Skip to content

3D Baldur's Gate 2013

CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
So, I’m having a complete overhaul of all my tools. As well as upgrading from Poser 7 to Poser Pro 2012, I’m upgrading all my character morphs from my ancient Victoria/Michael 3 models, to the new Genesis figure.

Imoen: Now, who is that perfect vision of loveliness? She so purty... and smart and fun too I tell ya. I gotta good instinct for this stuff.

Aerie: Oh... Baervar help me...

Tenya: Is she going to be looking at the screen all day, now?

Aerie: Probably.
[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARDRazor

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282

Imoen: Aerie, did… did you do that?

Aerie: Oh… I… yes…

Imoen: What happened?

Aerie: There… t-there was some misunderstanding. But, w-we talked it over, girl-to-girl, and, e-everything’s fine now…

Imoen: That things a girl?

Aerie: Apparently.

[Deleted User]ShapiroKeatsDarkMageSCARY_WIZARDRazor

Imoen: Y’know, Aerrers, when I see you fight… it’s like you’re a different person. You’re focused, aggressive, determined. Ya’ never back down.

Aerie: Oh… i-it’s true. When I fight… i-it’s like a wave comes over me and I’m swept up in the moment. S-suddenly, nothing else matters.

Imoen: That’s great, kiddo. But what we gotta do, is help you keep a hold of some of that focus and determination the rest of the time. So, just try to recall the feeling you get when you see a bad guy coming at you or the party…

Aerie: Okay, I-I’ll try… got it.

Imoen: Great! Now just try to hold on to that feeling. Remember, you might be scared, but damnit, you ain’t running from nothing!

Aerie: No, I wouldn’t run from nothing. Maybe from a monster though…

Imoen: Don’t be facetious, kid. Work with me here.

Aerie: No… I think its working. I’m starting to feel confident…

Imoen: That’s great kid!

Aerie: I can tell people what I really think… I mean, really… what’s the worst they could do? It’s not like I’ve never been tortured or beaten up before.

Imoen: Well, they could still kill you… but it’s a start.

Aerie: No… they could try. But if they do, they better make sure to get me with their first strike, because they won’t get another…

Imoen: Hmmm… maybe this is a little too much…

Aerie: So, what are you going to do about it? No, don’t tell me… soon as things become too much, you always go crying to your sibling like the little sissy you are.

Imoen: Yeah… you need to tone it down a little…

Aerie: ‘Help, help… I’m Imoen and I’m so weak even without my wounded heart… please help me!’

Imoen: T-that’s… that ain’t nice…

Aerie: Is that a tear? Pfeh… you make me sick!

Imoen: Damnit, Aerie, stop being confident!

Aerie: Oh… o-okay. Sorry.

[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARD

As an adopted gnome, it was only a matter of time before Aerie started experimenting on her own in the manner of Jan Jansen and her uncle... unfortunately, her early attempts meet with about the same level of success.

And she just knows she's gonna be in a lot of trouble for this when the rest of the party gets back. :(

--

So, this is really just test of the new figures ability to morph into any shape while still the keeping the clothing fitted and conformed.
    [Deleted User]ShapiroKeatsDarkMageSCARY_WIZARD

Imoen: Hey look, it's Tenya. Hey Ten!

Tenya: What? I... I told you not to take pictures of me!

Imoen: Aww... but ye're such a cute little sociopath...

Tenya: I don't want (expletive removed) weird sick internet (expletive removed), (expletive removed) looking at me!

Imoen: Aww... you're tired, aintcha? How about a nice cup of warm chocolate before bed, huh?

Tenya: You pat me on the head again, and I will slice that hand right off and feed it to my trained goldfish!

Imoen: You're always grumpy when you're tired... well, grumpier...

Tenya: That's it... I am going to have to kill you. Wait there while I borrow a battleaxe from Korgan...

--

I've done one of Tenya, as the default young teen and child morphs I find have really massive heads... much bigger than the adult heads. So I'm trying to get the scales right for use with her and other child characters (like the young Aerie in Wings).

edited May 2013

Imoen: Hee! Aerrers really is light as a feather.

Tenya: Whatever... you're both idiots. Acting like little children all the time. (sighs) It'll probably end in tears, as usual... so, something to look forward to at least.

Tenya: Wh... w-what are you doing? Stop putting your arms around me! No hugs! Stop it! STOP! I WILL KILL YOU!

--

Poor Tenya experiences the most frightening moment in her life while posing for a family picture.

