edited June 2013 in General Modding
======================================================================
Kit Tomes for BGT, TuTu & BG:EE v2.01
by Smeagolheart
WHAT IS IT?:
--------------------
This mod adds magical career tomes to the first Baldur's Gate game. These tomes can add a kit to a PC or NPC character.

Characters can pick up one (1) class kit using a Magic Career Tome. For example, a multiclassed elven Fighter/Mage was able to toggle between Fighter/Enchanter or Berserker/Mage but is not able to become a Berserker/Enchanter. If that same character was a human who dual classed (instead of multiclass elf), they would be able to pick the same classes (so Fighter/Enchanter or Berserker/Mage but not Berserker/Enchanter). These tomes can help create combinations not normally available without using a tool such as Shadowkeeper. Well, instead of firing up Shadowkeeper, you can accomplish the same in game now. Gnomish Necromancers? Mutliclassed Kensai/Cleric? Oh yeah those are possible.

Using a tome will removes the all of active creature's current kits and add the specified kit. Abilities from any previous kit are removed if applicable. Class restrictions do apply for kits. When attempting adding an invalid kit, the existing kit (if any) will be replied; it will be as if nothing happened. So if you do not qualify for Berserker because you have already taken PIPs in a ranged weapon, for example, nothing would happen if you used the Tome of the Berserker. Use these tomes with caution until you understand the ramifications, save your game before you use one so the worst thing that could happen is a reload.
WHY BG1?:
--------------------
When the first Baldur's Gate was created, there were no kits. In Baldur's Gate 2, characters start out at a later level and can have a kit.

If you began a character without a kit in the first game; they gained the kit somehow by the time of the second game. This mod aims to give players a means to explain how their characters evolved. A person can give their PC a story like "I started out as a Fighter out of Candlekeep, then I dual classed to Cleric and I went on this quest where I learned how to be a cleric of Helm." Boom - Fighter / Cleric of Helm.

The first game already has the famous Stat Tomes that you come across and this mod aims to expand that type of gameplay decision.

What about BG2? The idea of the mod has roots mostly in BG1, where players are developing their characters before they are the seasoned adventurers that start out in BG2. In the future, these tomes could be incorporated into BG2 if there is demand. He could be staying in the Copper Coronet for example. I think it makes more sense to keep this feature available at lower levels in BG1 to prevent too much cheese. If it's BG2 someone could, right before fighting a boss, change kits to something he hasn't been his whole adventuring career.

If you really want this incorporated into BG2 you can use CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("s9panver") and the tome merchant will appear into your SOA or TOB game.
HOW IS IT IMPLEMENTED? WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS?:
----------------------------------------------
This mod has two main options. You can install only the Tome Merchant or Quest Givers which reward the player with Tomes and the Tome Merchant.

If you install only the merchant, Panver the Loremaster, he will be found outside of the Friendly Arm Inn.

If you install the Quest Givers, Panver is moved to the Elfsong Tavern in Baldur's Gate. The quest givers reward the player with a tome after completing a short quest. Quest givers are not designed to offer complex or hugely difficult quests, normally they integrate with existing quests or NPCs, and just offer a different angle on why you are doing that quest. Quest givers should be easy to spot and are generally located in close proximity of Beregost and adjacent areas. They normally come in pairs and offer one tome from among the pairs profession as a reward for completing their quest. There is a Paladin/Cleric pair offering a choice from among paladin or cleric tomes as a reward for example and so on.

You can adjust Panver's stock of tomes to either 1, 2, 6, or 0 (if you want him to not sell tomes). If you set him to offer 0 tomes then the rewards from the quest givers will be the only way to get a tome.
KNOWN ISSUES
Bard and Thief tomes may run into problems with Lore points and skill points respectively as most of the classes modify these. If one were to pick up an Assassin kit after so many straight thief levels, their skill points would not becorrect. Don't expect the game to be able to retroactively subtract
skill points. Panver will sell you these tomes but only if you request to see his special stock. Thief tomes probably work best on a dual classed
character on his/her first level as a thief.
To Install (For BG:EE):
At the moment the Weidu installer semi-works with BG:EE.
Unzip the mod to your 00766 folder.
Make a backup of your chitin key and your dialog.tlk (lang\en_US) Only in
English at the moment.
Take your dialog.tlk and place it in your 00766 folder.
Double click the SETUP-kittomes application.
Follow the install instruction from that.
Now that is done place your dialog.tlk file back under your lang\en_US folder
Play the game and enjoy.

