Skip to content

Archer - Charm Animal

DurothilDurothil Member Posts: 29
edited May 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
"- May not use Charm Animal ability." - That's not true (v1.0.2014).

By the way: All informations regarding (dis)advantages of class kits are not articulated in complete sentences (which is fine), therefore full stops are redundant.

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I cannot reproduce this. My archer may not use Charm Animal ability.

@Tresset
    Can you double check this, please?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I can't get this to happen either.
    @Tresset
    Thank you very much for the check!

@Durothil
    We are not able to reproduce this bug. Can you give us more details? An attached save game would be useful indeed.
  • DurothilDurothil Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the response. I now triple-checked. ;-) It seems it's because my Archer (Ranger) is imported from the original game.
    Post edited by Durothil on
    Durothil said:

Thanks for the response. I now triple-checked. ;-) It seems it's because my Archer (Ranger) is imported from the original game.

Yeah. Doing that is possible but I don't think it is officially supported. Probably the cause of the problem.
    I am confused. Have you imported a ranger from BG vanilla? If so, I do not understand why you call him "archer", since this kit was not available in the original game.
    @Aedan Well, since BG:EE uses the BG2 engine, it allows you to add a kit to a character imported from vanilla BG1, along with changing the skill sets, just like vanilla BG2 did when importing from VBG1. Of course, like I said before, doing so is not officially supported.
    @Tresset
    Thanks. Now I understand. I summon @Cerevant just to know if there is something they can do; otherwise, I will move it to Not An Issue.