Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• mageofthesandsmageofthesands Member Posts: 2
    I honestly can't tell a difference between the graphics. The part under Widescreen suggests that the area backgrounds, at least, have been remastered? Are any other graphics improved? Can we get a side-by-side comparison of BGII and BGII:EE?
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    The interface at least seems to have been changed.
  • FentonFenton Member Posts: 38
    I just pre-order it today and can't wait to have some serious fun with this game. Loved the interface changes and cant wait for the fourth character.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561

Promise me Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, and I'll pre-order BG2 right away, despite all the complications I see.

Me too, me too!

* realizes already preordered BG2EE *

Oh well.
  • Dark_OgrDark_Ogr Member Posts: 3
    If you see in top of forums - it has empty space on right for Baldur's Gate III =)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Dark_Ogr said:

If you see in top of forums - it has empty space on right for Baldur's Gate III =)

Baldur's Gate III? TOB will be included in BG2EE ...

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The empty space is actually just so that the logo doesn't overlap the Bhaal symbol in the background art. :)
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    thats why i dont mind the price so much. people cry and complain, but i dont care if beamdog makes billions from us, as long as they take a part of that money and make BG3, im a happy camper. make a business money, and they will keep wanting to make money, buy giving us somthing to buy. so eveyone can be happy. but there is just no pleasing some people.... *le sigh*
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Holy Carp! I thought this was a resurrected NECRO thread about the release of BG:EE. I guess the II didn't show up. And here's me, thinking I was brilliant in that I was going to troll the thread for re-necro'ing such an old and irrelevant piece of non-news.

I guess the joke is on me.
  • GLenGLen Member Posts: 20

Dereck3o3 said:

Please, someone can confirm that BG2EE will be multi-languages ? or no ?

Confirmed. Stay tuned for an announcement about this soon.
    But only if international subforums find volunteers for translation & formatting tons of text, again, right? ;)
  • XombiiXombii Member Posts: 1
    Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod! I'm so excited I feel like I could explode!!! Ahh! :D
  • TurelusTurelus Member Posts: 23
    While I hate to be a grump and rude I wont pre-order this until I see some showing the BG:EE wont be left in the state it is now. If you want to gain a strong following of people willing to purchase your work please finish projects and patch games to a fixed condition.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    Turelus said:

While I hate to be a grump and rude I wont pre-order this until I see some showing the BG:EE wont be left in the state it is now. If you want to gain a strong following of people willing to purchase your work please finish projects and patch games to a fixed condition.

well they already said they WILL be making a big update for bg1, and then more after that. they may have had delays in the past, but they havnt lied to us. as of yet.

• TurinTurin Member Posts: 42
    I preordered. Can't wait to play the game! :)
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    A quick question, Do you guys have the right to work on BG2 unfinished business that wasn't completed last time around? Such as Artemis Entreri and Drizzts dialogue for example, or still not allowed to touch any of that? Ps yes or no, can't wait till Novemeber the 15th!
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    Matchmaking Multiplayer via Beamdog will come as the title is released, or some months later?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The matchmaking is part of the next BGEE patch, and since BGII:EE uses the same engine it should be there on release.
  • Seaker42Seaker42 Member Posts: 8
    On BGG they said the iPad version will release at the same time as the PC & Mac versions...which is different from the first post in this thread. Which date is correct for the iPad version? (I assume it's this one, but I can always hope BGG was right)
  • duvorapduvorap Member Posts: 1
    Any idea when bg2:ee will hit the apple mac app store (I'm guessing after nov 15?)? I want it on my air asap :)
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I would like to pre order BGII EE, but I've restrained myself so far. I bought BG1EE on PC and iPad (aside, it's quite unplayable on iPad 1 unfortunately) as a show of support back at launch, while really I was waiting for the Android version (Coming Soon! says the website... since november 2012). I already own several versions of the BG series on PC.. I don't really need another one.

Once the Android versions are out and working properly, I'll probably pick up the PC sku of BGII:EE as well.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Gonna get the game anyway soon, but atm pre-order isn't my priority neither has any special reason to be pursued.
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    jamesker said:

A quick question, Do you guys have the right to work on BG2 unfinished business that wasn't completed last time around? Such as Artemis Entreri and Drizzts dialogue for example, or still not allowed to touch any of that? Ps yes or no, can't wait till Novemeber the 15th!

+1
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    15th November? hahaha... It's overhaul production. Prepare for at least 3 months delay.
  • AndyMAndyM Member Posts: 21
    manero said:

15th November? hahaha... It's overhaul production. Prepare for at least 3 months delay.

Have faith my friend!! Surely Overhaul has learnt from the BG release. What's the worst that can happen.....?

• YozZzZzYozZzZz Member Posts: 22
    Hoot said:

jamesker said:

+1
    +1
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Pre-ordered! So excited!!!
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    Pre-ordered. Truth be told, I've already spent nearly a hundred quid on various copies of BG2 over the years, between having spares and giving them to other people. $25 is nothin'!
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197

Unless there's a benefit other than getting a forum badge it is very unlikely I'll 'preorder' this game since it's digital only and I don't think you guys can actually run out of copies. In fact, I probably won't get the next game until i finish the first one (and that one is still receiving updates).

I am really looking forward to this game (especially when you add new NPCs). I would definitely like to see more NPC romances and I hope that the Black Pits 2 is much more expansive with more roleplay options (instead of being a short grinding adventure that allows me to look into potential character builds without the use of a character editor).

I think you may have missed the point of the Black Pits: the scenario was clearly crafted with multiplayer in mind. The "roleplay opportunities" were mostly to be had with the various enslaved vendors that Baeloth had in the arena.
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Yoshimo was probably one of my favorite characters in BG2. I kept him around through most of BG2's storyline as my party thief (because, really, he is the single best thief from among the NPCs that you can possibly have). This made the confrontation at Spellhold one of the most meaningful and poignant moments in the game.
    Now that you guys have me thinking about him again for the first time in, like, forever, I don't recall what the justification was for not being able to have him in your party again in TOB. I mean, it seems to me that if there was anyplace you could run into Yoshimo again, it'd be Hell, right?
This discussion has been closed.