To Install (For BGT, Tutu):
Unzip the mod to your game folder.
Make a backup of your chitin key and your dialog.tlk
Double click the SETUP-kittomes application.
Follow the install instruction from that.
Play the game and enjoy.
Thanks everyone for the help, especially ulb & Argent77
Version History:
V2.01 6/09/13
-Compatibility fixes for BGEE
-Added Archer Kit

V2.00 5/24/13
-Added Barbarian, Wildmage tomes along with Thief and Bard tomes.
-Added quest givers who can reward the PC with tomes as an option at install.
-Major revisions

V1.00 5/12/13
First release
forum
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56256-kit-tomes-for-bgt-tutu-bgee/
download link
http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1065-kit-tomes-for-bgt-tutu-bgee/
Post edited by smeagolheart on
NifftTome

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Updated here:
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56256-kit-tomes-for-bgt-tutu-bgee/?p=558561

Now with quests! Please report any bugs you may find, or any feedback for the mod. Enjoy!

New features in version 2.0

* Added Barbarian, Wildmage tomes along with Thief and Bard tomes.

* This mod now has two main options. You can install only the Tome Merchant or Quest Givers which reward the player with Tomes and the Tome Merchant. If you install only the merchant, Panver the Loremaster, he will be found outside of the Friendly Arm Inn.

* If you install the Quest Givers, Panver is moved to the Elfsong Tavern in Baldur's Gate. The quest givers reward the player with a tome after completing a short quest. Quest givers are not designed to offer complex or hugely difficult quests, normally they integrate with existing quests or NPCs, and just offer a different angle on why you are doing that quest. Quest givers should be easy to spot and are generally located in close proximity of Beregost and adjacent areas. They normally come in pairs and offer one tome from among the pairs profession as a reward for completing their quest. There is a Paladin/Cleric pair offering a choice from among paladin or cleric tomes as a reward for example and so on.

* You can also now adjust Panver's stock of tomes to either 1, 2, 6, or 0 (if you want him to not sell tomes). If you set him to offer 0 tomes then the rewards from the quest givers will be the only way to get a tome.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2013
    A nice mod to do, one if i had knowledge in making mods i would do myself, however i always thought of instead of tomes, to make small (or not so small) quests avaliable for the vanilla class at an specific moment of the game, with the ending reward being the change of class to an specific kit, after an specific act or something like that the character just change the class.

When i thought about it i always feel that this would work awesome for Blackguards, i can't really start an Blackguard character in common sense, the Main Char is raised his entire life by Gorion... and then he start to summon and deal with some powerful demon that grant him powers and Gorion don't perceive? What kind of powerful mage is him!!!?

When i let my imagination flow, i see an person starting with an Paladin, to pursue the Blackguard quest at some time main char would have to follow a path that would result in fallen status for him (or maybe the quest just start after the fallen status is achieved), then instead of redeem himself, the Main Char fallen paladin just embrace the evil as an whole dealing with some demon or outside force that would turn him into a blackguard.

Aec'Letec comes in mind (and we could betray him for more powerful ones in BG 2, Turning on Aec'Letec to change allegiance to the Lesser Demon Lord in Ush'Natha until an pact with Demogorgon itself became possible).

Well lemme stop babbling about, the point is that i would REALLY LOVE an quest line to pursue the right of use an kit instead of just get it from an tome (and no matter that an assassin become overpowered by get 25 thief skill points until he got the class, after all he worked hard for that, if that's a problem make an assassin sacrifice something to achieve the class, max hit points, 1 pt of constitution, reputation, an joinable NPC maybe who knows).
    Wise_Grimwald
    @kamuizin That implementation would be best - kits from doing a quest. I made the next closest thing, you get a choice from a few kits when you complete a quest instead of one specific kit per one specific quest. That kept the scope manageable. Instead of 30 quest givers and the complexity of bug fixing all those quest givers and generating content for them, I made 5 main quest givers.

Give it a try. Currently there are no quests for BGEE specific kits such as Blackguards, Sun Soul Monks, etc. All the classic BG2 kits are available although now that I think about it, Cleric of Talos isn't currently available since my quest givers for cleric/paladin were good aligned and it didn't seem to fit. I will have to create a whole separate thing for that at some point.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    @smeagolheart - Talos might be a suitable reward when you do the Umberlee fetch quest.
    smeagolheart
    edited May 2013
    @Seamgolheart, i believe that you don't need to make new quests for spread items (it's an suggestion only), but rather you could use the old quests, with an properly change, to give some kits.

