Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited September 2013
    rdarken said:

Pfeh you people with your "Good" and "Evil" parties - live a little! Mix it up!

I agree. You're not bound to use the exact same alignment you are. NPC won't leave you unless you follow an extreme road. Evil people don't need to go under 2 reputation, and good ones don't need to act good everytime.
    It's more fun imho, and more realistic, when you have a little everything in your team, and must command guys who don't like each other.

• sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited September 2013
    Damn. I usually hate to play evil bastards even in games!
    That one, plus Dorn dude... plus viconia girlie already there, plus the mad Edwina mage.. ; a real coherent possible rampaging team over the lands more than ever now!..

Hm.. becoming more&more tempting.. as if that was intented that way : finish to corrupt the youth or what left of it (or even what left of the oldies too now..after their pills and advertisements^)... and make the masses discover/have fun & enjoy evil ways & habits for all ! And even passionately advocated genderless joys too now!.. And the new world fiesta will be able to really start! All heil video games & social engineering through them (and all current work of 'fiction' anyway).. great times ahead for all!... *)) joking.. only joking.. sure. ^^ *)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    edited September 2013
    So, she's really HEXXAT (see the 1st post here), officially.

And because she's Kaeloree's favorite of the new BGII:EE NPCs and because Kaeloree prefers neutral or chaotic neutral, I tend to think she'll be neutral, so that she can suit all the parties (not only evil but also good ones).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Can one of the devs confirm how 'Hexxat' is pronounced? @LiamEsler
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Just like it looks -- Hecks-at. :)
    LiamEsler said:

Just like it looks -- Hecks-at. :)

Thanks! I thought as much, but wanted to be sure!
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Is that like what you first see a lich and Jan goes "What the hecks 'at?"

I'll see myself out.
    Hexxat is a Lich, confirmed?

After achieving Lichdom, Hexxat found herself disillusioned with the path of magic and turned increasingly to the path of the rogue.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    bengoshi said:

I tend to think she'll be neutral

It was promised that she will be EVIL.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    We can hold out hope DarkDogg, we can hold out hope!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    ... while others among us will hold out hope that she'll be more versatile, i.e. Neutral. Well, whatever she is, the devs have already done it and it's too late to change it now, so we'll just have to wait for a couple of months and see what they decided.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

Rhymes with 'asshat'?
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Awong124 said:

Rhymes with 'asshat'?
    Only if you pronounce asshat in a very strange manner.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744

Where did you get that from? Someone needs a spanking.

I extrapolated from rdarken's post using my own imagination. I mean, you've given us so little we basically have to start making stuff up at this point.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561

@KidCarnival would be the right person(?) to administer it, except he lacks hands...

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Given that Hexxat is confirmed not to like Donuts, I predict a 0.00001% of there being an ingame donut-related Easter egg.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited September 2013
    Am I the only one to dislike the name of the new NPC ? :(

Dorn is cool
    Rasaad is cool
    Neera is cool

Hexxat... eh.

• artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited September 2013
    She is a vampire and the evil sister of Jander Sunstar. You will find her if you want to planetravel (to find HaerDalis, or in the planarspere) with low Wis/Int (you are to stupid to travel in a staight line) in the world of Ravenloft. You can even find the eye of Vecna there.

So it sucks to be a Mage/Cleric/druid/Paladin if you want her in your team. (work around bij wearing the ring of Folly when you travel)
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    She's a confirmed donut hater, so she may as well be undead. Though I wonder how she might feel about the cronut.
    Aranthys said:

Am I the only one to dislike the name of the new NPC ? :(

Dorn is cool
    Rasaad is cool
    Neera is cool

Hexxat... eh.

I think she sounds like a saturday morning cartoon villain, which i personally think is hilarious.

Also, @bengoshi, I know its your theory that she is Neutral, but in the first post you state in bold that
    bengoshi said:

She's made to complete evil parties but also has to suit good ones. Kaeloree prefers neutral or chaotic neutral characters. Kaeloree likes Hexxat. So, she'll be neutral, I guess.

I'm just wondering where you got the first party about completing evil parties but also suiting good ones, since I cannot find anything in kaeloree's reddit stating anything like that.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Being a donut hater she MUST be evil, unless of course she's diabetic. In this case we clearly get a mysterious case of a Lawful rogue in 2nd edition... ;)
    I'm just wondering how many people here are BG2:EE beta testers and thus already know,
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Eudaemonium One of the posters (AndrewFoley) just happens to have written most of the new NPC's dialogs so he probably knows even better than the beta testers what happens/can happen following different paths...