Skip to content

What mod NPCs would you like to see compatible with BG2EE?

Comments

• Notepic4Notepic4 Member Posts: 27
    Tyris Flare, Fade and Amber please :3
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    in case no one's said it yet, Edwin romance. Tsujatha, too. I'd say Haer'Dalis, too, but he doesn't have any ToB content >_> *grumble grumble*
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kimmuryiel The Haer'Dalis romance definitely has a ToB portion, it was released at Christmas! :)
    DrugarEudaemoniumFina92
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited August 2013
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Saerileth mod. Huh. I thought that one was popular.

If you do include it, could you please make sure that it stutters? Just to keep the authenticity, you see.

My requests, though, are Amber, Tyris Flare, and Yvette. Edit: and Tashia.

I'm imagining that Yvette is already planned on, though, as the author has already released mods for BG:EE.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Saerileth mod. Huh. I thought that one was popular.

If you do include it, could you please make sure that it stutters? Just to keep the authenticity, you see.

I'm imagining that Yvette is already planned on, though, as the author has already released mods for BG:EE.

It is, in the wrong fashion, it's the most hated mod probally. It's a so sugar mod that people get diabetes after play it!
    Dextervierrae
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Xan, Kivan, Finch and Gavin
    AvengingExile
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited August 2013
    Is Valen really evil? Like I'd be forced to do bad deeds just to keep her around, or she just Viconia-"evil"? I haven't tried any NPC mods but judging from the popularity, she's promising.

EDIT: readme answered my question. i have to side with Bodhi, and that answers my question more or less.
    Illustair said:

Is Valen really evil? Like I'd be forced to do bad deeds just to keep her around, or she just Viconia-"evil"? I haven't tried any NPC mods but judging from the popularity, she's promising.

EDIT: readme answered my question. i have to side with Bodhi, and that answers my question more or less.

Dude, Valen input fear in the heart of evil itself :)! If you really want a deep evil imersion instead of a teenager romance with an complexed girl that doesn't know what she want, then Valen is the mod you're looking for!
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    kamuizin said:

It is, in the wrong fashion, it's the most hated mod probally. It's a so sugar mod that people get diabetes after play it!
    Yes...I played it for the shock value, and I don't think that was such a good idea. Now I'm blind, deaf, and my fingers have been disintegrated.

Was it worth the trade off? I'll let you be the judge of that.
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    BG1 NPCS is SoA. Smiling Imp did a great job. Very enjoyable, even sounds like Dynaheir will be making a comeback!

Callisto and Ninafer would be great as well. Forget what mod they are from. Also enjoyed Beyond the Law with Kiyonne and Kova, but I believe that is not being supported anymore. Which is a real shame as that was a fun mod.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Beond the Law was cool, that gets a vote from me :)
    Kaeloree said:

@kimmuryiel The Haer'Dalis romance definitely has a ToB portion, it was released at Christmas! :)

where can I get it? (sorry, I didn't know there was a reply XD updates don't get sent to my email >_>
    @kimmuryiel The same place you got Haer'Dalis SoA--it's just been updated to v2 with the additional ToB content. :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    - Kivan
    - Fade
    - Angelo
    AvengingExile
    If the modder that made Kindrek NPC is still around, some banters and plot related changes in that character would make him awesome!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    He and his wife are long retired from the modding scene.
    kamuizin said:

If the modder that made Kindrek NPC is still around, some banters and plot related changes in that character would make him awesome!

• albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    Most definitely Tashia. Having her and Neera in the same party... *mischievous grin*
  • SolmenirSolmenir Member Posts: 3
    - Kelsey
    - Keto
    - Saerileth
    - Fade
    - Kivan
    AvengingExile

He and his wife are long retired from the modding scene.

kamuizin said:

I see Solaufein, that a shame then :(! Kinda of saw a lot of potential in that mod, i really like NPCs that mess with the game (Valen, Kindrek...).
    Kaeloree said:

@kimmuryiel The same place you got Haer'Dalis SoA--it's just been updated to v2 with the additional ToB content. :)

got it, thank you very much :)
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Kelsey and Kivan are my favorite NPC mods. But frankly Im hoping over time we can port everything.

I know there's some obscure or abandoned mods like 'Expanded thief stronghold' that'll likely never be ported and that I'll miss.
    AvengingExile
  • OxvaOxva Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    Xan, Solaufein and Ajantis for sure. Kivan and Kelsey would also be nice.
    AvengingExile
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited September 2013
    Hi friends.
    Just curious is there a BG2 mod that adds missing BG1 NPCs into BG2?
    For example Shar-Teel, Alora, Skie, Kivan, Kagain etc.
    And will be such mod availible with BG2EE in future?

Except the individual mods Alora and Kivan in Bg2.

Thanks
  • kulyokkulyok Member Posts: 33
    Individual mods are your best bet, I think. Since each "full" NPC mod is basically a coded novel, a mod that adds twenty-five novels is... not very realistic. Even BG1 NPC Project took years of effort, and it only adds a few banters, only six romances and a few player-initiated options.

With various degrees of detail, practically all BG1 NPCs are available as mods. (I've written and coded Xan, Branwen, Coran and Tiax myself). Ajantis and Kivan are very well developed. Yes, it would mean adjusting to the author's vision, but you'd probably have to do it in any case. There're also Skie, Yeslick, Quayle, Alora as individual mods.

Finally, BG1NPCforSoA project at Chosen of Mystra adds a pack of NPC. Not sure if they're going to have friendship paths and numerous banters and interjections and extensive player dialogue, but you could try them out and find your favourites there, too.

Hopefully all NPC mods for BG2 can be found through this linklist(if you know of others, just PM me):
    http://modlist.pocketplane.net/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=5
    DarkDoggMantis37
    I think totally opposite to your logic @Kulyok, but it's your taste then.

My main question now is, with all the requests done here, what are the priority in the NPC mod adaptions @Kaeloree? Anything in mind to be worked first? Any NPC requested that you can't adapt? What are the easier to adapt? Which are the harder ones to do it?
    Schopenhauer
    @kamuizin I won't know for sure until I have time to go through everything, which won't be until release. :)
    kamuizin
    edited September 2013
    Thanks @kulyok. Still no mod for Shar-Teel =) Don't know why - a very charismatic NPC with a story already.
    Found some new 2013 updates. Hope some of this mods will be compatible with BG2EE.
    And It would be a nice idea if someone could add all invidiual BG1 NPC mods in one pack with the authors permissons of course.
    kulyok said:

I've written and coded Xan, Branwen, Coran and Tiax myself.

Olga Silaeva - is that you?
  • kulyokkulyok Member Posts: 33
    Given how every my every mod's readme has my real name in it, I guess it's a bit too late to deny it. So, yes, it's me.

And Kaeloree (waves!) said that most of the regular BG2 NPC mods will install just fine(which I guess means that they should be compatible with BG2:EE). At first, the journal entries won't display and item descriptions may look a bit different, but after they're adjusted to BG2:EE engine, everything will be perfectly fine.
    Fina92
    kulyok said:

Given how every my every mod's readme has my real name in it, I guess it's a bit too late to deny it. So, yes, it's me.

And Kaeloree (waves!) said that most of the regular BG2 NPC mods will install just fine(which I guess means that they should be compatible with BG2:EE). At first, the journal entries won't display and item descriptions may look a bit different, but after they're adjusted to BG2:EE engine, everything will be perfectly fine.

Then I definitely try out some of your mods, especially Branwen and Coran/
    May I ask you, if you have some intentions to do a Shar-Teel NPC mod for Bg2EE in the future?
    @kulyok The only change we'll have to make for basic compatibility is portraits, which is easy -- and even the journals are actually fairly straightforward. When I have time I'll try to shoot you a PM explaining journals more thoroughly, Wisp's system is genius. :D

I'm hoping to have some proof of how easy it is to make things compatible soon... :) But we've got some hoops to jump through first.
    Fina92