Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    That would be a contravestite.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    If you spell the new thief's name backwards, you get Taxxeh.

Sounds kind of like "taxer"...

So she'll be working for the government with all her points invested in "pick pockets"
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Wait, she has purple hair? Didn't even notice.

Tiefling with an illegal/unique class build? I would go nuts for a lawful evil Tiefling shadowdancer with crap stats, but boosted "support" thief skills and some unique spells-per-day.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I thought the hair was black... black like her heart.

Is there such things as aliens in FR? I think it would be cool to introduce that.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Don't they have dye in the Forgotten Realms?
    alnair said:

Don't they have dye in the Forgotten Realms?

I would assume so. How else would they have different color clothing?
    edited September 2013
    Then Occam's razor would suggest ruling out the alien hypothesis.

See OverBeamHaul? You can't fool us! Ah!
    Post edited by alnair on
    I would assume a thief wouldn't dye their hair a loud, unique color if they wanted to remain stealthy. If Hexxat's hair really is purple (tough to tell from that small picture), my guess is that it's natural.

Of course, I might be way over-thinking that.
    Madhax said:

I would assume a thief wouldn't dye their hair a loud, unique color if they wanted to remain stealthy. If Hexxat's hair really is purple (tough to tell from that small picture), my guess is that it's natural.

In that case, wouldn't she dye it black to make it more stealthy?

So she'll be working for the government with all her points invested in "pick pockets"

Her name actually kind of sounds like "Asshat". Maybe she's a major douchebag.
    Awong124 said:

Madhax said:

In that case, wouldn't she dye it black to make it more stealthy?

Her name actually kind of sounds like "Asshat". Maybe she's a major douchebag.
    Maybe she's a really crappy thief?

But seriously, I may be pulling this out of my ass, but I thought I read somewhere that a Tiefling's demonic heritage is difficult to mask through mundane means like dyes. If her hair is a product of her lineage, it may be impossible to hide. My DnD knowledge is quite lacking outside the scope of the computer games, though.
    edited September 2013
    Madhax said:

I would assume a thief wouldn't dye their hair a loud, unique color if they wanted to remain stealthy.

Unless they have, I don't know, the ability to hide even in plain sight?
    (the ShadowDancer kit has been, after all, introduced by the EE... just like Dorn's Blackguard and Rasaad's SSM)
    Post edited by alnair on
    alnair said:

Madhax said:

I would assume a thief wouldn't dye their hair a loud, unique color if they wanted to remain stealthy.

Unless they have, I don't know, the ability to hide even in plain sight?
    (ShadowDance kit has been, after all, introduced by the EE...)
    It's entirely possible. I just think that, while we're all throwing darts, it would make more sense for a tiefling thief to compensate for her hair color than for a human thief to voluntarily choose it.
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Has anyone been able to confirm her alignment? Neutral or evil?
    Sindyan said:

Has anyone been able to confirm her alignment? Neutral or evil?

No, her alignment hasn't been confirmed one way or the other yet. It has been hinted that she will be evil in order to address the lack of an evil-aligned thief, as opposed to the Neutral Jan and Good Imoen and Nalia, but nothing has been officially stated yet.

Actually nothing has been officially stated other than her existence and the fact she is a female thief. Her name was culled from screenshots and seems to be accurate, since the devs have been using it here and there since.
    edited September 2013

Actually nothing has been officially stated other than her existence and the fact she is a female thief

Also that players will have the option to romance her.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

Dee said:

This thread's gotten way off topic. Let's get back to the subject of the new NPC. What do people think about her purple hair? Is that significant? IS SHE AN ALIEN?

She's Neera's cousin.

Whoops, did I say that out loud?

That would be pretty awesome. Except then you'd kind of have to take Neera for the full experience and no thank you.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited September 2013
    An evil female Tiefling thief with purple hair named "Hexxat". Makes sense to me.
    I have been trying to figure out my baldurs gate 2 party in light of the new npcs. I am running out of room. I am hoping she is a neutral thief because I'm playing a good party.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    If she has purple hair, i'm gonna have purple as well and look waaay cooler.
    Sindyan said:

I have been trying to figure out my baldurs gate 2 party in light of the new npcs. I am running out of room. I am hoping she is a neutral thief because I'm playing a good party.

I've got it all figured out already.

Good:
    PC Dragon Disciple (melee build, lots of defensive spells, close-range attacks, lots of fire)
    Rasaad, as a Sun Soul Monk
    Neera
    Keldorn
    Yoshi -> Imoen
    Anomen

Evil:
    PC: Either a Fighter/Thief (my latest Evil playthrough of BGEE) or a Cleric/Mage, depending on Hexxat info
    Dorn
    Hexxat
    Viconia
    Kagain
    Haer'Dalis
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Pfeh you people with your "Good" and "Evil" parties - live a little! Mix it up!
    My first party was a CG fighter/mage, Edwin, Imoen, Mazzy, Viconia and Haer'Dalis.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    He's a dude or she's a dudette?
    He/She's Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic?
    Does he/she likes donuts?
    Madhax said:

Sindyan said:

I've got it all figured out already.

Good:
    PC Dragon Disciple (melee build, lots of defensive spells, close-range attacks, lots of fire)
    Rasaad, as a Sun Soul Monk
    Neera
    Keldorn
    Yoshi -> Imoen
    Anomen

Evil:
    PC: Either a Fighter/Thief (my latest Evil playthrough of BGEE) or a Cleric/Mage, depending on Hexxat info
    Dorn
    Hexxat
    Viconia
    Kagain
    Haer'Dalis
    I'm similar to your good party but I am wanting to have the special surprise character in tob. I'm still debating which class to play to balance. If the thief is neutral I guess I would play as a cleric or druid to balance things out.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

Does he/she likes donuts?

No. She does not.

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @AndrewFoley Heh heh.