Skip to content

Which class will you play BG2EE first as?

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Now that BG2EE has been officially announced I'd figured I'd ask which class people were planning on playing for their first playthrough of BG2EE (you know like two months from now :p).

If you plan on playing a kit just choose the base class here (and feel free to mention the kit you plan to play as). Obviously there isn't enough room for everything so I had to merge sorcerers with mages, barbarians with fighters, and multi-class and dual class characters.
  1. Which class will you play BG2EE first as?305 votes
    1. Fighter (includes Barbarian)
      12.13%
    2. Ranger
        6.56%
    3. Paladin
      10.49%
    4. Monk
        2.95%
    5. Cleric
        3.28%
    6. Druid
        4.59%
    7. Thief
        3.61%
    8. Bard
        5.90%
    9. Mage/Sorcerer
      17.05%
    10. Multi-class or Dual-class
      33.44%
CrevsDaak

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Well, I'd first play as one of the characters I've completed BGEE with. Last time it was a Paladin, but I've also got a thief (swashbuckler) who I've grown fond because of how useless she is. Since 8 or 9 is supposed is the average stat, that's what I gave her in all her stats (by the end with the tomes she's got tens and elevens of course). The only thing special about her is that she's not special in any way... except I think she's great.
    elminsterBaldursCatrorikon
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Coutelier said:

Well, I'd first play as one of the characters I've completed BGEE with. Last time it was a Paladin, but I've also got a thief (swashbuckler) who I've grown fond because of how useless she is. Since 8 or 9 is supposed is the average stat, that's what I gave her in all her stats (by the end with the tomes she's got tens and elevens of course). The only thing special about her is that she's not special in any way... except I think she's great.

First time I ever beat ToB it was with an undead hunter :)
    [Deleted User]
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Dragon Disciple (Sorcerer) for me :) I really enjoyed my playthrough with that character
    elminster[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovAristillius[Deleted User]
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    my current game is a fighter/thief that I will take over. when I hit tob I will have a bunch of scrolls so that on harder fights he can cast from scrolls too, and will wield carsomyr because at that point backstabbing is practically useless and I won't be taking keldorn. I am having a lot of fun with this class and have taken on some dungeons solo while I sneak around backstabbing everything with my additional fighter thaco :)
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    My sorcerer currently in Durlag's Tower will of course be imported. My evil fighter/mage and crazy CN Dwarf priest will import over in that order, the order that I started them. After that, probably the monk I've not created in BGEE yet, who will in turn port over. Seeing a pattern?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Probably my jester.
    elminster[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I have a Half-Orc Cleric of Helm from BG:EE I want to continue playing as.
    elminster
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    played throu BG EE with blackguard, gnome specialized mage and Holy Cleric. Would like a shadow danger or something like that but since the 4th new NPC is a thief might give that a miss ;D
    elminster
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Wellp, first up is a continuation of my original BG game, with a half-elven Fighter/Magic-User!
    Then, my Fighter for BG: EE. ...and then the Blackguard girl I played after him. And and and and and.
  • Xar105Xar105 Member Posts: 112
    i will play my Human dual wield berserker form BG.EE
    elminster
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Most likely a blackguard, but it could just as well be any other EE kit. Haven't played with any of them since I never do a BG 1 only play through. Transferring the character to BG 2 is always my main goal.
    elminster
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    An assassin basically or a fighter/thief or even a stalker.I just love backstabbing and the use of poison with an assassin.It would be nice if the stalker kit had more options for their alighnment such as Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil without having to use shadowkeeper.A goody -goody backstabber just doesn't seem right some how.
    elminsterKidCarnivalJuliusBorisov
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Elf Sorcerer with Dorn, Korgan, Hexxat, Viconia and Edwin; then Human Inquisitor with Jaheira, Mazzy, Aerie, Nalia/Imoen and Neera.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the beserker that I am playing now is the one im going to choose, and he is going to swing big swords, chop chop :)
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Mage. Either without specialization or Invoker.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I beat BGEE with a Sorcerer, suppose I'll just continue with that.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Hopefully the Faiths of Faerûn Kitpack mod made by @Mordeus and @Requiem will be compatible with BG2:EE right from the start. For the longest time I'm planning to play a male CE gnome and Amorphite of Ghaunadaur (specialty cleric kit) through the whole saga.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Following my BGEE finished playthroughs.
    First playthrough was an assassin (name Venom), then a fighter-thief dual (named Hei), and in the end a Cleric of Talos dualled to mage named Lucifer. I yet have to finish running my monk (Southpaw) thru BGEE and a Swashbuckler (also, Hei).
    elminster
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    I think I will be spreading the good word of Talos around Amn .... To peoples faces .... with lightning ....
    yes yes.........
    elminster
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    My first ever Baldur's Gate II character was a Swashbuckler, way back in 2001. I think my first Enhanced Edition character will be, as well. It seems fitting - full circle, and what have you.
    elminster
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Either my Cleric/Illusionist or my Wizard Slayer/thief(yey for EEkeeper).
    Gnomes will rule them all!
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • Tysonm1Tysonm1 Member Posts: 40
    The only reason I say Fighter is because one of my characters that I'm very looking forward to playing is a Dwarven Defender, and because I'm interested in what his saves look like and the fact that his ability to suck up damage makes me want to see what happens later on in the game when bigger baddies start appearing. Doubt he could take a dragon but it'd be hilarious to find out...
    elminsterAndyM
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    dual classed sorcerer ? xDDDD we can dream xD
    elminster
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Maybe I might play a monk next playthrough. I'm currently playing a bard I'm really fond of ( by which I mean I've not succumbed to my chronic restarter syndrome) but all the other classes are pretty much covered by current NPCs & Rasaad just hasn't grabbed me so I won't be inclined to take him.
    elminster
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I'm importing my BG:EE character.
    elminsterAndyM
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2013
    probably my mage character who incidently is the same character i beat the BG saga with for the first time all those years ago

not sure though i know if i play him i will make all the same choices i usualy make when i play him. I may use some one else just so i can take better advantage of the new characters and content
    elminsterAndyM
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I'm planning a full BGEE->BG2EE->ToBEE run with a Dragon Disciple. They seem perfectly flavored for the PC.
    elminster
  • SouldancertnSouldancertn Member Posts: 45
    Bard

Never *ever* finished a run with a bard, but have started several (x10). If that doesn't work, then I'll fall back on my good ol' swashbuckler.
    elminster