Skip to content

Allow selling of more than one Ankheg shell at once to Taerom Fuiruim

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
So I went to the area with Brun's father's farm, and in the course of retrieving the body, ended up with 12 Ankheg shells (thank goodness for potions of Giant Strength!) But when I went to the Thunderhammer Smithy, I bargained with Taerom Fuiruim for Ankheg Plate Mail and then wanted to sell off the other shells. However, he would only take one at a time, for 500gp each. And selling them took kinda forever (at least, it felt that way!) Once you have bargained for the mail, you should be able to sell the rest in one lot for 500gp each rather than selling one each time. Same with Winter Wolf Pelts in Nashkel. Game should look to see how many you have, and multiply the price by the number in possession of the party, then remove all shells/pelts at once. Or, allow players to choose how many to sell at once. Either would be fine.

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    LadyRhian said:

So I went to the area with Brun's father's farm...

Do they still buy them at Sorcerous Sundries?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @EdwinI haven't gotten to Baldur's Gate yet. I still haven't done Cloakwood. I will test that, though.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Sorcerous Sundries doesn't buy them in BG (though I'm pretty sure that got changed for EE). There's a dwarf in the city who will and I think he gives the 500gp price as well. He's in the hard-to-get-to section of western BG. Maybe NW.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I think Fenten (the dwarf) in BG gives you 250gp for all of your shells, not individually. I don't remember if he'll buy more from you after you sell to him once.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    CamDawg said:

Sorcerous Sundries doesn't buy them in BG (though I'm pretty sure that got changed for EE).

It wasn't changed. There's no reason why he should take them.
    CamDawg said:

There's a dwarf in the city who will and I think he gives the 500gp price as well. He's in the hard-to-get-to section of western BG. Maybe NW.

He gives you 250 gp for all the shells in your inventory, so even if you're fine with the price, you'll still have to tediously sell one by one to avoid getting ripped off.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    The high hedge buys misc items like the shells the pelts and wyvern heads. He buys the shells and pelts at half the price that Taerom and Nashkel store do and after that the buy price deteriorates. The more he has the less he pays for them. Same with the heads.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2013
    @Jalily Question: Could you sell him (the dwarf in Baldur's Gate) a shell and then pickpocket it off him?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Im pretty sure the dwarf in baldurs gate only buys one
    but if you so happen to kill him by accident he has a pretty nifty axe on him
    Mortianna
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Ankheg farming...a little broken, but we all have done it.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    farming is the most appropriate word here, since it happens on a farm, co-incidence, I think so :)
    MortiannaFredjo