Skip to content

BG2 Favourite Arcane Spell level

2»

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Everything from 3rd to 6th. However, Skull Trap, Dispel Magic and Haste are classics. And Fireball. And heck, I even use Invisibility 10'-radius every once in a while. That's why I went 3rd.
  • GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
    I love Limited Wish. This is a hard choice to make.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited June 2013
    Nic_Mercy said:

Stoneskin - who doesn't love stoneskin (when you're the one using it that is!)

Nalia always applies it before she goes to bed!
    Nic_Mercy said:

Emotion - early on this is basically your "sleep spell for the big boys" and remains useful throughout the game with supprt from....

Greater Malison - Who doesn't love penalizing their opponents saves? Especially when coupled with other devestating spells in a sequencer!

I agree. :D
    Nic_Mercy said:

Minor Sequencer - And speak of the devil! Your first metamagic spell! The ability to "hang" spells has always been a favorite of mine. It's an elegant art that I am glad was included in the BG series.

Also agree. Really fun when you're a Cleric/Magic-User. :D Double-healz! Chromatic orb + doom!
    Nic_Mercy said:

Improved Invisibility - Not only is this great for scouting dungeons while removing traps, the added benefits during combat are fantastic! Not being targetable by spells is very useful, especially when supported by Nondetection spells or items.

Yes.
    Nic_Mercy said:

Enchanted Weapon - Great for when you need that highly enchanted blunt weapon for golems and don't have enough to go around for your party!

This is where my Insightful for you comes from.
    Nic_Mercy said:

Spirit Armor - Are you a dual classed kensai? Or maybe a fighter/mage/thief who wants a high AC but still retain use of thieving skills? Maybe its early in BG2 and you dont have money for expensive robes yet? This handles your AC woes and gives a save bonus to boot!

Con-furrrmed! I used this throughout Icewind Dale to efficacious effect.
    Nic_Mercy said:

There just so much of use in this level range and much of it stays useful well into ToB I can't say enough good things about it. Lots of bang for your buck.

yeus :D

o great Deneir help me out here I just made an Inverted Quote Pyramid :(
    EDIT: THANKS DENEIR YALL ROCK AND STUFF
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    Melf's minute meteors. My all time favorite.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Fireball is the iconic Mage spell. 'Nuff said.
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    3rd.

You can never have too many third level spell slots. Melf's don't work? Ok, Skull Trap the fool. Hmm... nothing. Well, those who fight and run away *casts Haste*

Also, Dispel Magic, Slow, Flame Arrow, Spell Thrust, Hold Person, Dire Charm, and Invisibility 10' Radius. There's a reason I like parties with 3 caster classes.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I always look forward reaching level 3. That's the time when I suddenly rise in power with powerful crowd-control spells. A very close runner-up would be level 9, just because of how cool Timestop is. Everything turns black and white, and is in stasis including your spell projectiles. That's badass!
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    I'm going purely on aesthetics here but 1st level is my favourite since it contains some of the most iconic spells. Not the most useful but when I think of arcane magic I think of Magic Missile, Chromatic Orb, Armor, etc...