Skip to content

Mysterious Island and Shapeshifter

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
Should Shapeshifter have some additional dialogue options on Mysterious Island, due to his "special" condition ?

Comments

• DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Offtopic: TBH I found the mysterious island very unsatisfying in nearly every way. There's not way to be smart about things, it feels very linear and none of the possible outcomes are desirable.

I wouldn't mind an overhaul, perhaps an idea for a mod.

In general I do think a druid shapeshifter is something different entirely from suffering from lycantrophy, though I agree it could perhaps have some dialogue options perhaps stating just that.

It's been a long time ago so I don't remember exactly but I do believe there's a bit of a start of a romance with what could possibly turned into a fun npc.

All this would however be 'changing original content' so it would have to be modded in and probably won't be included in the EE package. :)

(I'm currently in Durlags' tower, I'll quickly go and brave the Trackless Sea after that :) )
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Deefje said:

Offtopic: TBH I found the mysterious island very unsatisfying in nearly every way. There's not way to be smart about things, it feels very linear and none of the possible outcomes are desirable.

I wouldn't mind an overhaul, perhaps an idea for a mod.

In general I do think a druid shapeshifter is something different entirely from suffering from lycantrophy, though I agree it could perhaps have some dialogue options perhaps stating just that.

I think its a question of choice. A druid shapeshifter, according to the description, chooses to become infected with Lycanthropy. The islanders didn't get a choice. That said it shouldn't be too difficult to make a mod changing some of the dialogue options to account for a CHARNAME shapeshifter.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    elminster said:

I think its a question of choice. A druid shapeshifter, according to the description, chooses to become infected with Lycanthropy. The islanders didn't get a choice.

True, but few sentences like "I feel that you're one of us" it would be welcome.
    And please dont try old moderator tactic "Shut up and go do your own mod" :D
    It does not work.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    Edvin said:

elminster said:

I think its a question of choice. A druid shapeshifter, according to the description, chooses to become infected with Lycanthropy. The islanders didn't get a choice.

True, but few sentences like "I feel that you're one of us" it would be welcome.
    And please dont try old moderator tactic "Shut up and go do your own mod" :D
    It does not work.
    Umm ok. Well for one thing I'm not a moderator (thank Ao for that!) but my statement was more of a general dialogue statement rather than a "shut up and go do your own mod" statement. I like playing Druids, especially shapeshifters, so after I'm done the mod I'm currently working on I may look into writing up additional lines for shapeshifters in that quest.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @elminster
    I'm not saying that you're moderator and I did not mean it as an insult.
    ( It is rather a matter for thought for some moderators )
    I actually known you as one of the more reasonable people on this forum.

Occasionally have some people in FR simple, reasonable and doable ideas about things that should be in the game. Moderators on it then say something like:

" Yeah, that is good idea on mod" or "That can be easily modded"

I consider mod as something that should not be in original game.
    Why should WE create mods for things that should be in original game?
    It's not just the things that should be fixed in the Enhanced Edition?