Skip to content

New NPCs you'd like to see

BG: EE already has 4 new NPCs and it seems the sequel will have a much needed evil thief. BG 2 is superior to its predecessor in almost every way, but it's definitely more limited when it comes to NPC choices. Are there any other NPCs you'd like for the BG 2: EE?

For me, I'd like a chaotic neutral barbarian. Other than Jaheira, there aren't any frontline neutral warriors in either game. Yea, neutral PCs can supposedly get along with any alignment, but it really makes more sense for people of similar morality and temperament to hang out together. I also don't find the barbarian interesting enough to ever play as one for my PC, so having a barbarian NPC will give me the chance to play as one.

A skald NPC would also be nice. Other than the blade, bards are generally support characters. The PC is the child of a god. Fuck supporting. While I may not be interested in the PC supporting the party, a NPC that is very good at buffing the party would be perfect.

Comments

• ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Four?

Neera, Rasaad, and Dorn...? Who else?
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Baeloth
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    For starters, I'd like to see a female NE spriggan wererabbit barbarian of doom. Or perhaps a tone deaf, CN aarakocra bard that suffers from claustrophobia. Both would be interesting in nearly any party imagable.

The most important factor for any new NPC's for me is that they have 'unique' personalities, as well as three or four screws loose to make them interesting. Whenever they are useful in battle isn't that important imho.
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    I thought they already talked about evil female thief.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited August 2013
    Maybe the NPC could be something totally offbeat, like a Vampire? (I know, impossible)

Speaking of vampires though, I wouldn't mind meeting an Undead Hunter. Not only would he/she come in very handy when taking an Bohdi's claim, but it also fits in well with the story, i.e.: you both share a common goal to wipe out Bodhi's vampires.
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Lets see.. What NPC would I like to see in BG2:EE?
    Well, it has to be a Gnome, lets make it a Chaotic Evil Cleric/Thief..oh I know! We shall call him Tiax! He who rules all!

But if that's not possible, I'll settle for a Gnome Wizard Slayer, Dwarf Fighter/Cleric or a Hafling Barbarian
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
    edited August 2013
    If toned down...

Artemis Entrieri ( Assassin ) LE Human
    Cadderly ( Priest ) LG Human
    Dianca ( Monk ) NG Human
    Wulfgar ( Barbarian ) CG Human
    Catti-brie ( Archer ) " "
    Bruneor ( Fighter ) LG Dwarf
    Jarlaxle ( Fighter / Mage ) NE Drow..
    Regis ( Thief ) CG Halfling

• ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
    edited August 2013
    I know it's a long list.

But I wouldn't mind partying with these people.

I do believe that every party ( good or evil ) should have access to every primary class ( especially thief ) as a joinable NPC.
    The in fighting while novel get's old too fast.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    CN Sorcerer

good aligned Half-Orc, preferably Cleric.

More single class theives.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    more shorties of various alignment
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I am with Rangeltoft, TIAX is the obvious choice!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    A good aligned wizard/sorcerer would be nice. Maybe also a good aligned Half-Orc barbarian.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    edited August 2013
    ogreb said:

If toned down...

Artemis Entrieri ( Assassin ) LE Human
    Cadderly ( Priest ) LG Human
    Dianca ( Monk ) NG Human
    Wulfgar ( Barbarian ) CG Human
    Catti-brie ( Archer ) " "
    Bruneor ( Fighter ) LG Dwarf
    Jarlaxle ( Fighter / Mage ) NE Drow..
    Regis ( Thief ) CG Halfling

Who's Dianca? Is she related to Danica Maupoissant? :P

If you do add new NPC's Beamdog, please don't add these ones... they've been done to death in tons of books and other games and the fact that many of them already have an unnecessary cameo in the game is more than enough.

I'd like to see a CE Halfling Barbarian, a NE Half-Orc Cleric/Thief, or a LE Elf Fighter/Mage. Obviously any new NPC's added should be evil since currently there aren't enough evil NPC's to fill the other 5 slots alongside Charname. As the game is now you have Edwin, Korgan, and Viconia in SoA, so that means a 4 man party through BG2 and if your Charname isn't a Thief well, have fun with all those traps. Once ToB comes along you can get Sarevok and have a 5 man party... still 1 short. The inclusion of Dorn will mean you can have a 5 man party in SoA and a full group (finally) in ToB. Fingers crossed that the new rumored Thief NPC is in fact evil.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013
    A lawful good imp (which because of its alignment might cause PnP players to gouge their eyes out).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'd like to see a cheerful, happy-go-lucky, Neutral Good, pure class, female thief. Maybe she could be called Imoen?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Although I don't ever intend on playing evil. It's clear the dark side needs more allies in BG 2 EE. In fact, do evil-doers even have a thief amongst their rank??
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    evil Duergar cleric
  • Morte50Morte50 Member Posts: 161
    Ogre Paladin (preferably Cavalier, 'cause that just makes sense). Or failing that, any other Ogre NPC. Something a bit unique, and perhaps slightly impractical.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    GoodSteve said:

Who's Dianca? Is she related to Danica Maupoissant? :P

I believe that's her cousin Dianca Mousepants.