Skip to content

Spoiler tip: A bloody and brave warrior

SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
In my current play through something struck me ... and it felt strange that it hadn't come to me sooner.

Put on Kiel's helmet on your biggest warrior (most HP) and put Durlag's goblet (filled with blood?) in his quick item slot.

The goblet heals ALL hp but strikes the warrior with fear for 12 hours - but since Kiel's helmet protects the one who wears it from panic and fear he is immune to that.

So with thees two objects you have a very, very powerful warrior that is hard to kill.

In my game Khalid just became a bloody and brave warrior.
Post edited by SamuelVarg on

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @SamuelVarg - you just made Khalid a viable non-cowardly warrior? Not a small feat.
    I don't know whether to thank you or ...shrug...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    One of the best combinations of items in the game! Sure, it probably makes the bearer neurotic, but Khalid's already neurotic enough as it is, so...no worries, there!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745

I have never thought of this...

*runs off to try it*
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited June 2013
    Anduin said:

I have never thought of this...

*runs off to cry before first trying it*
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Wait, isn't Goblet a single use item like a potion? Does it refill automatically every day? I've never used that before.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    lunar said:

Wait, isn't Goblet a single use item like a potion? Does it refill automatically every day? I've never used that before.

It has about 10 uses I think.
    Still - very nice to have in a hard fight or two.

Okay, does remove fear grant immunity to the fear effect of the goblet? And if yes does the fear effect hit after remove fear duration runs out? Also what about effects that give immunity to fear, like rage, berserk, kit ability, etc.?
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    The fear is a curse so I don't think any of those work. Immunity is the shit here.

The fear is a curse so I don't think any of those work. Immunity is the shit here.

So, the moment you take off Kiel's helmet for Helm of defense or Helm of Balduran, you are struck with the fear effect, huh? Hmm..

• MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    lunar said:

So, the moment you take off Kiel's helmet for Helm of defense or Helm of Balduran, you are struck with the fear effect, huh? Hmm..

Only if you then use the goblet again. For that matter, if you just keep the appropriate helm in his inventory and switch it out just before using the goblet, you should still be fine. Kind of gammy, but it should work.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Protection from fear spells do work btw. You get cursed as always but you stay in control of your character.