Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    She's not an Assassin. She's a Thief. It's been confirmed by the devs more than once.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    shawne said:

She's not an Assassin. She's a Thief. It's been confirmed by the devs more than once.

I have to ask. How does being a thief mean that she isn't an assassin? From what i read here i got that she's a pure class rogue, so she isn't multi classed. I haven't seen anywhere someone saying she can't be an assassin, or shadow dancer.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Or Swashbuckler, or even a Bounty Hunter. Not like we don't need one of them, after all XP
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    edited September 2013
    @SionVI

If Hexxat is Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral swashbuckler, why not (but her emo portrait don't much a swashbuckler, don't you think...)? But still I think that this game is lacking an evil assassin (it could be even a nonhuman, maybe halfling so he/she would have higher starting skills)...

And about the skills - to the mid game you have Yoshimo, so lacking of skills playing a evil assassin wouldn't be a problem, I think...

Hadar said:

@SionVI

If Hexxat is Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral swashbuckler, why not (but her emo portrait don't much a swashbuckler, don't you think...)? But still I think that this game is lacking an evil assassin (it could be even a nonhuman, maybe halfling so he/she would have higher starting skills)...

And about the skills - to the mid game you have Yoshimo, so lacking of skills playing a evil assassin wouldn't be a problem, I think...

I agree with you and i would personally have loved to see a :

Female
    Lawful Evil
    Elf
    Assassin

But that would be a character that would only fit into some peoples playstyle. I wouldn't use that character even on my evil playthroughs, and if she is anything but human you can't dual class her so even less options. And if she is evil there will be many people that won't use her.

I'm just trying to point out that from a gameplay view, she would be much more useful if she was neutral and human.
    @SionIV: It's been clearly stated that she's a Thief - not an Assassin, not a Shadowdancer, just a plain and simple Thief. If you want to convince yourself otherwise, be my guest. *shrug*
    shawne said:

@SionIV: It's been clearly stated that she's a Thief - not an Assassin, not a Shadowdancer, just a plain and simple Thief. If you want to convince yourself otherwise, be my guest. *shrug*

Please do show me where it's stated that she is a pure class thief with no kit involved.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    SionIV said:

shawne said:

Please do show me where it's stated that she is a pure class thief with no kit involved.

They have actually said that she is a 'pure-class rogue', I believe. It was ambiguous whether they meant she was a Thief (Pure-Class) or simply a single-class thief of indeterminate kit.

SionIV said:

shawne said:

They have actually said that she is a 'pure-class rogue', I believe. It was ambiguous whether they meant she was a Thief (Pure-Class) or simply a single-class thief of indeterminate kit.
    Yes and that's what i read aswell, but i took it the way that she would not be multi classed and such. In my opinion an assassin is still a pure class rogue, because there is no other class in the mix.

Rogues? Check!
    Pure? No other classes? Check!

And to be honest it wouldn't make sense to have her as a normal thief.

Normal thief :

Nalia
    Imoen
    Jan

Kitted thief :

Yoshimo.

Swashbuckler? None
    Assassin? None
    Shadow dancer? None

It makes absolutely no sense.
    edited September 2013
    @SionVI

I would like to see that kind of NPC

Halfing // Male // Neutral Evil // Assassin // Daggers & Two Weapons

with stats like this

STR 16
    DEX 20 (I know, I know, it's just marketing ;D)
    CON 14
    INT 11
    WIS 7
    CHA 5 (it's not a gang leader but a thug from slums)

(it's 73 points)

with a very good story why he become such *think* he is

and because of the alignment he wouldn't be used very often and could have a little overpowered stats,
    edited September 2013
    Hadar said:

@SionVI

I would like to see that kind of NPC

Halfing // Male // Neutral Evil // Assassin // Daggers & Two Weapons

with stats like this

STR 16
    DEX 20 (I know, I know, it's just marketing ;D)
    CON 14
    INT 11
    WIS 7
    CHA 5 (it's not a gang leader but a thug from slums)

(it's 73 points)

with a very good story why he become such *think* he is

As much as i would love a neutral evil halfling male, it kind of shuts down the romance options. And i have this idea that people are expecting to be able to romance this new NPC in one way or the other.
    edited September 2013
    @SionIV: Seriously? Did you not read the first post in this thread?

1. Trent Oster said so at PAX.
    2. @LiamEsler referred to her as a thief in the recent AMA.
    3. The BG2:EE homepage calls her a thief - if she were an assassin, she'd be marketed as such.

Like I said, if the lack of any evidence to the contrary doesn't bother you, that's fine - feel free to quibble over invented ambiguities. But you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I thought they meant she was not multi- or dual-classed.
    edited September 2013
    @SionIV

so if the bg2ee would make a nonromanceable neutral evil male halfling they could focus on the background of character and side (murder) quests, because there is no need to waist time to make him romanceable...
    edited September 2013
    shawne said:

@SionIV: Seriously? Did you not read the first post in this thread?

