Skip to content

The New Patch - Now that BG:EE is back up and running

Just a quick query really, do we have an Estimated Window for the new Patch's release?

If not when do you guy's on the BG:EE team think an announcement will be made on the patch? Is the patch close to completing the dev/testing cycle, or are we looking at having to wait some weeks for it due to the recent delay's?

Cheers in advanced :)

Comments

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    I'm sure they know that we wanna know, but... seconded.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    No release date right now.
  • DrakeEBDrakeEB Member Posts: 20
    BGEE is back up and running? The front page still has the announcement that it is still removed from Beamdog store and the legal issues....Did i miss something?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @DrakeEB I suggest you clean up your browser's cache! The game is back on sale, yes.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Soon™
  • silver_gpsilver_gp Member Posts: 21
    I hope the new patch is coming soon, and actually what I want most, is the new DLC containing new characters with their stories like Neera, and new maps, enemies, etc... HaHa
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @silver_gp may I just mention though that if I remember correctly, DLCs would only come after BG2:EE. That doesn't sound so bad anyway, does it? :-) Baldur's Gate TWO: Enhanced Edition...that doesn't sound so bad at all! Bwoahaha
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Is it just me who find it strange that we have no official news about anything ?? Also, wasn't the patch supposed to be ready when BGEE became non available in June ? What's about this new delay ? Weren't we promised more transparency ?
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Palanthis said:

Weren't we promised more transparency ?

I'm not sure. Were we? I wouldn't mind, and I also thought the patch was near ready before the blackout, but who knows.
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283

Why do some people always find something to complain about?

Hey you know why. The more you love something / someone, the more you find to complain about it. :)

Thanks for the quick response @Kaeloree
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    super happy. I feel like the berlin wall just came down....again.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Sigh and there goes the NDA... At least nobody mentioned you get a wheel fighting duel while mounted on the horse... ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296

super happy. I feel like the berlin wall just came down....again.

This seems like a bizarre inverse of Godwin's Law.
  • Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    Awww man... the dilemma... I've just started a new BG 2 run... but BG EE finally gets patched. I feel like making a completely new playthrough, hopefully finishing just as BG 2 EE is released. (Is that too optimistic? lol)
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271

Awww man... the dilemma... I've just started a new BG 2 run... but BG EE finally gets patched. I feel like making a completely new playthrough, hopefully finishing just as BG 2 EE is released. (Is that too optimistic? lol)

You and everyone else, heh.

Maybe you could try a realllly hard solo build. That might give you the time you need.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Ascerion

Solo Wizard Slayer?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I recently started up a solo mage (no kit). I'm sure it gets easier, but the early game is a disaster for this character. (Starting with no ranged weapon may have contributed...)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Palanthis said:

Weren't we promised more transparency ?

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Oh good! I thought we'd never have horses! :D
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited August 2013
    Necdilzor said:

Oh good! I thought we'd never have horses! :D

GIVE US FLYING MOUNTS :(

Baldur's Gate: Cataclysm, pronounced "kuh-tackle-ism".
  • RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    Do you think this thread might have got a bit Side tracked? haha! :)

Apologies for not acknowledging the answer to my question till now, been a little busy. Any possibility of a more concise answer than soon, though? I mean does soon mean in the next 2-3 day's, the next week or the next month? Just a minor intimation of the expected wait time would be fine if possible please.
  • winsonsonhowinsonsonho Member Posts: 18
    @Wiggles: Well spotted, makes sense as to the delay with the patch now.. The legal issue was probably just a red herring..

Horses and rangers everywhere, rejoice!!