As i can't help in modding (cos i lack the knowledge to make mods unfortunally), lemme give suggestions then if you would have them. Examples of best NPCs/moments that already exist to learn an kit Below:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fighters:

Kensai - Given by Meilum, the self proclaimed Best Swordsman in the Sword Coast, instead of provoke him on fight, act nice and he could agree to teach you his fight style (force an 1 or more day rest time for this) or even ask for some minor quest (your freedom of creation here) and then teach you his fight style.

Obs: It's the most coherent NPC to give this quest, maybe change him to Kensai should be in order and by learning from him, you open hand of an Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, that an Kensai can't use anyway.

Berserker - 2 ways to do here, learn directly from Capitain Brage, after curing him. He could teach you his style of fight after using the cursed Berserker sword for some time or even better, an fighter shoud need to equip and use the Berserker cursed sword for a while, and then in reason of the magical item influence, in time you could become an berserker. Or even both ways could be used to achieve the class, so either good and evil parties could get it.

Wizard Slayer - Shandalar could piss of the main char when send him to the frozen prision, or even the mages there could make main char a bit unwelcome in the presence of mages, what could start this quest, but i'd rather have something longer for Wizard Slayer that would not only change his class but add an extra bonus as well.

Another way could be The Great Gazib and The Amazing Oopah, it's an Ogre that is constantly blasted and revived by the mage in Carnivel for the fun of others, an banter sequence of help the ogre (what would be the fair course of action by the way) could lead to an grateful Ogre that hates magic (with reason i have to say) and with experience in dealing with it. I like this one more by the way

First of all, each aknowledge hostile mage encounter should have an rage option, something like "Bastard mageling", "i spit on your magic"... and therefore on. This should fill an meter to allow someone hate or experience magic in his own body enough times to become an Wizard Slayer.

1° - Tarnesh in FAI, Zordral in Carnival, 2° - Borda the cursed item salesman at west of Naskhel if provoked to fight, 3° - Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen (the mustard jelly mage) NE of Naskhel mines, 4° Mutamin with his Basilisks area E of the Temple, 5° The Red Wizards in the area E of Larswoods, 6° The ogre mage with Shoal the Nereid W High Wedge, ... well you get the point.

Dwarf Defender - Durlag's Tower could fit the requeriments for this kit very well, many opportunities there in fact.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rangers:

Archers - Same suggestion for the two-handed sword of berserking, but this time the requeriment should be an Ranger and use the Braces of Archery.

Another possible would be helping Noralee in Baldur's Gate Harbor retrive her gauntlets of weapon skill, or even provide her an new gauntlets or archery to trigger the quest.

Beast Master - No nice idea here, maybe Osmadi in Larswood (he's a druid who worship malar, well if that's not a problem... ok then).

Stalker - Could be a 2 NPCs quest sequence, starting with the guy at the south of FAI that advice the party to keep a low profile, could use some other NPCs in the way and finshing with Palin at Peldvale.

Paladins:

Cavalier - Use Bjornin, the paladin in the Jovial Jungle Inn in Beregost for this, also some proof of zeal against demons could be used before Bjornin teach the character, as fighting Kirinhale the succubus for example.

Undead Hunter - Firewine Dungeon undead cavaliers could help in this, but if i had to choose, i would pick an special sequence banter with Grael, the cursed ghoul in Durlag's Towers 5° underfloor, he's the pinnacle of the sadness of undead existence and some new banters could lead to start an zeal behavior into a Paladin main char against all undeads.

Inquisitor - Phandalyn, the Paladin at the Southwest side of Baldur's Gate inside an Inn that attack any Evil party member, a pretty display of Inquisitor behavior, if not a bit crazy.

Blackguard - Well, here's an interesting proposal. First of all the paladin should become fallen. Then the imagination is the only limit.

I - some main evil quests (or evil way of doing them) should be pursued.

II - more deals than hostility (or hostility and then deals) with the demons in the game, Kirinhale in Durlag's tower, The Demon Knight in the end of Durlag's Tower, Aec'Letec with the cultists and the demon boy in the cloudpeak mountains.

