Skip to content

Icewind Dale 1 Modding Issue?

VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
edited August 2013 in General Modding
Greetings fellow BG/IWD fans. I recently took the advice of our good Wikkid_Suhn on another thread about installing some mods to IWD. IWD is a game I never fully completed (but got pretty far into in the past), but there were always some things I would have liked to have seen differently, thus my going the route of installing some mods. However, I have a strange issue in my game.

Here is the list of mods in the order of which they were installed:
1. Tweak Pack
2. Auril's Bane (skipped Grog's fixpack)
3. IWD Fixpack
4. Improved BAMs
5. High Quality Music (I actually didn't install this one, because it was horribly garbled/sped up on my machine)
6. Unfinished Business
7. Icewind Dale NPCs

Here is the issue I am having, or at least the only known issue so far:

In the orc cave just outside of Easthaven, I stumbled on this item off one of the shamans.
http://i.imgur.com/40bZ6iX.png

http://i.imgur.com/NF71bnF.png
"A massive club, this weapon used to belong to Tribe." Eh?

http://i.imgur.com/g2cH8aI.png
"before his kinsmen realized that he was dead." NOT IDENTIFIED Smart Cleric/Ranger. What?

I am certain I screwed something up with one of the mods, but - if anyone has any further insight it'd be much appreciated. Will I most likely have to start over in the game do you think? Will exporting my characters first cause any harm? As far as modding the infinity engine goes, I am more or less a n00b, so forgive my many questions.

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, Tweaks should go last and AB first. Here's my IWD mod install order recommendation.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    CamDawg said:

Yeah, Tweaks should go last and AB first. Here's my IWD mod install order recommendation.

Good to know! I don't suppose there is any way to properly salvage my current save? I assume I can just export my characters, uninstall, reinstall, re-mod, then import my characters back in?

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Varwulf said:

CamDawg said:

Good to know! I don't suppose there is any way to properly salvage my current save? I assume I can just export my characters, uninstall, reinstall, re-mod, then import my characters back in?

Export/import would probably work, yeah.

CamDawg said:

Export/import would probably work, yeah.

Thanks for the assistance then :)
    I did notice after setting everything up in order that now my saved game images (when loading, saving, etc) are actually just blank black screen shots. This is kind of a bummer, as it doesn't show my character icons either on the GUI within the game. It makes me worried I might accidentally save over the top of one of my other saves if I do this...

Any ideas?
    Odd, they suddenly fixed themselves today after I loaded and saved my game (even though this has been done several times already). Oh well, not going to argue :)