Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    Schnitzel said:

Soon sooon spoon mooon...

There's not enough spooning and mooning in BG. Well done sir. :)
    EntropyXII
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Seriously guys... We are waiting for 4 months. Do something!
    matthileoPluc082Fina92
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Soooo.. how close we are to the patch release? Wasn't it 1-2 weeks at the beginning of June?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Etamin said:

Soooo.. how close we are to the patch release? Wasn't it 1-2 weeks at the beginning of June?

Don't you know it's the QA phase, so it's impossible to determine? It could be anything between 30 seconds and 7 years!

Just poking a bit fun at ya OG guys, please don't get upset! ;)
    Cerevant
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    What is this "QA phase" anyway? I see it mentioned all over the place.. no idea what it's an abbreviation of..
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    QA stands for "Quality Assurance". It basically means beta testing. This patch is enormous, with a lot of potential to break things if it's not tested properly; thus, the somewhat extended QA phase.
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Hello!
    @Dee, can I take it that there is no way of wheedling any more information than that out of you yet then? Are we likely talking days, weeks or months? And has it been confirmed that the Android release will be at the same time?
    The Android release will probably not be at the same time, no. The two are related in that we need the one for the other, but there are other factors involved in releasing to a new platform beyond making it "work".
    pixie359
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Ah, OK. So that makes it sound *to me* like you think the patch will come before the android release - it seems to make more sense that you patch the game then translate it for another platform, rather than translate then patch both. Anywhere near the mark?

Also, and I know you can't give hard answers, but any ideas on vague timescales for either or both?

Sorry if all this is elsewhere, but it's difficult to sift the current status from old predictions and people's guesswork.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Patch doesn't mean 'new content' so what are you beta testing? oO I don't understand so huge delay. I can't play since last update because bugs make me nervous...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited June 2013
    @manero

There actually quite a lot to test...

1) Over 150 bug fixes, any of them having the potential to introduce new bugs

2) A new graphics renderer, really a lot of potential problems when the part of the game that is responsible for displaying what's going on is rewritten. It's also being tested intensively for Intel compatibility.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    So, i guess, by the lack of answers on that subject, that you're still not sure of the timescale, and QA could possibly take all summer for this patch ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SamuelVarg
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    A little more that two months in Sweden ;) Never knew that we were so lucky!
  • NolzeiNolzei Member Posts: 13
    The new gui and multiplayer has me exited. Hope the patching is making good progress and I can't wait for BG2:EE !
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited June 2013
    <3 multiplayer
    Moomintroll
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Aron740 said:

We have? This must be another Sweden then the place I live in.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473

Aron740 said:

We have? This must be another Sweden then the place I live in.
    Indeed. Feels like a few years since we had a real summer and it doesn't look like we will see one this year.
  • lekikinou33lekikinou33 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 129
    mlnevese said:

@manero

2) A new graphics renderer, really a lot of potential problems when the part of the game that is responsible for displaying what's going on is rewritten. It's also being tested intensively for Intel compatibility.

Intel compatibility ohhh yesssss i want this patch but when..... :(

• matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59

mlnevese said:

@manero

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/19/baldur-39-s-gate-enhanced-edition-pulled-from-app-store.aspx
  • lekikinou33lekikinou33 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 129
    matthileo said:

mlnevese said:

@manero

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/19/baldur-39-s-gate-enhanced-edition-pulled-from-app-store.aspx
    Yes, i always saw this here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19376/announcement-baldur-s-gate-enhanced-edition-has-been-temporarily-removed-from-sale.
    I would hope this patch and now it's stopped by publishing partner's request...so sad :(
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    No staff member writing here after that dreadful announcement?
    Hi guys!

Most of the discussion is happening in the announcement thread. There's not much else to say, except that the patch is more or less ready for release. All that's waiting now is for this matter to be resolved.
    MoomintrollFina92
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    Dee said:

Hi guys!

Most of the discussion is happening in the announcement thread. There's not much else to say, except that the patch is more or less ready for release. All that's waiting now is for this matter to be resolved.

Any chance of you guys giving us a link to a beta patch?

It would help those of us with intel graphics, plus it would give you a lot of feedback and free aditional QA.

I'm guessing the answer will be "no", but might as well ask.
    Unfortunately not. Until this is resolved, we're unable to do anything with the game.

It's not something we're happy about--there's a lot to be excited for in this patch, and we're excited for people to see it--but until the contract issues are sorted out there's nothing we can do.
    JuliusBorisov
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    @Dee

Will the contractual issue impact engineer work for new features or patch ?

I means it's only contract problems or need engineering support ?

If not , it means your guys can keep working for game improve ? and just wait contract deal done then can start release the patch and features ?

Thanks of your reply first,
This discussion has been closed.