Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition back on sale!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
(This news is a few weeks old, but we realized that we never actually posted anything here. So for those who missed it, here is the letter we sent out when the game went back on sale.)
Dear Friends of Baldur’s Gate,

We're back!

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is available for sale once again. All outstanding issues with our publishing partner have been resolved.

We'll announce the details of an upcoming major *Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition* patch and the Android tablet version in the near future. We'll also have some exciting news regarding *Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition* soon after.

We want to thank our fans for the outpouring of support we received during this difficult time. Legal issues are never fun. We're glad we can once again focus on what matters - *makin' videogames!*
Again, this news is a few weeks old now, so nothing new to report, but for those who missed it, there it is.

Visit the website for more information on how you can buy the Mac, iPad, and Windows versions of the game (we'll have some information about Android in a future post). If you already know all that and just want to buy the game directly from us, visit the Windows and Mac store pages.

Game on!
AendaeronBluescaleFredjoAnduinElectricMonkStarflower2525SouthpawLemmiumgsalernoPibaroStradlinNecdilzorAdulAristilliusTrainwreckWSUMoiraDarkersunmch202

Comments

• CorpusDelictiCorpusDelicti Member Posts: 45
    Yay!
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    Better late news than never.
  • Social_DistortionSocial_Distortion Member Posts: 6
    Awesome news! Thank you.
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Dee said:

We'll also have some exciting news regarding *Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition* soon after.

*gasp*

Paulg
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited August 2013
    Just as a FYI to all the devs, I am patiently awaiting the patch release to start a new game. Hopefully that should provide sufficient impetus to get things moving along at a brisker pace ;)

Carry on.
  • ProlixProlix Member Posts: 1
    After seeing what happened to Neverwinter Nights and the years it took to resolve those issues, I never thought I'd see BG2 (ee). I'm glad it's going to happen.
    TolkienBard
  • Seaker42Seaker42 Member Posts: 8
    I just bought this for the iPad and I'll definitely buy BG2 when it comes out. I can't believe I missed this on the PC, and I'm glad you made an iPad version since I don't have a good home computer anymore.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Excellent! Glad to see the announcement. I was concerned that the troubles were "resolved", but there was no announcement to that effect. This makes me feel much better.

Can't wait for the new patch.
  • FlookerFlooker Member Posts: 7
    Very good news ! I was on starting a new game of BG2 (old version) .. but I'll wait for BGEE2 !
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    this is excellent news can't wait for patch and more news on bg2ee
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Well, they never said that BG2EE will happen, did they? Dee only spoke of "exciting news". ;)
    BG2EE is contractually obliged to happen. As the mess for BGEE appears to be resolved then BG2EE must proceed.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    Hurrah! Huzzah!! and...erm...another ah! to be named later. BG2EE happy happy joy joy news is making my pacemaker go all zappy with excitement. Can't wait to hear what the exciting news will be...hopefully a more lenient and exlaxed contractual obligation clause.
    alnairPaulg
  • FungostarFungostar Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 179
    @Dee
    out of my curiosity, to who was this letter sent out ?

I've purchased all BG:EE variations and subscribed to this forum since ages, but I've received nothing :)
    (yes, I've checked the spam folder)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Fungostar
    While we were on hiatus, there was a way to subscribe so that you would receive a notification when the game went back on sale. I believe the subscriber list is the same as the Android one, which you can sign up for on this page: http://baldursgate.com/android.en.html
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Yeah I subscribed at the page and got the email. That was one of the best emails I've received.
    I'm getting a 404 error when I hit subscribe.
  • FungostarFungostar Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 179
    @Dee
    thanks, I didn't notice that page at the time... :)
  • DevilTyphoonDevilTyphoon Member Posts: 39
    Fantastic!
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    When can I see the Chinese language pack?
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    And the Android version is right around the corner, yea?
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    what about the "big" patch?
    Vitor
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited September 2013
    yazgang said:

what about the "big" patch?

You can see lots of threads which discuss , current plan is Sep Early to Mid. but it seems it will get a push back again for some developing issue,

Post edited by darrenkuo on
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    edited October 2013
    what has happend with the announced Patch? BG:EE is since 2 months back and there still isnt a patch...and the german version is waiting now since 9 months for the kit texts and the translation is since 8 months ready!!! So where is the patch???
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Is there no end to the whining about the patch?

They have never promised a date for it.
    It will be done and come out when it's done.
    Paulgelminster
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    tommy said:

what has happend with the announced Patch? BG:EE is since 2 months back and there still isnt a patch...and the german version is waiting now since 9 months for the kit texts and the translation is since 8 months ready!!! So where is the patch???

For more information about the next patch see here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/the-road-to-v1-2
    tommy
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    patch is out! yay. love it.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Glad you could solve everything¡
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    1 week from tomorrow!! woooot!
This discussion has been closed.