Skip to content

How badass was Sarevok in ToB for you?

I had him wearing some simple full plate mail (+1 or something like that) but equipped with Harbringer. With his deathblows I was getting to around 225 damage!

What's the highest amount of damage you've done with Sarevok? Or have you beaten it with another character?

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    can't remember any statistics other than his char sheet.. but i do remember him being the supreme npc in terms of melee power. "Oh.. you're a near invincible fire giant? Say hello to my brother."
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Bringing him and ano almost makes some fights a laugh. Makes charname happy they're friends with him/her and not the other bhaalspawns. "oh hi siblings meet my we-like-to -deal-200-damage-each" duo.
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Well first time I got the deathbringer assault it was pretty awesome but I wasnt amazed to have him as a joinable NPC. It always felt like a wild card typical of an ending series. Now that I look back at it he was actually a rather appropriate NPC seeing how you get power over a pocket plane and all. His dialogue was kinda well written too, with his honest, no-nonsense and selfish attitude to things.
  • If the choice of a PC wasn't allowed for the gamer and you had to go with Abdel Adrian, imagine how amazing it would be. Two near 7ft huge Bhaalspawn fighters weilding two handed swords.

"Oh, you want to take the Throne of Blood Melly? OH HELL NAW!" *slash and dash* :D
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    How Badass was Saveoursock?

Wait... Is he suffering from a bad case of the Rodney Trotters?
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    edited September 2013
    There's little more satisfying than the occasional 200 damage mega-crits that come from Sarevok every now and again. They pretty much always result in chunking so you notice their awesomeness, but they don't occur often enough to get sick of them.
  • In the books he's the protagonist.

• ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
    I killed him just out of spite.
    Let him into my party...found a dark, quiet corner and then pounded him into goo.
    I don't forget or forgive.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Sarevok's melee prowess always makes my CHARNAME jealous. I think I'll be a little more confrontational with him in BG2EE, besides. Playing BGEE all the way through just reminded me how much hell he leveled against me.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The BG games actually do a really good job of building up their villains from early on and keeping you aware of their lurking influence throughout the game. They only rely on the "fight until the boss flees" mechanic a couple of times as well.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    I give Sarevok Ravager and watch in awe.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I sometimes dual sarevok into a mage or thief, hell yeah 17 dex/int :3
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    I don't begrudge Sarevok anything in TOB - by that point the whole Iron Throne thing is water under the bridge anyway. He may have taken my foster father but Irenicus tried to take my soul and my sister, Jonny definitely has the hate aggro at that point. That said, I've never really used him - the good-aligned characters have preferred Minsc for their swordy needs and the evil ones have *been* the sword-havers. I abhor redundancy in a party.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I never have played ToB with Sarevok. Actually, I've only ever played ToB to the end once.

With the goody-goody characters I can relate to well enough to even get to the beginning of ToB in the first place with, I figure, I went through so much Hell to get rid of that devil-wannabe in the first place, why in all the Nine Hells would I want to give him another shot at physical existence on the Prime Material Plane?

Yeah, yeah, powergaming, yada, yada, yads, strongest npc in ToB, yada, yada, yada.

Roleplaying myself in the world of D&D is *way* more important to me than powergaming.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Well, I suppose if you RP as a really good guy, then you'd *want* to give him another chance. You have to believe everyone can be saved, right? What is a little personal risk compared to the chance to get the brother you always wanted, hug him tight, and walk off into the sunset together...

And if you're evil, then hey, you get to enjoy him as a beaten tag-along, sort of like the dog you kicked but who still follows you around, hoping for a scrap or two. Yeah that's right Sarevok, WATCH MY ASCENSION AND WEEP! WEEP, I SAY!
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    In my first playthrough of TOB my CHARNAME was a pure fighter with a two handed sword. Me and Sarevok were twin demigods of bloody steel. Absolutely nothing could stop us.

Then I played through as a paladin with the holy avenger. Me and Sarevok were yin and yang but we were an unstoppable duo.

That pretty much cured me of ever wanting to use melee fighters for my PC. I had my fill of 2 second boss fights (especially since minsc was tagging along both times). Now I only play as bards and mages and I have tons of two handed swords laying around in my inventory.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    With CHARNAME being a rather good fighter powered up by tomes and hells trials... He was slightly behind, but the 2 together pretty much killed most non-bosses they could hit before any casters could get anything off.
  • Sarevok is such a badass, his eyes glow for absolutely no reason.

Seriously. No one ever mentions it, or gives it any explanation. And they don't need to.

"Mommy, why is that man's eyes glowing?"
    "Oh, that's just Sarevok..." She replies, her loins a-quiver.

I think it's to do with Bhaal's essence in him, but why CHARNAME wouldn't have that too is beyond me x)

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Once bg2ee comes, PC with two handed, Sarevok & Dorn >:)
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    Thinking back, that was the most amazing feature of TOB for me. I thought Sarevok was the best villain imaginable and I often played as evil fighters to imitate him. When I actually got to play with him, and he had his real voice actor, I loved it. Great choice.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    And the fact that he fits both evil and good aligned parties just makes it better. It's just up to charname to decide if he should be redeemed