Skip to content

Lvl 7 / 7 final Saving Throws. Gnome F/M

ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
+8 (-2)
-5 (-9)
-1 (-12) ( Updated) Adoys belt
+3 (-9)
-2 (-7)

With temp buffs and potions these are all lowered by another 7.

Since I'm stuck with lvl cap and I can't think of any item that would change it before the last fight.
Just finishing Durlags...have final Ulgoths Beard demon battle, Candlekeep and Saravoek to go.

Maybe not spell proof but pretty close. I soloed the guys stuck in that ice cave..save vs spell...save vs spell.
Had Imoen ( invisible ) lagging behind with an Arrow of Dispelling to poke me in the butt if I lost a roll. I just ran in and beat the crap out them ,3 on 1 etc, watching those save vs spells roll by.

And I did not handicap him as a fighter
AC -7
Thaco 7
DPS is the same if not better then Khalied and Minsc.

And now with Stoneskin available ? Add that and Blur and Mirror Image ? Boots of Cheetah.( Plus I already have Blur from Cloak of Displacement and the Claw.)
Those mages don't know what hit them.

Pebbles the Mage Killer is going to rule in BG2 ! ( Since STs go nowhere but down )

Interestingly enough ,even wearing the Claw, I never got poisoned again. Either Wyrmm, spider, arrow or what have you.

This vertically challenged spitfire has been a hoot to play.

If I find any more ST stuff I'll update.

I could have just cheated my character to see what the end results would be...but what fun is that ?

Back to looting Durlags ( need a mule to carry all the stuff in this place ) Who knows maybe before the end I will find something to add to my ST collection.

Peace.

Post edited by ogreb on

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Save vs spells is very good at -2, you will always save against most anything, except Chaos spell which has -4 penalty to save so you can fail it but it is a long shot. (You need to roll 1, 1-4=-3 you fail)

In bg2 mages do love to cast greater malison and some spells do not allow a save (powerwords, maze, imprisonment) so take care. Also save vs death counts too, when a lich releases a wail of the banshee (Irenicus loves it too) or simply contact with a ghast, mummy, shadow fiend etc. Luckily while mages suck at death saves forever, fighters do get better at high lvls.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Well comparing yourself as a fighter against Khalid and Minsc is... well. Cool character though, post the equpis.

If you want to remove the XP cap BG2 fixpack lets you do it.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Shorties are amazing. Illusionist multis are mega. Gnomes are mega amazing.
  • ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
    Here you go.
    edited August 2013
    Sorry can't figure out how to resize it.
    Add Blur, Potion of Invul, and a spell Jaheria has....Spell ST goes to -9
    Ok now they are lower.
    Petrification just went to -1 ( Adoys Belt )