real. bad things will happen. and certainly no imoen and phaere action. only charname gets that honor
    Believe me, Bodhi wouldn't be any worse than some women I have dated.
    ChildofBhaal599CrevsDaak
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Well, guys have many to pick from already (not to mention that little Miss Wild Girl comes into the equation in BG2EE). So I thought Valygar or Haer'Dalis would be cool for girl PCs, but then again Edwin... would be the most hilarious romance line ever! I don't like rolling female CHARNAMEs, but if Edwin would be romancable... I think I would take an exception!

It would also be interesting to romance little sis. It is a bit weird, but I don't think that having the same god for your father would qualify such relationship to be considered as incest.
    SophiaCrevsDaak
    A bit off, but what about courtesans by the way? Some of my CHARNAMEs really missed that they couldn't get their services.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Normally I'd vote for Haer'Dalis, as he's awesome and female PCs need more romances, but with two more romanceable men already on the way and a Hae'Dalis romance mod out there, my vote goes for Mazzy. Because Mazzy is an awesome three-foot-tall badass.
    KloroxCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited May 2013
    @Bestopher

Dunno why it would be, as an Imoen romance mod already exists.

Otherwise I would like to see both Nalia and Mazzy for the guys. Haer'dalis, Valygar, and Korgan for the girls. Haer'dalis could probably swing both ways and be an option for both.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Well I can say Imoen, but there is a mod out there which I'm trying to do with time available.

But I would like to see Vicky or Aerie go for the same gender. Also I would love to have a relationship with Mazzy especially one that could possible corrupt her lawful goodness or maybe she could change your alignment. Though I anxious to see how that Wild mage has mature over time and will she continue to use me to protect herself from the world. Of course she wants a big and tough Paladin to protect her from those evil red wizards.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I really can't see Edwin and even less Korgan work as a non-silly romance. It would either be pure comic relief and not offer a serious alternative for female charnames, or it would be way out of character. Haer'Dalis or Valygar or both would be a good addition, but there are already way more romances than I find believable, especially with the contrast of no-one just wanting a friendship. Friends, mentors, even (friendly) rivals would all be more interesting and add something new.
    MalicronCrevsDaakbooinyoureyesNonnahswriter
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Haer D'alis, as a bisexual romancable npc. He is a cool, sexy, dirty rock star with a nihilistic outlook, and he has not only one, but two excellent, and big...errm, short swords. ^^
    CrevsDaak
  • ParasolsyndicateParasolsyndicate Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Mazzy for novelty purposes. It'd be good for the short races to get a romance option, and it'd be good to explore the potential with a taller Charname. There's room for serious questions about fetishes versus feelings, and lots of silly jokes besides.
    Post edited by Parasolsyndicate on
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Malicron said:

I'm very concerned at the number of people that want an Imoen romance, and sincerely hope it's because they don't care about roleplaying all that much.

Well they could make it where she pursues you and then you could wig out and reject her and then you could have awkward conversations with her through out the rest of the game. I'm sure it would lively up the situation in any roleplay. Definitely give it a feel of realism.

• ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited May 2013
    Malicron said:

I'm very concerned at the number of people that want an Imoen romance, and sincerely hope it's because they don't care about roleplaying all that much.

It isn't as if the incest issue hasn't be addressed. In the Imoen romance mod that already exists Imoen is disgusted with herself for a while for how she feels about the PC.

The fact of the matter is that the PC and Imoen spent as long as they can remember together as a sort of sibling while not actually believing themselves to be ACTUAL siblings. Feelings could develop after spending all that time with somebody, and then when you find out she is your half sister because you share the blood of not a conventional father but a god of murder, do you just automatically shut off those long developed feelings because, "Ew. Incest?"

For a lot of people, their society and their personal set of morals and values say yes. But this is a different universe and a different set of circumstances than anything that exists in our world.
    SenashAedanEmmi
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Imoen! Why mix Bhaal's god blood!? Bhaal spawns must mate only with others Bhaal spawns!!
    Lindeblom
    edited May 2013
    @Mordeus Luke and Leia are completely different.
    They are not just half-siblings on account of their father, who is a divine entity, they are twins! And in different universe, which is closer to our modern day world, whereas BG is closer to a feudalistic, middle age Earth. In those times incest wasn't even frowned upon so much as it is nowadays.

