Skip to content

It's HAPPENING!

Comments

• mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Nice. A lot sooner than I expected, especially given the whole legal mess.
    SCARY_WIZARDFlashburn
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Thankfully there doesn't seem to be hide nor hair of those silly motion comic cutscenes. There were some nice art here and there (Sir Dorkspawn looked less dorky for one), but they looked awful animated and I still think at least one is still broken/unfinished. BG2 cutscenes were of a much better quality than the original Baldur's Gate cutscenes so I'd much rather see those return than a poor replacement.
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Thief is a good choice. BG2 always lacked a proper good thief.

She'll probably be an Assassin though.
  • pl1982pl1982 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    Great to hear! Looking forward to it! I must say as well: the new areas shown look very nice; can't wait to explore these! The upgraded spell effects look awesome as well.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    "A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe."

That sounds cool! I wonder what that might mean? "[A]cross the globe" from Amn or from where the mysterious master comes from? Maybe it's snake-men from Maztica! :D
    JuliusBorisov
  • TazokTazok Member Posts: 34
    So they announced BG2EE but havent released the patch for BGEE? Ok... Look guys, I preordered BGEE, and I want to pre order BG2EE(especially with the very cool 3d effects) but you are killing me. It feels like you wont make more money off releasing the patch so F it, just sell another game instead.

So yes, I would love to buy it assuming you finish BGEE
    Dexter
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I guess they have to plan a few steps into the future. I doubt the announcement will negatively affect the patching of BGEE.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Tazok- they already have explained that :
    there are basically 2 teams. One does content and design (BG2EE, new kits etc etc) and one does the technical part (engine, bugfixes patches). Now it is easy for the first group to just put their work into the engine the latter group has developed.

So, BG2EE is the work of the first group and the patch a result of months and months of drudgery of the latter.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    The web site talks about four new party members. Won't Baeloth be back?!
    jamesker
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Astafas said:

The web site talks about four new party members. Won't Baeloth be back?!

If you knew what happened to him at the end of The Black Pits, you wouldn't be expecting him to return.

• 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    @BladeDancer
    Knowing what happened in some people's playthrough to Xzar, Monty, Imoen, Edwin, Viconia, Coran, Safana, Gavin, Tiax, Minsc, Jaheira, Quayle and Sarevok, one could assume that he returns in some fashion.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Astafas

No he won't. The fourth is an entirely new female thief.
    AstafasJuliusBorisov
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    That is truly a shame, he's a great character and I love having him in my parties.
    CrevsDaak
    I still hope the devs have something up their sleeve they haven't announced. Like a hidden dwarf NPC. Or a new kit. Or a hidden dwarf NPC with a new kit !
    KamigoroshiArcalianmch202
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Best of all would be some sort of Barbarian kit. It would be quite a shame if this class remains the only one in BG:EE/BG2:EE which doesn't support additional kits.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    edited August 2013
    10thLich said:

@BladeDancer
    Knowing what happened in some people's playthrough to Xzar, Monty, Imoen, Edwin, Viconia, Coran, Safana, Gavin, Tiax, Minsc, Jaheira, Quayle and Sarevok, one could assume that he returns in some fashion.

Just had an epiphany: Baeloth will be a playable NPC in ToB

After you kick his ass again in Black Pits 2 of course. Oh, and he has his genie as a familiar.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    I havnt been this exicted since I bought Rome Total War 2 last night... ;) Awesome guys, cant wait for it!

BG2 is, without doubt, one of the best games ever made - and fuck anyone who says otherwise, go and play pokémon you tramp.
    KidCarnival
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

Best of all would be some sort of Barbarian kit. It would be quite a shame if this class remains the only one in BG:EE/BG2:EE which doesn't support additional kits.

To be honest, I'd be happiest if they just made Barbarians a fighter kit instead. It already works that way in BG2 (though the game doesn't tell you so), and makes a whole lot of sense to begin with. Being able to dual-class also wouldn't hurt!

Though I suppose the whole "can't change existing stuff" clause screws that over... :( Same with druid XP progression I guess, they'll be forever stuck with the lvl15 Mt. Everest...
    KidCarnivalCrevsDaak
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Lord_Tansheron: I'm pretty sure the BG2 Tweak Pack can fix Druid progression...
    JarrakulSCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaak
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2013
    Nomally I'd agree with you here @Lord_Tansheron. After all: from a P&P perspective, this would be the most fitting appoach. However, my biggest concern about changing the Barbarian class into a Fighter kit are the currently hardcoded engine limitations: no more than nine kits for any class are available at character creation. Which leaves then only four open slots for custom Fighter kits.

If Overhaul 'opens' the Barbarian class with a new kit on the other hand, both modders and players would have eight new kit slots at their disposal.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292

To be honest, I'd be happiest if they just made Barbarians a fighter kit instead. It already works that way in BG2 (though the game doesn't tell you so), and makes a whole lot of sense to begin with. Being able to dual-class also wouldn't hurt!

Though I suppose the whole "can't change existing stuff" clause screws that over... :( Same with druid XP progression I guess, they'll be forever stuck with the lvl15 Mt. Everest...
    I believe they're allowed to tweak classes and kits, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to tone down the totemic druid, etc.

• 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    @Kamigoroshi
    They're not hardcoded per se. They simply would have to modify the GUI. If ToBEX can do it, they can do it too.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    "...4 new party members..."
    It means that there will be only 1 new NPC in BG2EE - the thief girl...
    3 others are Neera, Dorn and rasaad?
    Am I right?
    :facepalm.jpg:
    @DarkDogg: you are indeed correct. However, I think it's important to note that this is probably a GOOD thing, not a bad. BG1 is limited in its scope regarding banter, romance, and general NPC interactions. BG2 however has a lot of it. That means that in BG1, the new characters weren't as fleshed out and developed as one might like (makes sense, or they would eclipse all the other NPCs even more). BG2 gives us a chance to delve much deeper into the three characters, learn a lot more about them, and see more interaction. I think that in the end, three complete characters over the course of the entire saga is preferable to two times three half-done ones.
    Jarrakulalnairelminster
    @DarkDogg - The promised evil thief. I hope there will be another "hidden" NPC, because everyone loves presents and secrets. However even with "only" 4 new NPCs we have a lot more NPCs that you can ever use.
    alnair
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598

@DarkDogg: you are indeed correct. However, I think it's important to note that this is probably a GOOD thing, not a bad. BG1 is limited in its scope regarding banter, romance, and general NPC interactions. BG2 however has a lot of it. That means that in BG1, the new characters weren't as fleshed out and developed as one might like (makes sense, or they would eclipse all the other NPCs even more). BG2 gives us a chance to delve much deeper into the three characters, learn a lot more about them, and see more interaction. I think that in the end, three complete characters over the course of the entire saga is preferable to two times three half-done ones.

Just keep in mind that banters between new and old NPCs will mostly be onesided, because of the story and the voice acting. Banters between Neera, Rasaad and Dorn? Really? Pfff...
    IMO it's a loss if only 1 new NPC will be presented in BG2EE.
    I thought there will be at least 2 or 3 new characters in BG2EE.

BTW who liked the new transparent skills bar?
    Well, if we'd gotten 4 entirely new NPCs, we'd have the same situation. Besides, you don't need fully voiced banter anyway. Full voice is overrated. There's tons of custom NPC mods with miles of banter between new and existing characters, with either one-sided voice, or completely voiceless. They're fine, some of them even great. I am not worried.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    I think having 4 high quality NPCs is plenty enough. The more you have, the less content and quality each will have. Plus there are already dozens of mods that add NPCs.
    SCARY_WIZARD