Skip to content

Add THAC0 and Min/Max Damage Window for Off-hand T

bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
edited February 2013 in Feature Requests
After reading this thread, I thought it would be a good idea to add the two windows for off-hand. Currently the offhand data reads awkwardly in the scroll box.

You could make the primary window slightly smaller, then add a much smaller window in the corner of the larger one, for the off-hand damage/THAC0. This would help differentiate the primary/secondary hands. I would expect changes like this should not be considered a priority, but I would like it to at least be considered.

Here is an example of what I mean.

Photobucket
Post edited by bigdogchris on
KushuParysRhikEdvintoanwrathIllustairmoopyTJ_HookerZoimosNifft[Deleted User]DarKelPelminsteralnair00zim00

Comments

• KushuKushu Member Posts: 70
    I like it!!
    toanwrath
  • bloodcarverbloodcarver Member Posts: 24
    Seems nice but could you plz make a mock-up with character really holding weapons? using real numbers? I'm not sure if I understand 100% correctly ;)
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    This is great idea ! ( but will by even better if you post image with character really holding two weapons )
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @bloodcarver
    Instead of a bow, just imagine the character holding a sword sword x on the right hand (1-6 damage and 23 thac0), on the off-hand is a short sword y (it just so happens it has the same damage and thac0 as the short sword x; on the smaller window the corresponding stats are listed, but it could have had been 2-7 damage and 20 thac0 or whatever).

@bigdogchris
    Awesome idea. But the fonts should be the same size (or almost), since many people complain about the small fonts.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Updated image to better show what I'm talking about.
  • jethrojethro Member Posts: 81
    +1
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

Here is an example of what I mean (disregard the fact that this character doesn't have an offhand weapon).

Photobucket

I see a big empty rectangle to the left of the "Ground" item slots.

If they flip the "Ground" rectangle sideways, the empty space could be used for off-hand weapon stats.
    00zim00
  • jethrojethro Member Posts: 81
    I absolutely LOVE this idea.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    *stamps elminster approval*