Skip to content

Ask Us Anything!

12346»

Comments

• FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    After the undoubted success of BG:EE and BG2:EE - and then the phenomenal success of BG3, will an attempt be made to retrospectively fit the new 'super' BG3 engine to BG:EE and BG2:EE?

Thereby ultimately re-creating BG1 to BG3 in full glorious technicolor HD!
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Chet said:

What software development philosophies does the team use? Agile? Scrum? Lean? Waterfall? TDD? Kanban? Pair Programming?

It most resembles Scrum. Most sprints are a week long and we don't really have formalized stand up meetings.
    ChetAnton
  • IronhaloIronhalo Member Posts: 22
    I keep hearing about possible implementation of SCS and Ascension. If they are added in some way, can you talk about whether or not they will be optional, as I probably won't pick up BG2:EE if they aren't.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Also very interested in any SCS implementation news. Will we have new difficulty settings with improved AI or it will be partially integrated in some other way?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Is the Feature Requests section still relevant?? Do you take into consideration requests from there or you are too busy working on BG2:EE??

Thanks
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    mch202 said:

Do you take into consideration requests from there or you are too busy working on BG2:EE??

Yes.
    GrammarsaladTaylorTwerk
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    Well if there is a question with an "or" its kinda silly to answer with a plain "yes" since you can interpret it both ways:D
    FredjoRadhamanthys
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    figured as much, still felt the urge to point it out. sometimes persistence saves the day:P

EDIT: hm..previous post has been removed
    Post edited by mungomunk on
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Understanding is a three-edged sword
    AedanpekirtCrevsDaak
  • FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    - Are you able to introduce more statistic based dialogue options in BG2:EE?
    - Will Wisdom affect saving throws and spell failure as it is supposed to?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Jalily said:

mch202 said:

Do you take into consideration requests from there or you are too busy working on BG2:EE??

Yes.
    Ahh.. thanks(??)

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited June 2013
    mungomunk said:

Well if there is a question with an "or" its kinda silly to answer with a plain "yes" since you can interpret it both ways:D

If "yes" = True, then she answered your question as long as at least one of the statements were true. :) In any case, unless the two sides of the "or" contradict each other--and they don't in this case--it is logically possible that both are true (and looking up, this seems to be the case). So it's not the answer but the question that is flawed. :D

@Grammarsalad I would consider the presentation of two options to be an exclusive or regardless of contradiction. The other interpretation is just cheekiness.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    @Coriander you don't I'd you use the "bor" function. :) 0 bor 1/ 1bor1/1bor0 all equal 1. In logic they call this a disjunction. They might call it that in computer science as well (don't know).

Anyway, sometimes humor is considered cheeky. Can't be helped. I blame the medium

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Disjunction? - isn't there a spell for that?
    Itomon
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Will we see translations for BG2 shortly after the game's release?
    Our translation teams got a bit of a head start on translating BG2 (more so than they had for BG1), but there is a lot more new content in BG2:EE. So the short answer is that the translations will be released as they are completed, but there is no specified timeline for how quickly they will be done.

Will BG2 be released on Steam at the same time as it's released on Beamdog?
    Beamdog has no control over the Steam distribution of the game, so we have no way of knowing what Atari will decide to do with it. Certainly buying directly from Beamdog is better for us, though.

Will Baeloth be summonable in Throne of Bhaal?
    As was noted before, Baeloth will be rather busy during the time that BG2 and ToB take place, and he probably wouldn't appreciate being pulled away to suffer the whims of the Charname.

Portable holes!
    Sadly, no portable holes in BG2.

Will Overhaul Games be seeking to acquire the rights to the games mentioned? (IWD, Planescape Torment, etc.)
    Unfortunately we can't comment on pending business decisions that may or may not be in progress.

If a BG3 is ever made with a new engine, will an attempt be made to backport the engine to BG1 and BG2?
    A BG3 project has yet to be announced, so we can't speculate on what might or might not be done with BG1 and BG2. I will say that porting the games to an entirely new engine would be a monumental task, and certainly not one to be taken lightly. (Consider why Square-Enix never performed an HD remake of Final Fantasy 7.)

If SCS and Ascension are implemented, will they be optional?
    I can't comment on Ascension, but if SCS were to be implemented it would probably be tied to the difficulty settings--so if you find the AI enhancements too challenging, you can set the game's difficulty to an easier setting. But that's one of the things that we're examining with regard to SCS's implementation.

And that's it for this thread. I'm going to close this one, but feel free to start asking questions in the Ask Us Anything (Volume 2) thread!
    AntonItomon
    @Grammarsalad An exclusive or would also be called an exclusive disjunction. ⊕
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    One more that I missed:
    Will Wisdom affect saving throws and spell failure as it is supposed to?
    No; the table in the manual has been updated, but Wisdom does not affect saving throws.
This discussion has been closed.