Skip to content

[Bug] Script action "AmbientActivate()"

JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
The action "AmbientActivate" (for area-animations) is buggy. If you activate an area-animation via this action, it most often doesn't start with the first frame and the whole sequence is played some kind of stuttery.

(Copied this from my thread in the request-forum: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1574/my-wishlist#latest )

Jarl
Post edited by Balquo on
AndreaColomboBhryaen

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Can you give a test case?
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
    Ah, further testing shows that this bug only occures when i choose "Partial Animation" via DLTCEP to play the area's animation only once. One of the frames plops in and that's all, the rest of the animation isn't played.
  • Ascension64Ascension64 Member Posts: 560
    I had this one down for TobEx, and was reported as a 'needs confirmation'. Good to have some further detail.
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 99
    I think it was me who reported that already in your TobEx-Thread ^^

I detected that bug during my work on a Trials of a Luremaster conversion for Bg2. There is this illusionary stairway, that is always played once, when party-members enter a specific trigger-region.
    (IWD can use PlaySequence(O:Target*,I:Sequence*Sequence) for area-animations too)
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Jarl - So is this still a bug that takes fixing? I'm not entirely sure how to word it properly. Could you provide steps to a repro case, and a detailed description of expected behavior?