Skip to content

Barbarian Rage Bug

EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
edited August 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Kind of upset right now, was on a seriously amazing run in my 75 stat no reload challenge and I enabled barbarian rage and charged into a group of 3 sirines and proceeded to get dire charmed and ended up dying. The ability had not worn off so it leads me to believe it simply has to be a bug.

RAGE: The enraged status lasts for 5 rounds and provides a +4 bonus to Strength and Constitution, a -2 penalty to armor class and a +2 bonus to saving throws vs spells, as well as IMMUNITY TO ALL CHARM, hold, fear, maze, stun, sleep, confusion and level drain spells.

Either it's a bug or the Rage description is incorrect
Post edited by EnterHaerDalis on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hmm. Are you sure that the rage did not wear off? I just tested it and it blocks sirine charm just fine; even when solo. The rage makes no sound when it wears off so you may have missed it. That or it may have worn off a split second before the charm spell hit you...
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Tresset said:

Hmm. Are you sure that the rage did not wear off? I just tested it and it blocks sirine charm just fine; even when solo. The rage makes no sound when it wears off so you may have missed it. That or it may have worn off a split second before the charm spell hit you...

Nah when I lost control of him I checked the record page and it had the Barbarian Rage icon , and the mind shield status

It was enabled for sure. I did it just before I ran into them. He saved vs the dire charm spells a few times then I lost control of him. The weird thing is that he didn't turn hostile with a red circle, it was just a loss of control (no access to his inventory etc)

Should of recorded it or something....
    Very odd. Any mods? It may just be one of those one in a million quirks that the game tends to have...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah that definitely sounds like a bug, you had to have done something that made it so charm could still affect him
    sarevok57 said:

yeah that definitely sounds like a bug, you had to have done something that made it so charm could still affect him

lol like what? And no I don't use mods it's 100% clean.

I don't know what the explanation is.... I still have the save file right before the sirines maybe I'll test it out a bunch see what happens...
    edited August 2013
    Ok so I tested it a few times and came up with some peculiar results

A) My guy would save vs the dire charm several times, then once he would get damaged there would be a loss of control. Nothing comes up on the record page to show why there is a loss of control. This is what happened when my run died.

B) The same as A except there was a huge window where after Charname died the game didn't end. I could run around with my other NPC's for about 20 seconds before the death animation kicked in

C) My guy saves vs a bunch of dire charm spells and there is loss of control after he is damaged physically. It actually says "Confused" on the record page and his intelligence is dropped to 3. For some reason the Barbarian Rage isn't showing up on the record page despite it being activated just seconds before.

D) The same as A except his intelligence is dropped to 3. "Confused" does NOT appear on the record page and the barbarian rage status is still present.

E) After taking physical damage and being poisoned there would be no loss of control for the entire duration until he died. This only happened one time out of like 15 tests. Other times he would get damaged a few times and I would still have control for a little bit, then eventually get further damaged and end up at scenario A again

All of the screenshots of the record page are taken when there is loss of control. Loss of control only happened when he took physical damage from the Sirines
    Wait a minute... So did you actually die from the dire charm? Like did you ever get the death hand movie while your character still had HP left? Or was it that you lost control and then they killed you by damaging you thereby reducing your HP to 0? I think I begin to understand what is going on here...

If you never actually got the death hand movie while your character still had HP left then this is not a bug at all. I mean, case number B is definitely a bug, but the loss of control while raged is normal; as is the int drain.

You see, a sirine's melee attack has special properties. This attack inflicts confusion which is blocked by rage, BUT it also inflicts a temporary feeblemind on the hit character which is NOT blocked by barbarian rage (it is blocked by berserker and Minsc rage though). The feeblemind causes you to loose control of your character, causes your character to do absolutely nothing, and lowers your character's int to 3. The sirine melee attack does not apply a feeblemind portrait icon.

Like I said before though # B is definitely a bug and I would love it if you could give me more info about how that happened so I could report it and hopefully we could get it fixed.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    edited August 2013
    Not getting the feeblemind portrait icon sounds like an issue as well, I think.

EDIT:
    I reported it in the bugtracker.
    Post edited by hook71 on
    Wtf

How the hell does Feeblemind NOT fall into one of these categories

immunity to all Charm, Hold, Fear, Maze, Stun, Sleep, Confusion and Level Drain spells

also pretty sure it's a bug that the Rage gets cancelled

thats so fucked that I threw that run away thinking I was invulnerable, wow. Gee, how did I not see the phantom feeblemind coming..
    Yeah I think barb rage should block feeblemind too but it doesn't. If you compare the kit descriptions for berserker and barbarian you will see that berserker rage lists feeblemind and imprisonment as things it blocks while barbarian rage doesn't. I didn't make the rules; I just know them.