Skip to content

What mod NPCs would you like to see compatible with BG2EE?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @kamuizin In case there was a misunderstanding, this topic isn't about suggesting new content of any kind or incorporating mod NPCs into BG2:EE. It's just for nominating existing NPC mods you would like to see made compatible (as mods) with BG2:EE.
    AedanLiamEsler
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I know, i just give more than the simple suggestion of which NPCs i would like, anyone can or not in fact, before or after they adaptation, improve those NPCs.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Silver Star is my favorite NPC mod for BG2 and I would love to see a BG2:EE version. I haven't played BG2 in a while, but a psychotic, chronically-poisoned, Neutral Evil female elven assassin who murders, kidnaps, steals, etc., was a nice complement to my party of Necromancer PC, Korgan, and Viconia (and sometimes Edwin). Given the complete lack of evil thief NPCs in BG2, I think many players would welcome her, especially since she's in Chateau Irenicus.

I find Silver to be adorable in her childlike and ruthless way, but I could see how some people might be put off by her. Just like I left Minsc and Jaheira to die in their cages, so too can they choose not to recruit her.
    Eudaemoniumkamuizin
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

The few NPCs I would be grateful to have back as mods in BG2:EE would be:
    - Tashia
    - Tyris Flare
    - Sarah
    - Fade (even if there's no ToB content)
    - Amber (same as above)

I hope I'll not be the only one wishing for those ^^
    Post edited by Kerthal on
    SnakesonaskyshipNotepic4mashedtaters
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I really thought we'd see more people asking for Kelsey the way he seems to be popular in the forums.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Oh yes, KELSEY!
  • AstharielAsthariel Member Posts: 6
    Xan and Kivan. There can be no other NPC mods compatible, but if Xan and Kivan will be, i will be a glad man. Oh, and Tashia.
    AvengingExile
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    Xan, Kivan, Keto and Tiax. And Ilyos, to replace all those NPCs that don't have TOB content :).
    AvengingExile
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Kerthal said:

Hello,

The few NPCs I would be grateful to have back as mods in BG2:EE would be:
    - Tashia
    - Tyris Flare
    - Sarah
    - Fade (even if there's no ToB content)
    - Amber (same as above)

I hope I'll not be the only one wishing for those ^^

You're not the only one who wants Sarah....
    ScotGaymerEmmi
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    edited June 2013
    Though he's just a 1 day NPC, Ghareth has an interesting story to him and it's a shame he never got further development. An EE revival might do the trick.

I'm so glad about certain mods that have NOT been mentioned. So glad!
    Scooter
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    Jalily said:

She's one interesting young woman for sure :)

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I vote for Valen and Solaufein. I know they're overpowered but God were they fun! The only other one I really enjoyed was Kivan/Deheriana.
    AvengingExile
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Unsurprisingly I vote for Nathaniel.

Lol.

But I admit he could use a bit of an overhaul/update.

Also Kelsey.
    Syntia13
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I vote for:

- Amber
    - Keto
    - Xan
    SpaceInvader
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Jalily said:

I think I'll like Sarah as well, but didn't add her to my list, as I haven't played her yet, so I don't know what she's really like.

ScotGaymer
    @Mortianna, i try a run on internet (google to be more exactly) and i found no way to download Silver Star mod, is this still active? Not that i'm going to use it now, i use 1 thief per run, and my next evil run has Valen wrote on it!
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @kamuizin Here's the link: http://gamingnerdsrus.co/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6814dbb9877334e2d256673d8684f4d7&action=downloads;sa=view;down=478

They definitely don't make it easy to find, I agree. The download link is purple and in really small font.
    kamuizin
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    Also if you by accident live in country that is some way banned on that site (Poland for example), here is more helpful link:
    SilverStar
    No problem, i got it already from the first site, but good to have an alternative source cos as @Mortianna said, it's a bit hard to find this mod on internet.

By the way @Kaeloree, any update in this work? i know BG2 isn't out yet, but by using the same engine, the bases of change from BG2 engine to EE engine can be already provided, is this right? If so, let us know which NPCs you're going to adapt to BG2:EE first :)!

Solaufein probally is in the top list i believe (altrought i really despite his EMO behavior, some should really rewrite him urgently), Amber and Fade probally are in the top list of many (by myself i didn't like those mods).

Just to rephrase a previous request, it's not Kindred( far from it cos that guy is anything but kind) but "Kindrek", that can be download from this link. He's more or less an pretty nice wizard slayer of an unique race (of wizard slayers) that has an interesting behavior, pretty much like Valen has with good, innocence or weak, but instead focused against magic and magic users.

My next run in BG2 with both will probally be fun, althought that will probally kill half of the NPCs of the game :)!

• Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
    I'd like to see Valen, Kelsey, Chloe, Tsujhatha, Xan.
    I found Xan unbearable in BG, he's too much annoying in the bad way, he do that to me and not other NPCs in the game, i never played Tsujhatha or Chloe, so maybe i give a try on them one day!
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    Valen ( with mist form and vampire claws beeing balanced) and sola
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    What about Alora? Her BG2 mod is awesome sauce.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Delvarian said:

What about Alora? Her BG2 mod is awesome sauce.

There's an Alora mod for BG2?
    Aww yeah

/download
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Valen, hands down. Any other mod would be a bonus, but she is the one IMO that MUST be included. It would be nice to see her mod expanded on with some personal blood-thirsty quests of revenge. :) Might I dare say even a romance mod. Whoever voiced her did an EXCELLENT job.

http://weidu.org/valen.html
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    Dunno if this thread is still current, but there are three NPC mods I want to vote for regardless:

Tashia
    Sarah
    Tyris Flare

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited June 2013
    The Nalia romance where you fight the twisted rune. (I think there's two Nalia romances, I can find the relevant one if that isn't enough info!)
  • SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38
    The powergamer in me loves Solaufein and Valen, and Valen in particular is a treat with her mechanics informing her character and RP options. Other than that, I'd say Xan and Kivan.
    AvengingExile
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    and the BG1NPCs mod, which brings all our old friends back
    Moomintrollvierrae