Skip to content

Most important role in a BG party

2»

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

No pack mule option?

They list Dwarf fighter. Ok, not 'Dwarf' by name, but it is implied.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405

But I say again, play and have fun. Whatever your method of play is. If you are having fun and not at the expense of another player, it's all good.

Well, we can definetly agree on that at least! Not so sure with your opinion on pack mules though... I prefer half-orcs to do the heavy lifting.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @Senash - LOL. When I used to play PnP (WAY BACK before they created rocks), I had this wizard who took to calling the party Dwarf Fighter 'Bagage carrier'. We had lots of fun with that.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That's awesome.

No pack mule option?

They list Dwarf fighter. Ok, not 'Dwarf' by name, but it is implied.
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    locks, traps, pick pockets, recon, backstub
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Arcane caster. I always prefer to have two of them. One as an offensive caster, and one as a support, who deals with buffs and CC spells. When I'm not playing a caster myself, I usually have Edwin or Quayle on offense (depending on party alignment) and Xan on support for BG1. For BG2 it's Aerie or Edwin on offense (depending on party alignment) and Jan on support. Of course sometimes I just throw party composition to the wind, recruit a party composed of nothing but arcane casters with at least one that's a multiclass cleric and my strategy changes to something along the lines of "okay now everyone cast magic missile on the same guy at the same time LETS DO THIS"
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Urd1en said:

locks, traps, pick pockets, recon, backstub

there are spells for locks and traps you know
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    Give me a good arcane controller any day. They run the party low level and even moreso at high level. Forget the nukes!!! Well placed controller spells make a healer's job easier. The warrior gets to stab sleeping enemies to death. Although I'd say in bg a thief is he 2nd most important. Of course I could just max find trap and open lock quickly then dual class....:)
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    By divine caster I pretty much mean a druid. Mass heals and crowd control from Call Woodland Being, neuter enemies with insect plague and whatever else your specific build can bring to the table makes the druid the most powerful class in BG:EE by a fair margin and easily capable of being very decisive in any battle.