Skip to content

Original Artwork - Jaheira

NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
Hey all. I haven't posted anything in a while because I've been really busy with other projects, but I finally got a little break and decided to work on some more BG art. Here's Jaheira.

There's also a larger version here on my DeviantArt account http://nixxical.deviantart.com/art/Jaheira-376049119

smeagolheartEntropyXIIFlashheartItomonAedanMalicronDjimmykilleahreedmilfamfrancoAwong124jakaminskiSCARY_WIZARDPeccaAkerhonlefreutMoomintrollFrecheYovanethEleutherosSouthpawCerevantAHFBelgarathMTHlunarAkihikoalnairPaulgShapiroKeatsDarkMageRythgarMarkylaptopman666MoczoDeltaslayerCrevsDaakHeindrichrandNameVithar

Comments

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    I love your style, and admire your ability to capture the faces, but I despair your taste in armor. Why is Jaheira running around with her stomach, sternum, sides, hips and, if I see correctly, her back as well, exposed? I'm no expert, but I think getting stabbed through stomach or in the back is both painful and lethal, and armor is supposed to prevent this from happening.
    AedanMortiannafrancoBelgarathMTH
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Perhaps she's part druid and wants to feel nature on her bare skin? I got nothing.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    edited June 2013
    Excellent piece - I love how you kept her look from the BG2 portrait. Exactly how I imagined her.

@Syntia13 - Isn't it obvious? she's setting a fashion statement. Adventuring can be sexy. That or the armor comes with 'charm person' once per day.
    Syntia13franco
  • FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    She's posing for the camera before she dons the full armour. Looks mighty sexy to me!
  • NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
    Thanks guys!

And I know a lot of people are really serious about armor practicality. For this style of portrait art where I have them posing as if being painted, it's just about looks, not functionality. They are more like glamor portraits than a view of a character prepping for battle. When I paint more serious fantasy scenes of characters out adventuring or in action I take a more realistic approach.

I do plan to paint some full scenes of memorable moments from the series soon, so for those that like the art, but not the armor, that may be more your speed.
    Syntia13Moomintroll
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Awesome. The armor is just fine so is Jaheira. Thumbs up.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Syntia13 said:

I love your style, and admire your ability to capture the faces, but I despair your taste in armor. Why is Jaheira running around with her stomach, sternum, sides, hips and, if I see correctly, her back as well, exposed? I'm no expert, but I think getting stabbed through stomach or in the back is both painful and lethal, and armor is supposed to prevent this from happening.

Isn't clear? Jaheira is making er own phot.... errrrr painting book! The painter will draw her with 3 dress of her choice! Business, Leisure and Sexy for only 100 gold pieces

• JimeihJimeih Member Posts: 1
    You've done a fantastic job, Nixxi. It's a beautiful picture. And... you can't wear armour all the time :D
  • Zzidolfas86Zzidolfas86 Member Posts: 77
    That is fantastic indeed! Me likes a lot :)
    Great job on the hair, always a pain to do imo.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Nixxi,

I salivate every time I see a new thread title for you. Every portrait you do is more amazing than the one before (and that's saying a lot, because the one before is always amazing). You capture the characters exactly as they were always meant to be (especially Aerie).

I also love your avatars, both for this site and deviant art. I'd love to see full-size pics of those, if you wouldn't mind posting them.
    Syntia13 said:

You underestimate Jaheira. Her abs are clearly hard enough to deflect any blow, and she's too good to let anyone sneak up behind her.

On a slightly more serious note, I'd argue that the exposed parts allow for greater dexterity and flexibility in dodging blows.

Besides, leather armor is so lousy she might as wear be wearing bare skin anyway.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @SharGuidesMyHand

Besides, leather armor is so lousy she might as wear be wearing bare skin anyway.

Which is why I always put her in full plate as soon as I can get y hands on one. (Provided, of course, that I plan to take her with me. I don't bother otherwise). ;P

@Nixxi
    Nixxi said:

And I know a lot of people are really serious about armor practicality. For this style of portrait art where I have them posing as if being painted, it's just about looks, not functionality. They are more like glamor portraits than a view of a character prepping for battle. When I paint more serious fantasy scenes of characters out adventuring or in action I take a more realistic approach.