III - The killing of some specific characters in mini quests probally set by the outside power interested in patronage the fallen paladin, be it one of the actual demons in the game or extra content by mod creation (the paladins in the game, or some of them at least, some innocents to be killed for personal gain into a proper order (Algeron comes in mind as an example).

IV - All of the above togheter.

In BG2 EE, the main char could get the option of change allegiance to most powerful beings, as the Demon Lord in Ush'Natha or demogorgon itself later (what can lead to some problems with Helm although).

Druid:

Totemic Druid - Could be teached for either Seniyad or Amarante.

Shapeshifter - Well, the werewolf island can be a pretty nice place to do this, no?

Avenger - To not bind this kit to the shadow druids only (cos they're the most indicated section to fit this class), i would suggest a group of specific quests.

"Help the nymph against the 2 oafs that want to drop her tree, by killing both of them"

"change the quest of Osmadi druid (so we can help him instead of only killing him) and if the nymph quest was done he would teach the avenge doctrine".

Thief:

swashbuckler - The best option would be Meilum, the self proclaimed Best Swordsman in the Sword Coast, by being nice to him with an thief the Swashbuckler kit could be teached to your thief.

Assassin - Make the Narlen quest in the wrong way. When the flaming fist come to you, kill him before leave, screw the rest of Narlen's quest, make the nobleman hitman quest (in the inn of the north of baldur's gate), silke quest of killing her targets in Beregost, the hit mark in Bassilus head, the slaughter on the Archeologies in the area S of Light House, among others hit kill quests (at least 3 of them).

Then complete the main thief quest for Guildmaster Alatos, when he tries to kill you, kill the mage first, then a banter could trigger where he see the obvious qualities of your skills and propose business instead of just risk his neck against you, hiring you for (one of) the assassin position of the guild, turning you in the process into an assassin.

Bounty Hunter - For Bounty Hunter, i sugges Narlen Darkwalk from the thief guild, do his quest in the right fashion, then some more notoriety, by stealing the telescope in Gond's Temple, kidnapping the Nymph for Ragefast (if you're good just fand want, free her after he says what he want to do to her), get Barge back to the Garrison in Naskhel, Get the Samuel, the eserter, back to the flaming fist in the area E of Naskhel mines, the wyrven bounty mark for the Lathander Temple among other bounty quests (make at least 3 of them).

Then by talking to Narlen again, with the notorious reputation (not game rep) you got, he could offer to teach you to be a bounty hunter.

Shadowdancer - Didn't play with this kit yet and it's broken from what i heard, so i have no idea for this kit.

Cleric:

Priest of Lathander- Make Bassilus quest and the Wyrven hunt's quest for the high priest of the lathander temple, After that he would offer you a position in the church.

Priest of Helm - Save Capitain Barge bringing him to the temple of Helm instead the Garrison, after that the priest would give a quest of find whom sold that sword to Barge, and to bring the culprit to justice.

Well, there's no better chance then to link Borda the travelling salesman to a decent quest than this one (this will require to make borda to stay in someother place or to renew his random encounter after saving Barge), kill him (or just make a check talk on him to then point his position to the garrison to arrest him) to finish the quest.

Obs: Lathander quest could benefit from this quest as well, Bassilus is clearly evil, but his agressive behavior could come from his cursed ring, that could be one of the Borda's cursed items sold to him.

Priest of Talos - The quest with the 3 fishermans and the priest of Umbrelle, as quoted by @Nifft could fit well the needs. Based on the Talos Stronghold of BG2, i suggest more subtle actions to bring havoc.

Agree to slay the priest for a suitable reward, that should trigger an representative of Talos to "suggest a more fun way to work the act" (based on evil alignment maybe or maybe) do the deed, take the girl's umbrelle holy symbol (need to be created) from her corpse, go back to the sailors and claim the reward, plant the holy symbol in one of the fisherman houses or convince them that keeping the symbol is needed to control all the power on the Bowl.

When you visit Umbrelle's temple on Baldur's Gate, denounce the fishermans to the priests there for a reward, getting part of the reward before and another later, when the priests confirm the deed (and kill the fishermans), after that the contact you have with the Talos Temple will officially invite you to the flock!

Bard: For all the 3 classes, this should start with Volo in Naskhel, speak with him and make him ask a question with 3 answers, something like "what you do when need arise in the battlefield", "1 - Fight with valor (Skald); 2 - Fight with perfection skill (Blade); 3 - anything funny (Jester)", then he would set you to 3 different quests based on the answer.