So Aerie, writing under a pseudonym, got a publishing deal for her stories detailing the adventures of her fictional creations, Ida the Idiot and her long suffering blonde sidekick who really does everything but never gets any credit or gratitude...

Anyway, it was a five book deal. But, like so many before, she thought she could just take the advance payment and run. Well, eventually the publisher's goons caught up to her.

--

That's all for now folks... I'll go and try to update some of the other characters, in no particular order.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SCARY_WIZARDFredjo
    Im and Aer:

Still messing around and getting the hang of the new figures and new software. I've made a few small changes to the textures and morphs. Imoen's nose is a little bigger, and Aerie's face slightly less round and more heart shaped. Her clothes are a little closer to her body too, so she appears slimmer. The opposite is true of Imoen, whose clothing is quite thick. She's actually thinner than she looks.

SCARY_WIZARDMalicron
  • TheseekingseerTheseekingseer Member Posts: 3
    WoW! fantastic BG art work you got that!! Baldur's Gate 3 should be in 3D with a isometric view point that is akin to temple of elemental... Aerie and Imoen looked so... real and pretty... by the way :)
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    It hurts a bit but I can't say it's not well done, your attention to detail is truly amazing :)
    Aron740 said:

It hurts a bit but I can't say it's not well done, your attention to detail is truly amazing :)

Thank you, but... why does it hurt?
    Fredjo
  • viaderviader Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 875
    yours works are amazing!
    Aerie and her transplanted human identity Arla Airhart, young physics student and assistant to Professor Ormund. From my fic, Back to Reality.

They’re identical apart from the eyes and the ears. :)
    SCARY_WIZARDMalicron
    This is another quick picture I just did in response to a question on Tumblr, on Imoen and Aerie's blog, Im & Aer.

What about Imoen? Who would have been your choice for a sister-in-law?

Imoen: Well, Aerie o’course, dunderhead! … (I have to say that because she’s here…)

Aerie: Hmm…

Imoen: Hee! But, putting on my serious hat for a moment, if I had to choose a sister, then Aerrers is perfect. I love Jae, but she’s a bit too much like a mom, and Vic’s not exactly someone you’d wanna have tea with, especially if she brings her own cakes. But Aerie is really, really useful…

Aerie: U-useful?

Imoen: Yup! She helps me prepare potions, and pranks even though she always gives me an evil eye when she does. She looks after me when I’m sick, sorts my socks, makes great tea, and best of all, she lets me do this:

SCARY_WIZARDMalicronSyntia13
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    That is the most adorable smile on Imoen's face. :D
    Coutelier
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited June 2013
    @Coutelier Each person may argue about this or that detail but in general the quality is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen official BG 3D images/wallpapers this good. You have real talent, I hope you work at some RPG game studio in the future (or even BG) :)
    I've always liked imoen but you made her even better. Thks for sharing.
    Coutelier
    edited June 2013
    Razor said:

@Coutelier Each person may argue about this or that detail but in general the quality is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen official BG 3D images/wallpapers this good. You have real talent, I hope you work at some RPG game studio in the future (or even BG) :)
    I've always liked imoen but you made her even better. Thks for sharing.

Are there are any official 3D BG images? Apart from the movies from the original, and to be fair they were made over ten years ago. :)

But, really it's not very difficult. Most of the clothing and hair I use is purchased from other people. I just shape the characters then make or choose the textures for the skin, hair and clothes. Once all that's done, I have to pose them, which can be tricky; even if using preset poses there's usually some adjustment that needs to be done so that figures don't poke through each other. Then the expressions, which are often tricky to get right. Finally, there's lights and camera. 'Cameras' in 3D programs work not too differently from real life cameras, with distance and focal length and stuff like that.

So, basically what I say is that it's a mixture of playing with dolls and photography...
    SCARY_WIZARDSyntia13

That is the most adorable smile on Imoen's face. :D

Thanks! I redid it a few times to try and get it right. :)
    SCARY_WIZARD
    edited June 2013
    I meant to say 'not very difficult'. Hope no one noticed... there's also some Photoshopping usually involved, as no matter how careful I am little errors tend to get into the hair and clothing. I've noticed a few now... but, probably not a big deal, really.
    Post edited by Coutelier on
    Aerie in Wonderland:

Imoen: Cernd warned ya ‘bout those berries… see what happens when yeh don’t listen?