I do plan to paint some full scenes of memorable moments from the series soon, so for those that like the art, but not the armor, that may be more your speed.

Yes, I'm one of those practical armor fans. :) I like your explanation though, I can understaind posing for a portrait in your best looking, rather than most sturdy outfit.
    I would love to see you take on actual battle ready armors; like I said, your style agrees with my tastes very well. :)
    Nixxi
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for all the nice remarks.

I also love your avatars, both for this site and deviant art. I'd love to see full-size pics of those, if you wouldn't mind posting them.

The avatar I use on here is from one I started of my Bhaalspawn character. It's not done yet, but I'll be happy to post it once I get around to finishing it. As far as the avatar on my deviant account, that is just a little self portrait. Since I made it specifically to use as an avatar it's not all that big or as detailed as my usual stuff, but here's a link to it... http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag55/NikkiCallero/Avatar_zps0caff63a.jpg

Post edited by Nixxi on
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Nixxi said:

The avatar I use on here is from one I started of my Bhaalspawn character. It's not done yet, but I'll be happy to post it once I get around to finishing it. As far as the avatar on my deviant account, that is just a little self portrait. Since I made it specifically to use as an avatar it's not all that big or as detailed as my usual stuff, but here's a link to it... http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag55/NikkiCallero/Avatar_zps0caff63a.jpg

Oh, girl, she's pretty! :3

I also grudgingly acknowledge Jaheira's beauty, as drawn by you. But only grudgingly! Not normally and un-grudgingly!
    Nixxi said:

Thank you for all the nice remarks.

Wow, you're beautiful if you don't mind me saying.

Do you have a larger copy of your current forum avatar that you could post?
    Thank you, and sorry but I just cropped out her head, saved it as a reduced size and uploaded it here for something to use as a quick avatar. I've since added things to the same area of the original painting, like a partially done circlet and jewelry. I plan to complete her fairly soon though.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Syntia13 said:

Come on. We all know, that Jaheira has plot armor and she won't die, because you will meet her in BG2.
    Also, we all know that all females are completely invincible on those parts that are oh-so-often flaunted and displayed and the Chainmail Bikini they are using actually covers the only places a woman is being able to be harmed.

...sarcasm aside, I find this an acceptable break from reality and @Nixxi actually does keep it quite useable, yet still very sexy.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Southpaw said:

... we all know that all females are completely invincible on those parts that are oh-so-often flaunted and displayed and the Chainmail Bikini they are using actually covers the only places a woman is being able to be harmed.

I can see it now, in Dragon's Dogma. "another strap has come loose, attack now while she's defenceless!"
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    edited July 2013
    As a fellow artist, I will say that your greenery is VERY good. Your various tones from lit to shadowy sections are also well done. I like the work for your Jeheira though she seems a bit removed from the surroundings itself. The quality of 'realism' seems to shift when your eyes goes from the trees/leaves to Jeheira. Just so you understand me, I actually like your work here, just wanted to share my thoughts on it. Though it may simply be that the light appears to be coming behind her that throws off perspective as she is clearly lit from the front.

I would like to see you work on a character with elaborate clothing.
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    @Nixxi I really love your BG artworks :)
    I'm waiting with anxiety the next! :P
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    I won't be grabbing this one for my BG games because... well, I hate Jaheira and never use her. Excellent work as usual though! Your pictures are awesome.
  • BadmassBadmass Member Posts: 36
    Excellent work! I must say however she doesn't look angry/cranky enough to be the actual Jaheira, it must be a doppleganger.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    Oh, Jaheira, you are suddenly growing on me...

I am gonna have to look up the rest of your artwork. Between this and the Aerie I saw earlier today, you're quickly becoming a favorite.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Moczo said:

Oh, Jaheira, you are suddenly growing on me...

I am gonna have to look up the rest of your artwork. Between this and the Aerie I saw earlier today, you're quickly becoming a favorite.

Don't forget her Imoen and Minsc~!