Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We may do a little work on-the-sly, but as far as official work goes, when we come into the office we need to put our resources to use on something that isn't frozen, even temporarily. Thankfully the patch is in pretty good shape already, so when we are able to release it I think people will be pleased.
    darrenkuoMoomintrollpekirtNecdilzor
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    Dee said:

We may do a little work on-the-sly, but as far as official work goes, when we come into the office we need to put our resources to use on something that isn't frozen, even temporarily. Thankfully the patch is in pretty good shape already, so when we are able to release it I think people will be pleased.

If that's the case then I would hope the on-the-sly work is focusing more on the Android app.....
  • So steam users get the patch?
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Awesome... At least they cut the crap and told us the truth. Betatesting lol...
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    Dee said:

Unfortunately not. Until this is resolved, we're unable to do anything with the game.

It's not something we're happy about--there's a lot to be excited for in this patch, and we're excited for people to see it--but until the contract issues are sorted out there's nothing we can do.

It was wort the try.

Anyway, a more serious question now: Now that the even more ugly side of IP licensing is hitting you, are you still planning to long term try to make a BG3 or do you now see the creation of a brand new IP as a better option?

Don't get me wrong, if you release BG3 I'm buying it, but since a new IP would allow you to crowdfund the initial investment, give you a higher(100) % of the sales, grant you more creative freedom, ... it just seems to me like the better option long term.

Plus, PE and Torment have already shown that you don't need a big IP behind you, just a good idea and talent.
    Cerevant said:

I take exception to this.

I take exception to this entire situation.

Since the beginning of this project it has seemed like the Android version was always on the back burner, and when it was finally one of the few major milestones left a nameless partner pulls the plug on the whole stove.

I get that this may not even be Beamdog/Overhall's fault, but as long as that information remains behind the curtain we really don't have anyone else to blame - fair or not.

I feel cheated out of something I have been looking forward to with anticipation for over 6 months now.

inb4 "what do you want them to do about it?"
    inb4 "entitled kid"
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    Why I'm not surprised? You know that Squaresoft was almost got in bankrupt for a mistake like this with Final Fantasy XIV.

It's a shame that almost a year after the game is released, all you have to say is that "We are unable to discuss details of the complex legal matters surrounding this issue at this time". Transparency is what lacks the most here.

When we demands that you give what was promised the moment we gave cash for you, you simply responds: "It's coming soon". But now, that the "miraculous new patch" was going to release this month, you simply create another ridiculous excuse.

Unacceptable.
    I can assure you that the situation with our publisher is not a manufactured one. We would like nothing more than to continue selling the game and release the patch and polish and release the Android version. As soon as this matter is resolved things will return to normal, but until then we need to do everything we can to facilitate that process.
    JuliusBorisov
    Dee said:

I can assure you that the situation with our publisher is not a manufactured one.

I don't know about anyone else, but I never thought it was. I have no problem believing that the situation is being caused by one of your publishers. But, as long as that information remains behind the curtain you have to understand why Beamdog will, and should, bare the responsibility for the issue.
    Dee said:

We would like nothing more than to continue selling the game and release the patch and polish and release the Android version.

I would like to play Baldur's Gate on my Android tablet. Failing that, I would like to know the full and honest truth as to why I can't do that today. Both technical, and legal.

This comment from @AndrewFoley may illuminate a bit of why we can't go into the details: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/324925/#Comment_324925
    JuliusBorisov
    Dee said:

This comment from @AndrewFoley may illuminate a bit of why we can't go into the details: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/324925/#Comment_324925

I read that, and from the customer perspective it's pretty irrelevant.

I'd love to be understanding. I'd love to say "you can't help it". Maybe I'd be able to if this was just a bump in the road, but as an Android user this is just the latest thing that's keeping this from being my go-to tablet game.

I know it sucks for you guys, but that doesn't change the facts. Without a transparent picture of what's going on there is no way you can expect your loyal customers and those of us who have been waiting just to play this game to be understanding about the situation.

