Skip to content

Flesh golem cave spawns the wrong mobs on rest

KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
edited August 2013 in Not An Issue
When resting in the flesh golem cave (the one where you get the +1 constitution tome), you should be awoken by ambushing flesh golems. This is the behavior found in the original BG, and would be expected, as the cave is inhabited completely by flesh golems.

Instead, in BG:EE, it spawns carrion crawlers on rest. The expected behavior is for it to spawn flesh golems.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    This was changed per design decision to prevent flesh golem farming.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Wasn't there a small chance of carrion crawlers spawning in the old game? I seem to recall becoming annoyed at them appearing when I was trying to "farm flesh golems".
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

It did seem odd that someone was making so many flesh golems.

Yeah, that was the main impetus for the change--flesh golems are constructs, not natural creatures wandering the wilderness.

• KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2013
    It's sad to lose my favorite exp farming spot but your argument does make sense when considering pnp.
    CamDawg said:

And here I thought it was my "special" spot. :P
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Kahenraz said:

It's sad to lose my favorite exp farming spot but your argument does make sense when considering pnp.

CamDawg said:

And here I thought it was my "special" spot. :P
    Hardly. The Flesh golems are a well, well known place and were commonly recommended in the original as a way to get xp.

I never did it there though. I have better places.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Pffft. Basilisks all the way.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    N'ting a couple of cheap scrolls can't fix. Roam around with one melee dude protected, the others all using ranged weapons bashing all the little basilisks. If you are careful you'll gain a few levels before you run into a Greater one (which isn't an issue, just need to be aware they do melee attacks).