Skip to content

The Tale of Baldur's Gate - Told by the BG EE Community

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited March 2013
    OOC: So now we have Mr and Mrs Jaheira, Neera, Garrick, Imoen and Abdel. How should we do it with new NPCs? I vote we dont roleplay it like "I have no room, I only have six slots in the party see". But more like inner turmoil, or disinterest or something makes single og more party members break up/decline to join when we get too large? Better story-wise?
    Fina92[Deleted User]elminsterlolien
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @Aristillius I agree, seems only fair to allow every NPC to travel with the party -at least for some time- to tell "their story", and we can invent some events that explain why some members leave for a while etc.
    Aristilliuslolien
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    OOC: Wow! Someone cast raise dead on this thread while I was gone! I hope to come back to it soon but I have to read all the latest entries first to catch myself up. I'm not sure when that will be though...
    AristilliusFina92elminsterlolien
    Imoen approaches the dead halfing and carefully poke him with her foot. "Poor sod.." She mumbles as she realize that he's beyond help. She bends down to search his pockets and find a small letter adress to a Mirianne in Beregeost. It's apperently from her husband, assuring her that he is fine. "When we return to Beregeost we should look for her, right?" She states after briefing the party of her findings. They agree.
    lolien
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    edited March 2013
    Abdel and friends continue southward toward the Nashkel carnival, but are stopped in the middle of the road by a large, imposing man in a Flaming Fist uniform. "Halt! State your business on this road!"
    "We're a horde of rampaging tarrasques!" Neera shouts, "Krie! Krie!"
    Aristilliuslolien
    OOC: cant remember the dialogue, Ill just make someting up:

"What?" the guard exclaims, relaxing as he sees that the advunterers have a decidedly un-tarrasque-like look. "Well, very funny, state your business right now!" Abdel stifles a laugh and proclaims to be adventurers on their way to help with the troubles in the area. "Well, we need all the help we can get, but Im unsure if you are what we need..." the guard answers. "Talk to the mayor in the middle of town in any case, and be sure to know that I got my eye on you". The guard attempts to scrutinize Neera imposingly, but she hums a up-beat melody while walking unconcerned toward the town, never looking towards the guard.
    Fina92lolien
  • yzaneyzane Member Posts: 20
    "Was that really called for, young mage?" Khalid stutters, barely making out the words.
    "No." A seemingly oblivious and terribly candid Neera replies. She continues her melodious whistling.
    "We're almost there." Khalid interjects as the party carries on down the road.
    Aristilliuslolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    As he walks down the road Abdel and his party eye the towns inn, its major trading shop, and eventually the town church. Jaheira suggests that they should speak to the mayor first before getting supplies and a room for the night. Abdel nods and his attention turns towards the large temple of Helm in the centre of town.
    lolien
    As the party progresses along the path they see the beleaguered look on the faces of the towns people they pass. Eventually the party comes across the towns mayor, Berrun Ghastkill, a slimly built man standing in front of the towns temple.
    lolien
    Jaheira, as dominant as ever, takes the lead and adresses the mayor.
    "Jaheira!" he exclaims as he sees her, "You came! And Khalid too, I see. Well met and welcome to Nashkel. We could sure use your help here..."
    elminsterlolien
    Abdel pays close attention as the mayor outlines the strange troubles in the mines. Contaminated ore, and some sort of creatures are making the workers skittish and afraid to work. It all seems sort of pointless compared to the death of Gorion, and whatever fell forces are after him. But it is better to do something than run and hide. After the mayor finishes his exposition the party starts towards the Nashkel Inn, wanting to get a night's sleep and explore Nashkel before heading towards the mines.
    elminsterlolien
    While passing by the church's graveyard Abdel can't help but look at the tombstones. "Grim", he thinks to himself. As the party nears the inn Abdel sees a strange man practising kick and punch motions with a group of people surrounding him. Intrigued, their party moves closer to him to see what is going on.