To put it another way, the situation sucks for everyone involved, but we customers aren't sitting with you behind the curtain.
  • VII_outLawVII_outLaw Member Posts: 46

@Dee - Just wanted to say thanks to everyone at Overhaul/Beamdog. I haven't played BG or BG2 in years, but now hamsters and rangers are rejoicing again! I hope the issues get straightened out soon plans move forward for BG2:EE and BGNext.

+1
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Boo agrees!
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Just jesting here, but it's kind of funny they can't reveal anything after recently seeing a topic all about improving transparency.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Thunder said:

Just jesting here, but it's kind of funny they can't reveal anything after recently seeing a topic all about improving transparency.

This so much. Lol.
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    matthileo said:

Dee said:

I read that, and from the customer perspective it's pretty irrelevant.

I'd love to be understanding. I'd love to say "you can't help it". Maybe I'd be able to if this was just a bump in the road, but as an Android user this is just the latest thing that's keeping this from being my go-to tablet game.

I know it sucks for you guys, but that doesn't change the facts. Without a transparent picture of what's going on there is no way you can expect your loyal customers and those of us who have been waiting just to play this game to be understanding about the situation.

To put it another way, the situation sucks for everyone involved, but we customers aren't sitting with you behind the curtain.
    I understand what you are saying. We all want to know what is going on. But they are being professional with this. What do you think will happen if they release that info? Every gaming site will have a story within the day. Rabid fans will be all over whoever is causing this, dragging them through the mud. They would get a black eye and that would only piss them off. They would then retaliate and say that releasing that info is a breach of contract and void the contract. No more BG EE content. No BG 2 EE. An definitely no Android version.

The business world is a strange animal. Sometimes there is no logic or common sense. I have worked for some of the biggest software companies in the world and have seen stuff like this all the time. They are protecting their (and our) interests by keeping quiet.

• zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    So how exactly do I get a refund then at this point? If it's not incompetence or contractual obligations it's poor management and legal issues and quite frankly I've had enough. I still cannot play this game to what was promised upon purchasing it and there seems no likelihood of that changing in a reasonable time frame. I purchased the game from beamdog's website.
    Vitor
    @zenblack
    Send an email to support@beamdog.com and we'll see what we can do.
  • MunchkinXQMunchkinXQ Member Posts: 25
    Such a shame we won't see it soon. The new features are awesome.

And for those extremely whiny ones, read that thread through and stop being jerks.
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153

Aron740 said:

A little more that two months in Sweden ;) Never knew that we were so lucky!

We have? This must be another Sweden then the place I live in.
    Yea, it must.
    I live in the Sweden that borders Norway, Denmark and Finland and has a flag containing a yellow cross with a blue background. Weird that you do not have the same.
    Could you tell me something about your Sweden?
    I visited Malmo a couple years ago. It's a beautiful country--and because I visited in May, there was actually enough daylight to see it!
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    darrenkuo said:

@Dee

Will the contractual issue impact engineer work for new features or patch ?

I means it's only contract problems or need engineering support ?

If not , it means your guys can keep working for game improve ? and just wait contract deal done then can start release the patch and features ?

Thanks of your reply first,

May I ask what county you are from? No need to answer since this is rather irrelevant but I am curious :)
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Aron740 said:

Aron740 said:

A little more that two months in Sweden ;) Never knew that we were so lucky!

We have? This must be another Sweden then the place I live in.
    Yea, it must.
    I live in the Sweden that borders Norway, Denmark and Finland and has a flag containing a yellow cross with a blue background. Weird that you do not have the same.
    Could you tell me something about your Sweden?
    It's called: Gothenburg. And we have about 1,5 month of summer. The rest is pseudo-summer.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Dee said:

I visited Malmo a couple years ago. It's a beautiful country--and because I visited in May, there was actually enough daylight to see it!

Ah Malmö. The most southern city of our country.
    A very flat city with one single high building in it - The Turning Torso that makes the city looks like it gives the finger to the rest of Europe.
    Syntia13
This discussion has been closed.