Skip to content

Well This is Awkward, eh Keldorn? (Maybe Nonessential Spoiler?)

13»

Comments

• MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629

I actually look forward to trying a redemption paladin one day myself that tries to bring Viconia to the 'Good' side, but unfortunately I think you have to romance her for that. =/

Actually, you bring her to the "neutral" side. Frankly, I'd have switched Viconia's and Sarekok's redemptions; It makes much more sense for the omnicidal maniac to turn neutral, and the evil-in-name-only Drow to have a full redemption.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Eh, if sarevok has mental issues beyond megalomania, an extreme personality shift is hardly impossible.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Malicron said:

I actually look forward to trying a redemption paladin one day myself that tries to bring Viconia to the 'Good' side, but unfortunately I think you have to romance her for that. =/

Actually, you bring her to the "neutral" side. Frankly, I'd have switched Viconia's and Sarekok's redemptions; It makes much more sense for the omnicidal maniac to turn neutral, and the evil-in-name-only Drow to have a full redemption.
    I thought you could make both of them CG.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    edited June 2013
    @Dragonspear
    I'm 99% sure Vicky turns neutral, not good, but I could be wrong. It's been ages since I had her in a ToB run.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Malicron according to the forgotten realms Wiki you are right and I'm wrong =)
  • JerrinJerrin Member Posts: 12
    Seeing as Viconia doesn't, as far as I can recall, give up her Sharran ways, she *can't* go good, or she'd be missing a lot 'o goodies from the celestial bag.
    Which in turn would lead almost everyone who got that far to either rage-reload, go "meh" or simply boot her, showing her the usefulness of being a goodie.

As for her alignment in general, well Viccy has a somewhat passive persona in her evil ways. She often throws in comments on how she/CHARNAME are superior to others and shouldn't let themselves be treated in some way, or she asks if you're seriously going to let someone live, letting you know she'd love to go all evil-drow-bitch on whoever was being let live.

In this way her 'evil' becomes somewhat understated.

The good/evil approach in D&D is flawed. Very few will even attempt to argue anything but that (and if they do, throw a few moral dilemmas and the moral calculator at 'em). In any case, selfishness and a willingness to let others die/suffer for no reason are both things I can see Viccy do.

In which case, it isn't that she's *not* evil, merely that she's being apathetic about her evil.

Which, in a very elfin (looking at the parant race to drow here) way, makes a lot of darn sense.

On the other hand, she also does things that are blatantly good, such as saving a random beggar, with almost no justification (which she would need, being evil).