OOC: Due to computer issues at the moment and being stuck with an Intel graphics "accelerator" for the time being I don't have BGEE installed. So I have no remote idea what Rasaad says.

lolien
    As you approach the man in yellow you can hear him explaining to the group of citizens around him that "such feats are easy when you learn to focus your energies through the light of Selune." You approach the stranger and inquire as to what exactly he is doing.
    lolien
    Seeing the man's obvious martial talents, as you are approaching the man you blurt out "I bet you can't do that while juggling an axe, a soup bowl, and a hedgehog!" In a calm voice the man responds "Perhaps not yet, but I continue to improve my physical and mental skills by turning my inner light outward."
    lolien
    Through conversation Abdel learns that this is a sun monk of Selune named Rasaad. Having however spent his life surrounded by monks and their seemingly endless teachings, Abdel decides to politely wish the man farewell and the party proceeds into the Nashkel Inn.
    lolien
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "This may be a touch unlady-like, but I'm going to slit your throat I am!" proclaims a well armored woman as she begins to cast a spell directed at Abdel.
    lolien
    Tired of assassins lerking behind every corner Abdel draws his dagger and prepares to attack the woman. Jaheira begins speaking a blessing, in the hope that it can help ward off whatever this woman is casting. Neera on the other hand quickly casts a spell, though it certainly appears to not be what she likely intended...
    lolien
    edited July 2013
    Suddenly a flash of light appears and ever corner of the inn is covered in squirrels. The unknown woman though surprised, remains focussed and continues casting. Abdel quickly begins making his way through the floor covered with squirrels and lunges at her with the dagger!

Before he hit her however a ball of yellow light leaves her hand. Abdel watches in horror as he finds himself falling forward and is unable to respond. The woman looks like she dodges his fall, though as to what happens immediately after this he is unsure. With a clunk he hits the floor and passes out.

He slowly begins to regain consciousness and can hear the muffled yells of what sounds like the innkeeper complaining about something. As time passes it becomes clearer that this is the the sound of the innkeeper screaming at Neera about squirrels and more importantly the dead body currently residing on his floor. Abdel begins to take himself off the ground, though a ringing sound is still present in his left ear.
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Abdel shakes the cobwebs out of his head. He brushes some squirrels out of the way and searches the dead body to find a bounty notice and an enchanted helmet.

"Hey Neera, identify this for me, chop chop!" Abdel says after tossing the helmet to Neera.
    elminsterlolien
  • yzaneyzane Member Posts: 20
    With a flick of the wrist, Neera identifies the magical item. "Hmm..." the mage scrutinizes the object. "It seems to make its wearer stronger to some degree - not too special.. and I don't have a cleaver. Ask Khalid to chop it." An oblivious Neera hands the helm back to Abdel.