Aerie: I-I wanted to see if they’d make a good substitute for cloud berries in my spells… he didn’t warn me I’d be transported to another realm. Besides, I-I will not be lectured on making rash decisions by you…

I haven’t gotten Xzar’s make up quite right, but it’ll suffice for this Wonderland version (and he’s probably a bit messy putting it on, anyway). I was also considering Bodhi as the Cheshire Cat, because she’s catty, and either Ellesime or Mellisan as the Queen of Hearts… but indecision, combined with the fact I haven’t made any of them yet, at least on the new figures, made me just stick to the tea party scene.

On another note entirely, Alice in the book had dark hair and a fringe. But the original wood engraved illustrations by John Tenniel appeared to show her as blonde, and so that’s the image of her that’s stuck since (especially after the Disney film).

SCARY_WIZARD
    Unrelated to my chronicles, I did another quick render in response to an anonymous question on Tumblr for Im & Aer.

Question: Who would win if you two had a fight?

Answer:

Imoen: Well… what a silly question. I mean… why would we ever have a fight? We’re friends.

Aerie: Yes… w-we might not agree all the time, but I would never want to hurt Imoen.

Imoen: Exactly. It’s a buffleheaded question, ‘cos it’ll just never happen.

Aerie: Agreed.

Imoen: I mean… I suppose if one of us were to fall under the influence of some kind of magic and were made to fight the other… I suppose if that were to happen, then… I would probably win.

Aerie: Well, I… I-I wouldn’t be so confident of that if I were you. I mean, yes, you have a few more high level mage spells… but really it’s me who has far more tricks up her sleeve.

Imoen: Don’t get me wrong kiddo… yer good n’all, but… you just don’t have my strength or stamina.

Aerie: You’re not stronger than me!

Imoen: But stamina, Aerrers… every time you walk up a hill it’s all ‘oh, my legs are just aching… I’ve never walked so much in my life!’

Aerie: Funny… because, I’ve seen you in battle. Every time you take a scratch you start whining and moaning, ‘oh, I-I’m weak enough without my wounds…someone give me a hand... please...'

Imoen: Yeah, well… I’d just like to remind you, kid, that you’ve never beaten me at anything. Ever.

Aerie: You… you’ve gotten the best of me up to now, I’ll admit. But things do change… a-and I’ve never been this angry at you before either!

Imoen: Yer really wanna do this now, huh?

Aerie: Let’s go…

Imoen: Ouch! No hair pulling!

Aerie: Oww!… I-I thought you said no hair pulling!?

Imoen: Well I was lying, wasn’t I? Don’t trust a thief!

Aerie: Ohhh! I-I’m gonna really hurt you now!

Imoen: Already losing the fight, kiddo… don’t start splitting infinitives too…

Imoen: (pants) Ye’re… yer… (wheeze) Ye’re getting tired…

Aerie: Just… j-just stop running…

Moments later…

Imoen: 1… 2… 3… I… I win…

Aerie: All… a-alright. But, s-so we’re clear… the split infinitive comes from Latin. T-there’s no actual reason to… apply it to English…

Imoen: Fine.

Aerie: Also… I… I-I’ll get you next time…

Imoen: Let’s… not do this again for a while…

Aerie: A… agreed.
    SCARY_WIZARDMalicronSyntia13
    You two. Yes, you two. Keep being adorable. :3
    Malicron

Will do!

MalicronSCARY_WIZARDRazorSyntia13
    Coutelier said:

Will do!

Hnngh. :3
  • LisaralinLisaralin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 258
    They're adorable :) Especially Imoen :)
    If I ever want to design a matrix like thingy and fill it with cute girl I know who to talk to! You got some good taste. The WL one is awesome too.
    Lisaralin said:

They're adorable :) Especially Imoen :)

Thank you!
    Razor said:

If I ever want to design a matrix like thingy and fill it with cute girl I know who to talk to! You got some good taste. The WL one is awesome too.

Thank you too... although you might feel differently after this next one...

Aerie's still having trouble with her clones:

--

Personally, I'd never really watched the show, but comparisons are often made between these two characters (the pony is Fluttershy, btw). I've watched a few episodes, and I guess it's easy to see why.

SCARY_WIZARD
    Gaggghghghghgh. :D Oh god I needed that. :3!
    edited July 2013
    Coutelier said:

Thank you too... although you might feel differently after this next one...

I might, I might... OKAY cross that. But I'am content that the pony has a derp look :D

Can you make one in the circus? maybe even with quayle? (oh and without fluttershy!! lol)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Let me guess... Imoen's hair in BG2 makes her Pinkie Pie?