• SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Dee said:

Or, at the very least, Denmark. :)

Or as we say it: "Danskjävlar"

• IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I hope the team keeps trying. :]
    Schopenhauer
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I take it there is nothing new you can report about this dispute?
    BestopherSchopenhauerAdul
    elminster said:

I think that we will notice, with a boom, when the problem is solved.
    alnairNecdilzorAendaeronBluescale
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    edited July 2013

I hate to say it, but *if*, not when. :(
    mch202RythgarMalicron
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Aron740 said:

Could you tell me something about your Sweden?

It's called: Gothenburg. And we have about 1,5 month of summer. The rest is pseudo-summer.
    Göteborg! I love the way you Swedes speak the name of your city. You wouldn't want to hear what it sounds like if us Dutchmen pronounce the name. Our 'g' has the sound of someone choking, I guess, compared with the softness of your g's (both of them).

I was there in my youth once and tried to buy my mother and sister a round at a café (it was your short summer, we were sitting on a table outside the cafe (on the terrace?). It proved impossible to offer them drinks with my last swedish Krones, which if exchanged back into Dutch guilders (pre-euro times) would have bought all of us 2 drinks in Amsterdam or Haarlem.

• BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    @Jalily wait were you responding to elminster or pekrit
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    The lack of updates is extremely disappointing.
  • CalawenCalawen Member Posts: 707
    Well there is no point in coming every day to just write "we are discussing". Since when big issues are resolved in a couple of days (without bloodshed)? If there is no update then it's still ongoing...
    AedanElectricMonkSyntia13
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Baxyratty said:

@Jalily wait were you responding to elminster or pekrit

I hope it was a response to me. I'd hate to see this project just sidelined.

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited July 2013
    I was responding to you ( @pekirt ).
    pekirt
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    So, to summarize, the question is when, not if, the problem is solved and we will notice with a boom.

That's good news! (with the downside of even more patience needed for a fully patched and modded BGEE. At least @Kaeloree is not the only one being pestered with the question of Now? Now? What about now?).
    mlnevesealnair

Aron740 said:

It's called: Gothenburg. And we have about 1,5 month of summer. The rest is pseudo-summer.
    Göteborg! I love the way you Swedes speak the name of your city. You wouldn't want to hear what it sounds like if us Dutchmen pronounce the name. Our 'g' has the sound of someone choking, I guess, compared with the softness of your g's (both of them).

I was there in my youth once and tried to buy my mother and sister a round at a café (it was your short summer, we were sitting on a table outside the cafe (on the terrace?). It proved impossible to offer them drinks with my last swedish Krones, which if exchanged back into Dutch guilders (pre-euro times) would have bought all of us 2 drinks in Amsterdam or Haarlem.

In english the name is even cooler. Gothenburg - means: Castle (burg) of the Goths.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291

Aron740 said:

In english the name is even cooler. Gothenburg - means: Castle (burg) of the Goths.
    However, designer by the french, looks more like a Disneyland.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Patience people, soon it will all end....
    SamuelVarg
  • Patience people, soon it will all end....

good end?
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    ermo said:

elminster said:

“A patch is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it is meant to.”
    "Everything happens for a reason" is my LEAST favorite fantasy trope.
    Syntia13
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    I like to hope that the worst-case scenario is that Atari kills the project, but some anonymous junior coder at Beamdog slips with his mouse and accidentally uploads the entire patch, and the .apk, to some public corner of the internet...
    Malicron
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    diggerb said:

some anonymous junior coder at Beamdog slips with his mouse and accidentally uploads the entire patch, and the .apk, to some public corner of the internet...

We deserve that...

• KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    ermo said:

Speaking of "we deserve", noone "deserves" getting the short end of the stick like Overhaul recently did, really.

By all accounts, the Overhaul team have put countless hours into restoring a 15-year old code-base to modern, portable standards; they've even gone through the trouble to rewrite their renderer to work around intel's craptastic IGP support policy and they have also somehow managed to persuade a good chunk of the remaining (cream of the) BG modding scene to help get the little scripting details Just Right™.

With a story driven game like BG, that sort of dedication and attention to detail is alpha and omega, because it is what draws you into the game world just that little step further.

Amen.
    WigglesMunchkinXQ
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    ermo said:

Speaking of "we deserve", noone "deserves" getting the short end of the stick like Overhaul recently did, really.

By all accounts, the Overhaul team have put countless hours into restoring a 15-year old code-base to modern, portable standards; they've even gone through the trouble to rewrite their renderer to work around intel's craptastic IGP support policy and they have also somehow managed to persuade a good chunk of the remaining (cream of the) BG modding scene to help get the little scripting details Just Right™.

With a story driven game like BG, that sort of dedication and attention to detail is alpha and omega, because it is what draws you into the game world just that little step further.

So, yeah, you have to wonder what kind of monumental jerk would just take a dump on that kind of commitment -- whoever decided on this outcome certainly aren't earning any brownie points around these parts...

*mumble* *grumble* Greedy bastards + Underhanded lawyering tactics = One nasty cocktail *mumble* *grumble*

I have nothing to add. I just thought I'd quote it because it deserved being said a second time.
    MalicronWigglesMunchkinXQPaulg
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    ermo said:

[...]they've even gone through the trouble to rewrite their renderer to work around intel's craptastic IGP support policy[...]

Well, I don't think this was done just for the sake of people with Intel grapics cards. I'm pretty sure it was also meant to fix the slowdowns that some iPad users have been having.
    ermoNecdilzor
This discussion has been closed.