"Clean this place up and get rid of the squirrels", the innkeeper barks at his servants who seem surprisingly well-fed and healthy. "Tch. Adventurers." The stout man, around his late thirties, motions to the uncanny group, "you can stay the night so long as you pay up and make sure this mess never happens again!"
    lolien
    The group passes along a few coins to the innkeeper and settles in for the night. At dawn they head out of the inn and proceed to buy items at the Nashkel store.
    lolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterlolien
    OOC: Finally decided to catch up on this. Will be posting again soon
    elminsterlolien
    As the group leaves the store a blond man dressed in orange approaches them saying: "Heya! My name's Noober." Before anyone has the chance to answer the man continues: "Wow you guys must be real adventurers! Cool!" Abdel responds "Yes we are but we are kind of..." Noober interrupts saying: "Heya! Killed any monsters yet?" Abdel responds: "Err, a few we mostly have been fighting assass..." "Ugh! I think I stepped in something!" Says Noober, pointing at a smudge on the ground. "Heya! I bet it is monster poo! Do you guys know what Kind of monster poo that is? I bet you are experts on monster poo! Heya! What kind of poo did I step in? Heya! Are you going to go hunt down and kill the monster that left that poo?" Imoen says: "Eww. Stop talking about..." Noober looks at her and begins talking again: "Heya! I'm Noober. Who are you? I think you are cute! Will you marry me? Will you give me a kiss?" Imoen murmurs involuntarily and starts to run away. Noober starts to follow her when Jaheira grabs his collar. Noober turns toward Jaheira and says: "Heya! My name's Noober. You look angry. Are you angry?" Khalid runs up to Jaheira to try to keep her calm saying: C-c-c-alm yourself, Dear. We don't want to make a scene by..." Noober looks at Khalid and says: "Heya! I'm Noober! Are you two married? You are a cute couple. Heya! Can I see you kiss? I bet you are cute when you kiss." Garrick, feeling embarrassed starts to whistle a tune. Noober looks at him and says: Heya! My name's Noober. Where did you learn to whistle like that? Are you a bard? Can you teach me to be a bard too? I bet you are really good with the girls! Can you teach me to be a bard so I can be good with the girls too? Neera begins to burst out: "UGH!!! WILL YOU SHUT..." Before she can finish Noober interrupts her: "HEYA!!!!! I'M NOOBER!!! Who are you? Those colors look pretty Stoopid on you! What is that big weapon for? Are you a mage? Elves are the strongest mages! Heya! You are an elf! Can you cast a cool..." Neera shouts: "HALF-ELF!!!! THATS IT!!!!" She starts casting Reckless Dowemer. "HEYA!!!!!!!!!!!" Says Noober as the spell completes. Suddenly, all sorts of lights and colors flash around Neera and Noober accompanied by strange sounds. Before anyone knows what is happening, Noober transforms into a rabbit, gets turned to stone, and then launches off into the sky vanishing beyond the horizon.

OOC: Ahh. It feels good to be back!
    elminsterAristilliusCrevsDaaklolien
    edited August 2013
    "Remind me not to get on your bad side Neera," Abdel remarks. As they start turning southward a group of Amnish guards, accompanied by Berrun Ghastkill, approaches them.

"Halt, adventurers." the lead guard exclaims. "Berrun Ghastkill would like a word with you"

"I can speak for myself lieutenant. You there, adventurers. When you entered this town it was expected that you behave civilly. As much as Noober was a pain at the best of times what you just did was totally inappropriate. Frankly, however, I'm out of options as the other mercenaries I sent for appear not to have arrived. I have been put in a difficult position here, though I feel like we can still work past this. If you want your reputation to remain untarnished I demand that you immediately deal with the crisis unfolding in the Nashkel Mines. If I have not seen this resolved within three days time your pay will be cut in half." Ghastkill turns around and begins walking away back to his place in front of the church. The party grudgingly leaves Nashkel, passing Ghastkill along the way, and continues walking south towards the mines.
    lolien
    OOC: I would like to point out that Noober is not actually dead. He could theoretically return later in the story ;)
    lolien
    edited August 2013
    Tresset said:

OOC: I would like to point out that Noober is not actually dead. He could theoretically return later in the story ;)

OOC: I suppose if the stone somehow survive the fall back to Abeir-Toril (or the ground or however high he went) without being harmed its possible. But it doesn't seem like it would take much to shatter stone. It certainly doesn't in-game
    lolien
    As the group passes through a mountain pass not far from the mines two people approach them; an elf woman and a human man. The man greets Abdel saying "Hail and well met, human." Abdel, thinking he saw something moving in the shadows, begins to feel uneasy and responds: "Keep your distance, friend. Who are you two? Did you want something?" The woman chuckles saying "I am Doratea and this is Senjack" while the man smirks and says: "Now there is no reason for this to turn violent. Hand over your belongings and we will be on our way." Jaheira steps up "I don't think the two of you would fare well against our group if things were to turn violent. I suggest you leave before we get angry."

OOC: Too bad we didn't have time to get Branwen. A cleric would be nice for the group.
    lolien
    edited September 2013
    Abdel readies his daggers in anticipation of the fight to follow. However, out of the darkness a figure emerges. Senjack and Dorotea's men are brutally cut down and a deep voice, orcish in sound, resonates throughout the canyon. "SENJACK! DOROTEA! I swore I would tear the life out of you someday. Today is that day!"

OOC: Her name is spelled Dorotea not Doratea for the record :)

[Deleted User]lolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien