Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    people just need to stop complaining, sure bring up your issues and nit-picks, but the college-length "thesis-es" are overkill. these games (both 1 and 2) are my favorite games of all time. and i consider myself a huge gamer but when the new consoles come out you'll still find me playing BGII:EE. and
    Zeratul said:

@drawnacrol Better than Yoshimo! This one have boobs! >>>>>

is damn right! lol. cant wait to see the new new character. ahhhh, new new.

Fredjo
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Unless there's a benefit other than getting a forum badge it is very unlikely I'll 'preorder' this game since it's digital only and I don't think you guys can actually run out of copies. In fact, I probably won't get the next game until i finish the first one (and that one is still receiving updates).

I am really looking forward to this game (especially when you add new NPCs). I would definitely like to see more NPC romances and I hope that the Black Pits 2 is much more expansive with more roleplay options (instead of being a short grinding adventure that allows me to look into potential character builds without the use of a character editor).
    kamuizin
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Pre-order Bg2 ee --> Done!

I can wait 15 november and so on, but i want to show to the devs that i really care about them and their works.

After all the Atari problems, i really want that Beamdog can get some love from the Bg fans.

Also i think we aren't giving money to the usually soulless money-grabber society, but to an hands of people that are trying to give something that many peoples want.

Its still business, they are making a product and we are buying it, but at least they are trying to be clear and fair with us.
    PaulgStarflower2525elminster
  • AndyMAndyM Member Posts: 21
    Personally I am really looking forward to BGII;EE and will probably pre-order. The game is a real classic and I really enjoyed the enhanced version of BG that Overhaul has produced. Despite some problems I feel that they will have learnt a lot from doing BG and hopefully this makes BGII a slicker and more problem free game.

It’s a personal choice though. Buy it now, buy it later – or don’t buy it at all. I’m not sure why so many people feel they need to slate it or kick and scream about what’s happened so far. It is what it is. Don’t stress – life is too short. BGII;EE has to be better than the initial release of BGEE. Too much development has already been done and Overhaul will have learnt an awful lot about how to get BGII;EE better and more ready to launch.

The price tag is really very reasonable. Again it’s a consumer choice though. No need to comment on it to all and sundry.

Can’t wait till November though and some new adventures with old and new friends alike.
    PaulgKilivitz
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    lol, it seems the new character has some mighty high standards to meet. um, i mean "boobs!"
    PaulgQuartzWillyML4Gawdzilla
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

Unless there's a benefit other than getting a forum badge it is very unlikely I'll 'preorder' this game since it's digital only and I don't think you guys can actually run out of copies. In fact, I probably won't get the next game until i finish the first one (and that one is still receiving updates).

I am really looking forward to this game (especially when you add new NPCs). I would definitely like to see more NPC romances and I hope that the Black Pits 2 is much more expansive with more roleplay options (instead of being a short grinding adventure that allows me to look into potential character builds without the use of a character editor).

You described Black pits function perfectly, lol!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2013
    Bottom line is, if you are worried about the overall quality of BGII:EE, there is nothing saying you can't go for the "wait and see" approach. I've done this for many games in the past and gone either way. In fact, despite being a gaming fanatic I can count the exact number of games I've pre-ordered (seven). Amusingly, the games I preordered out of fanaticism tended to end poorly, whereas the games I was more educated on and preordered went well.
    TJ_HookerelminsterPaulgStarflower2525
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    Hoot said:

Hands down, BG2 is my favourite game of all time. It's the game I've finished the most times, played the most over the years...knowing every little nook and cranny of the game, every character feels like an old friend (or enemy :P).

As such I'm just maybe a bit too hopeful that BG2:EE works like a charm right out of the box, so to speak. I really hope it does.

I feel the fans deserve it, but more than that, given the amount of crap Beamdog have had to put up with to make all this happen, I feel they deserve to have it be a smash hit which is met with resounding happiness by the majority of the community.

couldnt agree more!!

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Akuro, for your information, the number of lines to record for the three NPCs, their quest NPCs and the Black Pits amounts to more than 1000. So no, this is no small task.

I wouldn't care so much about these voices provided the original voices were made available in each language from the original game. Packing them together with the new voices only in English would be fairly easy. I managed to do it for the French language, only to discover that the current version doesn't handle the same switch for sounds as for the texts, hence the French voices are not selected. I filed a bug report for that.
    I hope Overhaul has already or will take care of it for the next patch. This is the first step to do before thinking of recording anything.
    LiamEsler
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    After BG2:EE, I say don't worry about BG3, just make Planescape : Torment EE. I'd be all over that shit.
    rdarkenChow
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    edited September 2013
    Doesn't Brian Fargo & inXile entertainment have the Torment rights currently?
    If that's the case, I don't see Overhaul doing a Torment EE any time soon.

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    *head explodes*

Well done fellas! Can't wait!
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Badge or no, I will be pre-ordering this week!
    PaulgNecdilzorStarflower2525
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    Good news on BGEE2 finally! Nice updates to everything, the only thing I'm wondering is can we still customize the ui? I think it's improved from the original for the most part, but for a usability stand point I feel like the character portraits could have been placed lower on screen closer to the battle bar. Now the icons are all over the screen & its going to be like swinging at a pinata to click on stuff. Maybe if people play with keyboard shortcuts its not an issue, but someone like myself who has to pause a lot, I'll waste a lot of time trying to scroll top to bottom and side to side which is a bit immersion breaking. Otherwise looks like it's coming along!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

Doesn't Brian Fargo & inXile entertainment have the Torment rights currently?
    If that's the case, I don't see Overhaul doing a Torment EE any time soon.

I doubt the entire copyright to be adquired by InXile, they're probally working in the same level as Beamdog, as Developers. If that's really what is happening, then there's no restriction for the copyright owner contract Beandog to remake PS:T while InXile make the sequence, probally the owner of the copyrights can restrict even more the EE version of PS:T than it's being done by ATARI with BG:EE and BG2:EE, so it doesn't conflict with the sequence, maybe they just put Beamdog in touch with InXile and both companies work the lore between the games togheter (to the point of keep integrity of the history between both games).
  • ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
    Dee said:

This is getting a little off topic, but Tides of Numenera doesn't take place in the same world as Planescape, as far as I know.

Maybe not toe for toe but it will be based off Monte Cooks work.
    So it will be bizarre....and a lot of fun.
    I was talking about the fact that the games are too similar in name and perspective ( isometric ) for them to give Beamdog the go ahead.
    I would love to see all IE games given the HR and zoom makeover.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Dee said:

This is getting a little off topic, but Tides of Numenera doesn't take place in the same world as Planescape, as far as I know.

Yeah, this is way off topic for this, so here's the Numenera thread if you want to talk about it.

However, I figured I'd chime in on this and agree, they are completely different realms.
    Really, the only two things the games will have in common is the Torment name, and being a story driven iso CRPG.
    Other than that, completely different game altogether.

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Already Pre-Order
    Paulg
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    Pre-order is in...

Patiently waiting for this and the patch for bgEE, one more play through is definitely on the cards before getting stuck into the sequal.
    Paulg
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    jaysl659 said:

Despite having played through the game several times, I've never had yoshimo in my party. From the first time I came across him I didn't trust him and so I just left him to fend for himself in Irenicus' dungeon, something about his dialogue made him seem shifty, and I already had a thief, so I never bothered taking him along.

Then you don't know what you're missing (or if you do, it's been spoiled for you). I recommend taking him along sometime and seeing it for yourself.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Adul said:

jaysl659 said:

Despite having played through the game several times, I've never had yoshimo in my party. From the first time I came across him I didn't trust him and so I just left him to fend for himself in Irenicus' dungeon, something about his dialogue made him seem shifty, and I already had a thief, so I never bothered taking him along.

Then you don't know what you're missing (or if you do, it's been spoiled for you). I recommend taking him along sometime and seeing it for yourself.
    Yeah, I think I've gathered most of what happens with him in bits and pieces over the years. Still, maybe I'll pick him up on my first BG2EE playthrough.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    edited September 2013
    Aaaand pre-ordered.

I just hope they fixed their
    hell trials
    ... that's still the #1 pet peeve of mine.
    kamuizin
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Everyone is preordering... I want too TT_TT
    Paulg
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Oh joy! This is so cool.
    PaulgGozeta
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    The screenshots are incredible.
    Paulg
This discussion has been closed.