1. Trent Oster said so at PAX.
    2. @LiamEsler referred to her as a thief in the recent AMA.
    3. The BG2:EE homepage calls her a thief - if she were an assassin, she'd be marketed as such.

Like I said, if the lack of any evidence to the contrary doesn't bother you, that's fine - feel free to quibble over invented ambiguities. But you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

They aren't really giving away any information on her. We have seen no stats, no background story, nothing at all except a picture. The people have been asking for a thief, and they have told us that she is a thief. But if they aren't giving away small slips of information right now, there is no way they would give away something huge like what kit she would be.

I think you might end up suprised here Shawne. A kit only adds flavor and story to a character, it would be stupid not to give her a kit.

[Edited] :

Let's look at characters that were introduced in BG2

Aerie - Multi class, kit not possible.
    Anomen - Dual classed already, no reason for kit and no fighter kit would fit him.
    Cernd - Shapeshifter
    Haer'dalis - Blade
    Jan - Multi class, kit not possible.
    Keldorn - Inquisitor
    Korgan - Berserker
    Mazzy - No kit
    Nalia - Dual classed already, no reason for kit and no rogue kit would fit her.
    Valygar - Stalker
    Yoshimo - Bounty Hunter

So the only character that doesn't have a kit that is pure class in BG2 is mazzy and there isn't really any fighter kit that would fit her character. Every single other character that is pure class has a kit.

And now you got an evil thief which would be the perfect option for an Assassin or Shadow Dancer (Swashbuckler isn't very likely). So i can see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't give her a kit.

------------------------------------------------------------

Another reason for saying that she is a pure class thief would be that she isn't already dual classed. It means that perhaps we're allowed to dual class her, and she isn't already a F4/T8 or something.

I might look at it the wrong way, but to me it only sounds like she isn't multi classed or dual classed.
    Making not multiclass/dualclass with no kit doesn't make sense... To a kit like a assassin or swashbuckler there could be written a very nice story
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited September 2013
    SionIV said:

And now you got an evil thief which would be the perfect option for an Assassin or Shadow Dancer (Swashbuckler isn't very likely). So i can see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't give her a kit.

Only if you disregard the most obvious reason. Her actual thief skills. The main reason people want a non-good thief is to fill that void in available characters. All kits other than Swashbuckler get less skill points per level. And Swashbuckler sounds doubtful based on her store page description.

Having a companion fully devoted to thief skills would make her unique in the game oddly. Though personally, I'd give her a 17 str or Wis so she has something she could potentially dual into. Would give her more usability for players who are Thieves themselves.
    is there a info that in new patch/ in bg2ee some new kits will be available? maybe Hexxat will have a kit we don't know it will be available?
    Hadar said:

is there a info that in new patch/ in bg2ee some new kits will be available? maybe Hexxat will have a kit we don't know it will be available?

I'd be hard pressed to find a quote, but I think I read they weren't planning any they didn't already add to BGEE. But it would be completely in line with other NPCs if she had something unique or illegal about her. Like Safana's Charm spell, Coran's bow skill, or Dorn's illegal race/class combo. Her 'Mysterious Master' may have given her some perks with the job.
    @SionIV: This is why debating the issue is pointless - you're using your own conjecture as "evidence". The fact remains that the devs have said, on more than one occasion, that Hexxat is a Thief. You may not like it, or have a "better" idea in mind, but that's a different conversation and not one I'm interested in having.
    shawne said:

@SionIV: This is why debating the issue is pointless - you're using your own conjecture as "evidence". The fact remains that the devs have said, on more than one occasion, that Hexxat is a Thief. You may not like it, or have a "better" idea in mind, but that's a different conversation and not one I'm interested in having.

And an assassin isn't a thief? Anyway it doesn't matter. I think you might get suprised, and we'll just have to agree to disagree.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @shawne
    I think you might be missing the point of "speculative discussion". ;)
    edited September 2013
    @Dee: There's no shortage of threads dedicated to speculative discussion; it's counterproductive here, when the whole point of the OP was to put all the verified information in one place. You know, the stuff that typically goes on a homepage or a FAQ.
    SionIV said:

And an assassin isn't a thief?

Not a good one. Or more specifically, not one who's focus is stealing things, not killing them. Which is the only non speculative info we really have on her aside from gender:

"A thief in service to a mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. "

Sure, there could be a cut part of that description like "...by stabbing their previous owners repeatedly." :D
    But personally I'd think they'd have led with 'Assassin' if it fit to make her sound more badarse.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Honestly, to me, the kit that fits best with her backstory would be Swashbuckler.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Personally I still think (and hope) she'll be a ShadowDancer, and this particular piece of information is not revealed just to create a bit of hype.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Any good news about Hexxat's alignment?
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Dee said:

I have it on good authority that she has one. :)

Now com on I'm getting nervous about all this speculations.
    I'm dreaming about her wearing the human flesh armor and a full 6 wicked evil party.. And you're joking :-(