Skip to content

Mandatory IWD2 Request for Mods

VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
Though I haven't made it explicitly clear to everyone, since BG:EE I have been going through BG2 and IWD a lot lately and will be making a stab at IWD2 again hopefully relatively soon. I have found on the forum many great suggestions for mods for BH2 and IWD, but haven't discovered a whole lot for IWD2. I was wondering if anyone had a good list of suggestions for me in that regard.

For reference, I pretty much installed all of the tweaks, fixes, etc, for IWD as well as Unfinished Business and Auril's Bane. I'm not really the type of person to add any of the NPC mods, etc to the IWD games but new NPCs in BG/BG2 are definitely of interest to me.

With that being said, Planescape Torment is also on my to do list, which is a game I have actually not played much at all before in the past. If anyone has some great suggestions for PT mods as well I would definitely be all ears.

Thanks for taking the time to read and to post :)

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    If you haven't played a full game of PS:T yet, definitely do so without mods and without walkthroughs. It /is/ one of those games that you will regret not discovering by yourself the first time. You only get one first playthrough; use it well.

After that, the GOG guide for Planescape: Torment is fantastic.
    (http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide)
    All of the really general-use, story development, etc. mods are discussed in that.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564

If you haven't played a full game of PS:T yet, definitely do so without mods and without walkthroughs. It /is/ one of those games that you will regret not discovering by yourself the first time. You only get one first playthrough; use it well.

After that, the GOG guide for Planescape: Torment is fantastic.
    (http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide)
    All of the really general-use, story development, etc. mods are discussed in that.

Thank you, that is a source I didn't think of checking and I think I will see if said source has a similar discussion for IWD2 mods.

I will heed your advice and play PsT 100% vanilla my first time through :)