Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    Gave said:

Paulg said:

With trendy words: BG2 has the power to turn you into an "Escapist Slacker" ...for months. Just dont stop on the streets watching people crossing the road whether they are throwing their saves vs getting hit by a car.. Because that is weird... and noone does that..

Do you see colored circles under their feet too?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    From what i heard the new path will change a bit the game, so my question is:

Can i start my new games, the ones i intent to import to BG2:EE now, and after i run the path they will be still playable in BG:EE? Will i lose anything if i start the game before the patchs to come (new items, quests, status improvment...)?
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    WAT
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    kamuizin said:

From what i heard the new path will change a bit the game, so my question is:

Can i start my new games, the ones i intent to import to BG2:EE now, and after i run the path they will be still playable in BG:EE? Will i lose anything if i start the game before the patchs to come (new items, quests, status improvment...)?

Probably not. Especially things like high-level abilities (like whirlwind) or new items (Carsomyr +5/+6 or Black Razor). Status improvement like +1/+2 to attributes gained through Bhaal trial is likely to stick when you load the CHR in BG:EE.

Probably the best way for you is to wait until someone releases BGT:EE...
    i meant about the course of the game inside BG:EE itself @leeho730, i mean, if i start a game now, update my BG:EE, when i load it will:

not be able to load?
    not be able to use the features of the update in that loaded game?
    lost any new item from areas that i visited before in that load game?

More or less this.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    kamuizin said:

i meant about the course of the game inside BG:EE itself @leeho730, i mean, if i start a game now, update my BG:EE, when i load it will:

not be able to load?

More or less this.

Oops, I though you meant starting out BG:EE, import CHR to play BG2:EE then import back to BG:EE.

Within BG:EE, yes. CHR should be loaded, should be able to use the features of the update (that is unless you want to use the new class kits), and will NOT lose any item.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    kamuizin said:

not be able to load?

More or less this.

It will load but you might not see all the new content from the new patch. For example you will not see Rasaad using his new kit: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/352204/#Comment_352204

There are other examples like this (but I can't seem to find the link now) but some game variables are stored in your save file and not pulled from the game resources, and when a patch is installed it does not change your save files, so any changes to these variables will not bee seen unless you start a new game (these include things like the abilities you have etc...).
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Great balls of minsc !!!! Got to Pre-order !!!!! Soon !!!!
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    Huzzah!!! This will be my birthday present...to myself hehe. BG2EE =much hugs and kisses for E1(I'm french after all and we hug and kiss everyone lol)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Any info about the new recruitable character?
  • misiekbemisiekbe Member Posts: 17
    Can't wait for new UI and new content in BG2EE, it is still the #1 game for me and it would be nice to see it refreshed :)
    Then it's waiting time for me :(!. Maybe i give a try with some runs, but surely any good run with Rasaad i the team will wait for the patch. @Dee, there's any log of changes that will come with the patch already? So i can see what i'm going to lose and what doesn't change if i start a new game now.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    kamuizin said:

Then it's waiting time for me :(!. Maybe i give a try with some runs, but surely any good run with Rasaad i the team will wait for the patch. @Dee, there's any log of changes that will come with the patch already? So i can see what i'm going to lose and what doesn't change if i start a new game now.

I've been debating the same issue, and my thoughts at the moment are: just start playing now. It'll be weeks before the patch is released, and after that there'll be another patch that will need you to restart your games to take advantage of the changes.. and after that.. and so on an so forth.

If you keep waiting for patches to come out, you'll never end up playing the game =D
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Dee said:

kamuizin said:

We're working on coming up with some kind of log for the changes we've made, but just to "whet your appetite", we've resolved nearly 700 issues.

To put that into perspective, the last patch resolved less than a hundred.

To put it into even broader perspective, that's more than every previous patch combined.
    That is good news but what we all want to know is when the patch will be out ? a lot of us is asking it now days and no wonder about it as u told us that it should be around this time of the month but then I read u said said something about it not ready yet and it will take a bit longer so we wanna know if that a bit later will be by the end of this month or will it take longer then that ? I know you are all careful with giving us dates because of incidence in the past. but on the other hand not giving us information is just making us more impatient about the release so please give us some kind of idea where thing stand so we know if we have a long wait or not.
    Thx a lot for all the hard work you put into it :)
    Dee said:

kamuizin said:

We're working on coming up with some kind of log for the changes we've made, but just to "whet your appetite", we've resolved nearly 700 issues.

To put it into even broader perspective, that's more than every previous patch combined.
    K then, i'm waiting for the disclosure of the log then :)!

• PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    Dee said:

kamuizin said:

i just wish people would stop complaining, i see the effort and time you put into making this game better, stonger, faster. and i love it. just keep on keepin on. there might be bigger fans than me, but i think they are few and far between. LOVE THIS GAME. point blank, period.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Paulg said:

Dee said:

kamuizin said:

i just wish people would stop complaining, i see the effort and time you put into making this game better, stonger, faster. and i love it. just keep on keepin on. there might be bigger fans than me, but i think they are few and far between. LOVE THIS GAME. point blank, period.
    I agree. I consider myself an impatient person but this is something I am perfectly content waiting for, I absolutely love the project (perhaps more than any other game project I am keeping tabs on right now).

But what really burns my rump is the people who complain that BeamDog is just "re-releasing an old game and charging "$XX.XX" for it." These people don't take 5 seconds to do the research and think developing/enhancing games is A) extremely easy and B) requires no time/effort/money.

I see the BG1 and BG2 enhanced editions as both supplying the fans with a much more modern, flexible remake of their old favorites AND funding the ultimate BG3 goal. I don't see what's so hard to comprehend about that.
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    I share Adul's sentiment on that front. I'm a fairly patient guy, but it's almost a year to the day since I bought BG:EE and it hasn't been in a satisfactory state to play since release (at least by my standards). As such I'm eagerly awaiting this patch and hope it lives up to "the hype".

Doubly so do I hope BG2:EE is released bug-fixed and bug-free.

Not be long now till we find out I guess :) Don't let us all down Beamdog people! :)
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I would love to have an idea of timeframe when the patch it likely to be released. Even if you said it'd be mid-October I would be happy to have something definite in place.

Of course then if you did say mid-October and then released within the next couple of days you can always claim uber-credit for a quick release. It's all about managing those expectations.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    The more likely scenario is that they'll say mid-October, and it'll come out in January.
    Well I'm still kinda hanging my expectations on this;

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/340364/#Comment_340364
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Yeah, that turned out to be a "generous estimate".

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/349538/
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    I've asked @dee a couple of times whether that was still looking generous, and haven't had a response.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    decado said:

Well I'm still kinda hanging my expectations on this;

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/340364/#Comment_340364

My bachelor party came and went without the patch/beta thing. Pretty disappointed that the patch didn't get released when they said it would. I understand things happen, but idk, just... damn. Don't really have any other words. I'm not looking for a pity party either, just kind of a letdown.

Don't get me wrong, I still had fun. Went to visit my brother at college and went bar hopping for two nights. Had my friends and I play some Halos and the classics DOOMs on the Xbox. Walked around Bloomington for quite a while and still had fun.
    That's a shame. It's far better to give an overly long project release date and be able to meet it (even releasing early to gain kudos) than to repeatedly miss or have to re-estimate dates again and again.
  • MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    Will I be buying BG:EE2 when I have money again? Yes. Woo! Excited! At the same time I would kill for a working multiplayer that BG:EE sold me on, and convinced my friend to buy it for....Minsc is waiting for us.
This discussion has been closed.