2. Yes. (For roleplaying reasons)
      23.71%
    3. No. (Because it's a worthless ring)
        5.15%
    4. No. (For roleplaying reasons)
      53.61%

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    In roleplaying terms I am suspicious already after encountering a doppelganger outside the keep and hearing all the rumours, so it comes naturally to question Koveras a bit more before taking the ring. And when the dialogue starts getting tense/hostile, I fall back to the old adage of never taking what your enemy offers you. That, and he should have been smart enough to come up with a better anagram.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    just make sure you are not wearing it when you export your character to SoA or else you have a chance to miss out on the helm of balduran for that garbage ring :)
    < i know from experience points, bad times those
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You know, it really depends on my character's class and wisdom. My last character, a human bard, accepted it because he thought that Koveras had an insight on Gorion's predictament.
    thats funny, because i was playing a bard and wore the ring to have the above happen to me, right arm (:
  • prem0nitionprem0nition Member Posts: 65
    Pretty much what @Shin says. Most of my characters at this point are highly suspicious of Koveras, thanks to the doppleganger attacks and the warnings of those individuals who were "close" to my CHARNAME as they grew up.

Saying that however, I have accepted it on a couple of characters who were either incredibly naive, or just blustered through Candlekeep without paying attention to what's happening around them.
    i like picking it up for gold pieces, why would i need gold pieces you say at this stage in the game? usually just for spite/personal records, one time i finished bg1 with over 500 000 gold pieces, and if you have 1 rep, and 2 charisma, the robes of the arch magi cost 305 000 gold
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013
    Heck ya my kensai halfling with 2 wisdom accepts that ring. What could possibly go wrong with getting free stuff?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Before I knew who Koveras was I always accepted the ring but didn't wear it because I assumed hew was up to no good. So I still do the same thing now even though I know his secret identity (sad to admit I did not work out the anagram myself - I never noticed until I read a walkthrough)
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    I use to *avoid talking to him at all.
    Avoiding him & postponing a fight with Iron Throne stooges allows to reach and explore the highest levels of the building.

*lead him away with your main char and go invisible then.
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Free stuff is free stuff, after all.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    My latest Charname, Julia, kicked Koveras in the balls (that must have hurt, she had base STR 18/00) and shoved that ring up his throat. Could be she was particularly Chaotic Evil at the time. Or, she might have simply perceived that the man's eyes glow eerily and he is a true master of blatant anagram invention.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I accepted the ring, and sold it to Winthrop.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I didn't know who he was, either lol My best friend told me and now I refuse to take it.