Skald - Kill Silke, she use her charisma and reputation to make people do favors for her and then dispose of them, that hurt the reputation of all the Bards in the world and diminish the valor of the class.

Jester - Nothing in fact, just need talent to become one, make the 3 (or more) mocking or anoying answers existent in the game and Volo would change the character class (by improving the mockery maybe)

"We're a horde of rampaging Tarrasques! Krie! Krie!"

"I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but we have a real good one!"

"Sorry, Aldeth, but we're siding with the druids. They have this great Aloe-Vera balm they are giving away samples of, and my armor has been chafing a bit, ya know?"

"For your information, a number of important sociological and psychological theorists have posited that stores exist in an intermediate space, neither private nor public in nature but combining elements of both. Displays in store windows, for instance, can best be viewed as mental constructs projected onto the public consciousness as a means of engendering mass conformity derived solely from the supposedly private domain of consumer choice.........."

"Why are you so fat?"

" I am Dinkamus Littlelog and I come in search of the holy groundhog!"

"I am Foolio Displasius, Destroyer of the Seven Suns! Raagh!"

Blade- out of ideas for this one.

Monk:

Sun Soul Monks- Out of ideas (i didn't make the Rasaad quest yet anyway)

Dark Moon Monk - Out of ideas too.

Sorcerer:

Dragon Disciple - My suggestion? Remove this kit, it sucks, better left for BG the moment to adquire it (when then, maybe they fix the damn kit). In BG2, when fighting FIrkgaark with an Sorcerer (and only an Sorcerer), in the moment you kill him an wild surge could occur that would meld your arcane energy with the vital energy of Firkgaark, then a choice would be given, resist this specific wild surge (refuse the kit), embrace the specific wild surge (become a Dragon Disciple).
    Post edited by kamuizin on
    grimhoradrimartificial_sunlightWise_Grimwald
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited May 2013
    Will this work correctly with Dual and Multiclass characters ? For Example:
    Fighter / Mage Multiclass reads the tome at level 5/5.
    Will it add the Kit bonuses (+ THAC0 etc.) from the levels before ?
    Darkersun said:

Will this work correctly with Dual and Multiclass characters ? For Example:
    Fighter / Mage Multiclass reads the tome at level 5/5.
    Will it add the Kit bonuses (+ THAC0 etc.) from the levels before ?

Yes it seems to work that way. You are, as normal, only allowed one kit. So 5/5 takes berserker then you would gain rages and lose ability to use ranged weapons. Or if you took necromancer later, you would lose the rages but gain the extra spell slot per level, lose the ability to cast opposition school spells and regain the ability to use missle weapons

• Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2013
    So when specializing in a school of magic in this way, it will actively delete any spells in your spellbook that you wouldn't be able to cast as your new profession?

I like this mod, unfortunately, I can't get it to work for BG:EE downloaded through Steam.
    I doubt @Draith012, if you change your spell school by EE keeper, you keep the old spells for example, the script only block the learning of new ones.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Could you add in a tome to allow Minsc to become a Berserker while remaining a Ranger?
    @Wowo - you'd need to make a custom kit first, then someone could make a Tome for that kit.

@smeagolheart - I'm having some trouble installing this on my Mac, attached is the debug log.
    Wowo said:

Could you add in a tome to allow Minsc to become a Berserker while remaining a Ranger?

This is not possible with this mod. Look at NPCKit mod that has an option to change the title of Minsc to Rashemar Ranger.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/npckit/

@Wowo
    Nifft said:

@Wowo - you'd need to make a custom kit first, then someone could make a Tome for that kit.

@smeagolheart - I'm having some trouble installing this on my Mac, attached is the debug log.

@Nifft Thank you for the debug. I'm taking a look at the issue and will post a fix when possible.
    @Nifft

Can you try replacing this file (attached) over the one in the
    ...\kittomes\DLG folder? Let me know if it works now and I will update the original download.

Thanks
    @smeagolheart - Nope, same error as before:

Compiling 12 dialogue files ...