And I can't fully agree with this seeing each other as family, brother/sister thing. They were both living in Candlekeep, which is full of monks, old men and soldiers, not really a place where you can have many friends of your age growing up. They were there for each other from the beginning, knowing that they are not brother and sister by blood. Imagine when your sexual desires start to develop and the only person close to you is your cute adopted sister. Kids actually can start to develop such feeling for family members if someone doesn't tell them that it's disgusting and unacceptable.

And what you are saying about BG2 actually steers things to a different direction! People get into relationship most of the time when they are fragile and in need of someone to hold onto. Who's better for that than the boy you grew up with?

Let's not friendzone Imoen just because they share the same divine entity as their father!

Besides, incest was really common in polytheistic pantheons, so I don't think that it even matters.
    ParasolsyndicateNecdilzorCrevsDaak
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    All I see is : Imoen put charname in the friendzone and now he is pissed.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    @Senash It's probably my own personal perspective on relationships but I don't think it's really the best thing to enter into a relationship with someone who has just suffered a psychotic break, and who continues to have violent, brutal dreams everytime they go to sleep. That's not exactly the peak of mental health. You could say I'm also against a Tiax romance too because they aren't thinking clearly.

Sure some people enter into romantic relationships purely because they choose to rely on someone else through difficult times, but the character development of Imoen is based around her stepping out of the shadow of Charname. For her fighting for the courage of self-reliance. Aerie is an example of a romantic partner who confides in Charname over the loss of her wings, or Jaheira over the loss of Khalid, or Viconia over her experiences as a drow or Anomen over the loss of his sister. But they all have some distance between their present and their past pain, Imoen is continually living out her own personal hell. Having constant visions of murder isn't something you can push aside to pursue a love affair. Charname has some distance too on being a Bhaalspawn since he's experienced his fair share of violent dreams during BG1 while it only starts to manifest with Imoen til BG2.

It's not that I'm against a Charname/Imoen romance, it's that I'm against any romantic pairing involving Imoen. Can't see her paired with Anomen, Haer'dalis, etc... She's just trying to hold onto her sanity for the most part. Maybe something could happen between her and Charname after she gives up her Bhaalspawn essence but the girl's got more on her mind than romance. I just don't buy into the idea that through romantic love, Imoen can overcome the darkness within her. The healing must come from her first, and that's what she does inbetween SoA and ToB.
    DJKajuruParasolsyndicate
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Minsc only has one vote? Poor fella.
    CrevsDaak
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Korgan obviously... you could bond over homicide, wealth and... no I guess that about sums it up actually
  • Sterling580Sterling580 Member Posts: 26
    Korgan, for the sheer hilarity and madness such a relationship would spawn.
    @Mordeus All I'm saying, is that in my opinion, in a time like that you really need someone to hold you while you're trying to sleep, a shoulder to cry on, and someone, who understands the pain you are going through. The romantic involvement doesn't necessarily mean having crazy monkey sex, while trying to cope with your dreams and heritage. A sympathetic hug can spark a lot in times of distress.

But maybe it's just me. My girlfriends always told me that I'm a bit of a protective/fatherly figure, so I like to protect girls who are having it rough (not taking advantage of the situation deliberately mind you!).

I guess we have to agree to disagree, because I do believe that Imoen would like some help to overcome her darker side and the best way for that help would be someone who is more interested in her cares more about her than enyone else in the world.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    The more love the better. Basically, with high enough Charisma, romance with every single joinable character should be an option, regardless of race, preferences and marital status. The game should not restrict the number of simultaneous romances as well; it should be a decision made by Charname whether he/she/it wants to pursue a relationship with a single being, a multitude of them, or even travel with a whole harem of partners tagging along after him/her/it. Freedom of will is sacrosanct; not even I ever violate it. Well, perhaps a few times in the past. But, you know, stuff happens. And sometimes it's like a mispronounced sheet.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Malicron said:

It's not my cup of tea either, but is she really your sister?

The only link between you is a dead god.

I don't know if he'd show up on a paternity test... or, er, a Detect Paternity spell (school Divination, sphere Family, level 3).
    NecdilzorBaldursCat