Skip to content

So basically you're paying for.....

Comments

• cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    İ smell trolling then, shall i bring acid and fire?
    mch202JolanthusseekaFenghoang
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Djura83 said:

Well, I would like to see bg3 from Black Isle team and noone else, since noone could make the game as good as first two games.

Yeah, as someone has already mentioned, Black Isle didn't develop BG, and they've also been out of existence for years. They did develop Planescape:Torment and Fallout I&II, as well as all the Icewind Dale Games. They merely published the BG titles.

So, yes, they were a great development team, as the Fallout games and PS:T are amongst my favorite games of all time, but alas they didn't develop BG and have all now dispersed throughout the game development world.

This does seem to just be another thread saying "so this is just what we have already with mods? guess I'm not buying it." Well, please, don't buy it then. Or you could actually look through the other threads on this forum and discover what BG:EE actually is (not just your cursory opinion based on apparently nothing)... and it might just change your mind :)
    Garm
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Another mindblowing post about nothing..........
    Its ok to make critic, but funny it always comes before the game actually been played with the new content.

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Its all good. Its chump change. Better than the over priced games they make for $60 and they really aren't worth that.
    seekaNWN_babaYagapkloop
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Talking about that... I'm attempting to play baldur's gate on my computer and i'm enconting some difficulty, i buyed the game on gog installed the Baldur's Gate trilogy mod and the resolution mod, but i enconter lot of graphical issues on windows 7... the graphic for a lck of better them keep blinking... someone got an idea how to fix this?
    I'll take a guess, your video card is an nVidia card?
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Turn off 3d acceleration?
    ATI Radeon HD3870 X2 in fact
    ATI? I have that an ATI card and Windows 7 and have never had any issues. But I didn't buy my game on GoG, I use the original disks and I don't use BGT or the resolution mod. I would lean on the resolution mod might be giving you trouble.
    i don,t think so since it was doing it before i installed it... but well will keep looking
  • FenghoangFenghoang Member Posts: 160
    edited July 2012
    I have a love/hate relationship with the Widescreen mod. Sure it allows higher resolutions, but at 1920x1200, the game is zoomed so far out, you can't see anything. I usually compromise with 1280x800, but i wish i could run with my monitor's native resolution. The game doesn't look as good at non-native res on my monitor, and it's still a bit too zoomed out for my taste.

The extra DLC content, real higher resolution support + zoom function, bug fixes, up-to-date OS/hardware compatibility, multiplayer improvements, and my enduring love for the BG series makes this game ABSOLUTELY worth it. =D

And I can't see how games with this much raw content for $20 can ever be considered "overpriced." Games with 40+ hours of content (especially quality, non-fluff filler content) are so rare nowadays, it makes me depressed thinking about it =(
  • DeathOfNamesDeathOfNames Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2012
    Man... I just spent the same on an electric fly-swatter, so to me the price is very reasonable.

The proper high-res support along with a new and improved GUI, which can properly handle these resolutions, is something I've been craving for a while. (more quick-spell slots, YES PLEASE!)
    Post edited by DeathOfNames on
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I can't wait for more screenshots showing how the new zoom levels look.
  • NiccoladoNiccolado Member Posts: 3

Resolution mod that you can download online, engine mod that you can download online FOR FREE. But it also has couple of useless characters and "new adventure" (more like arena)

I say 'O' for Overpriced. Not worth it.

To be able to play The Best Game ever made for computers on my new system is alone worth the money I think. I paied 18 dollar for the pre-order. Not much at all! And considering the changes and additions they DO make to it, I find the price more than acceptable.

And then ofcource you have the incentive it gives to the producers about thinking about making a Baldurs Gate 3 game... and, If they do, I certainly hope they will not dumb it down as many other game producers have done lately with other famous classics..

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012
    Cant imagine playing BGEE on an Ipad. Ill stick with the big screen ;)
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    Do we seriously need another thread discussing the value of the game?...

A much more in depth and well thought out discussion on the "value" of BGEE is here.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    To me its worth 50+ just to have a stable BG1 for Mac, the DLC, improvements and NPCs are the icing on the cake.
    seeka
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Yeah, I want Beamdog/Overhaul games to make a lot of money with BG:EE and BG2:EE. So maybe the gaming companies will understand that there are a lot of us down there who care about the old good rpg. Dragon age 2?, wow... seriously...

Temple of the elemental Evil was really the best hope that we had back then, its was a really nice 'game', but for me its was really really really too short. About 1-2 Acts if you ask me and I was hoping for something like 5-6 Acts.

So if I can give them 20$ for Bg, 20$ for BG2, 20$ for BG3, 20$ for iwd, 20$ for iwd2 and then have a small chance to have a new game like ''Temple of the elemental Evil'' but with the 5-6 Acts that I was hoping, I will. Then I will be @#@!%@ happy to be able to revisit each of my favorite old school rpg on my tablet when I'm bored somewhere without internet connection.
    LediathNWN_babaYaga
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    I'm actually strongly considering biting the bullet at this point. I don't necessarily feel that the visible value is worth $20 but the more I see what these guys are doing the more I appreciate their mindset and approach and hope for their success. Just as I often choose not to buy something from principle, I may decide that this is an effort worth supporting for the value of what will surely come from it later.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    How many threads do we need on this subject? Yes, for me the upgrades are worth it. No, they don't have to be for you.
    Lediath
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282

How many threads do we need on this subject? Yes, for me the upgrades are worth it. No, they don't have to be for you.

Eleventy-two.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Aranneas said:

Eleventy-two.
    Aranneas said:

Eleventy-two.
    Aren't we there yet? :D
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    It's simple guys, don't feed the trollz! Flame them.... Stops em regenerating!

It's simple guys, don't feed the trollz! Flame them.... Stops em regenerating!

I ran out of acid AND fire arrows, and I've already used burning hands! I'm screwed!!!
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2012
    Modern games : 5 hours gameplay, no storyline, mediocre soundtracks, 79.99$
    BGEE: 70-100 hours gameplay, maybe even more, best storyline, majestic soundtrack, 19.99$
    Hmm...worth it !
    Renshtalis
  • ShaewarosShaewaros Member Posts: 24
    There is simply not enough new content for old BG fans - it uses the same engine and doesn't improve graphics, the new arena is pretty insignificant addition, multiplayer existed in the original as well etc. Same old stuff on a new platform. The original is enough for me.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited August 2012
    raclariu said:

Modern games : 5 hours gameplay, no storyline, mediocre soundtracks, 79.99$
    BGEE: 70-100 hours gameplay, maybe even more, best storyline, majestic soundtrack, 19.99$
    Hmm...worth it !

The way you put it totally misses the point. And it was an overexaggeration anyway.
  • DuranDuran Member Posts: 15
    Amount of effort put into the game with the limitations put on them and the stuff they poured into this game is well worth the price tag. Also can play against friends while on the train is just sheer awesome :)
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125

I ran out of acid AND fire arrows, and I've already used burning hands! I'm screwed!!!

Fireball, sunfire, dragon's breath, whatever it takes, as long as it gets the job done...

Renshtalis