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
    Resource [JAHEIRA_JOINED.DLG] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/kittomes/dlg/s9ktINTs.d]: Failure("resource [JAHEIRA_JOINED.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Kit Tomes for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 6 files for [KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 6 files for [KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("resource [JAHEIRA_JOINED.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-KITTOMES.DEBUG to Smeagolheart
    edited June 2013
    @Nifft Ok please replace this file in the LIB folder then try again.. The problem seems to be this line in this file

s9ktINTs.d

//JAHEIRA
    INTERJECT S9MAGSTI 0 S9Jahint0
    == %JAHEIRA_JOINED% IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("Jaheira")~ THEN
    ~I suggest we at least listen to what she has to say, [CHARNAME].~
    END S9VICGOL 0
    which is just a small flavor interjection by Jaheira into one of the new quests. That block could be removed. The problem is that BGT uses "JAHEIRAJ" to indicated her joined dialogue files while BGEE uses something different. Hopefully this attachment fixes it. In the revision above I changed the old "JAHEIRAJ" into a symbolic "JAHEIRA_JOINED" variable which your install there just choked on because it was not declared.

Let me know how it goes.. Thanks
    @smeagolheart :-(

Resource [_JAHEIJ.DLG] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/kittomes/dlg/s9ktINTs.d]: Failure("resource [_JAHEIJ.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

ERROR Installing [Kit Tomes for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu], rolling back to previous state
    ERROR: Failure("resource [_JAHEIJ.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
    @Nifft

*sigh* ok... How's this?

Ok please replace this file in the LIB folder then try again.
    attachment
    @smeagolheart - We got to a new error!
    (Viconia this time, I guess, not Jahiera?)

Resource [VICONIJ.DLG] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/kittomes/dlg/s9ktINTs.d]: Failure("resource [VICONIJ.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")

ERROR: Failure("resource [VICONIJ.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
    @smeagolheart - one more error:

The file /Applications/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00777/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/Resources/kittomesReadMe.txt does not exist.

Needs another slash (should be "kittomes/ReadMe.txt").
    edited June 2013
    @Nifft

hmmm... I'm not so sure about that readme error, yes it does need another slash but it's only referenced as "README ~kittomes\ReadMe.txt~" when it's called from setup-kittomes.tp2 so maybe the path is too long or something? Did you try to open the readme or did it not even let you get that far?

If it's not going to work, then maybe it's best to just remove that option. You can open the readme if you really want to outside of Weidu...

I attached the files to fix the Viconia error...

edited June 2013
    @smegolheart - I did try to display the ReadMe, yeah. It's not the path length -- that length path works fine for other mods.
    EDIT: change the backslash ("\") to a forward-slash ("/") and the ReadMe works on Mac.

I have a suggestion, though: could you make the base component JUST the tomes, so that someone could just debug-console them in if the merchant failed to install?

That would also allow the mod to be tested in BG2:EE.
    Okay, got farther this time (but still not successful):

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [sirine01.cre] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Nifft said:

@smegolheart - I did try to display the ReadMe, yeah. It's not the path length -- that length path works fine for other mods.
    EDIT: change the backslash ("\") to a forward-slash ("/") and the ReadMe works on Mac.

I have a suggestion, though: could you make the base component JUST the tomes, so that someone could just debug-console them in if the merchant failed to install?

That would also allow the mod to be tested in BG2:EE.

@Nifft alright I'll take a look and post it when I see why sirines are a different name in BGEE and see about moving things around and moving the slash the other way and reply to results here...
    @Nifft

I will revise this to make it compatible with BG2EE whenever it comes out... Until then, I don't know exactly how it will interact.

I fixed the sirine issue and since it was very near the end it should pass and install. I also replaced all the back slashes with forward slashes. Weidu documentation said either was was fine because Weidu interpreted them the correct way, but no problem to change them...

Can you let me know how the portraits appear on the new NPCs? They are BGT sized so they might be extra tiny or maybe if we are lucky they will look ok.
    @smeagolheart - cool, let me know when I can get the sirine fix.

PS: ... maybe showing you the BG:EE sirine creture names would help?
    Nifft said:

@smeagolheart - cool, let me know when I can get the sirine fix.

PS: ... maybe showing you the BG:EE sirine creture names would help?

@Nifft I already attached the updated Tp2 to the post you replied to :)

I changed the creature to Sirine instead of sirine01 which is the equivalent in BGT. There is a sirine creature in BGT but it isn't hostile. Maybe it's due to a mod that it isn't hostile. Anyway it's been changed.

@smeagolheart - That file still has "sirine01.cre", but I was able to edit that one line to be "sirine.cre" and it worked. Thank you!