Skip to content

Spell Check?

Hello there. I was doing Neera's quest in BG:EE and at the end of the quest I thought it'd be best for her to use Nahal's Reckless Dweomer and have her cast Magic Missile. Of course her spell level increased and a different spell was cast, but the spell she cast gives me one question I'd like to ask...

http://puu.sh/4uOmG.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? O_O;

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    Depends on what happened after. :) Could be a demon. Could be a glitch. Technically it could even be two demons (though the chances of that are extremely rare).
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Even with protection from evil cast it should have made some sort of message in the chat log though, yes? :O
  • NyroxNyrox Member Posts: 19
    I'm not sure what happened, I lost the battle log as this was the beginning of the fight and there were 3 wizards, (minus the one Minsc killed in one hit as you see there in the top right) so it all got pushed away with other battle text. When the spell settled it seemed like it had done nothing at all... though the final wizard did have stoneskin and mirror image on him...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the second time I ever had neera attempt to join my team, that happened, and a pit fiend came out and well...... killed everyone, and right before everyone got ousted by the demon neera actually said; Sorry ( right arm, gotta love fightin' demons as level 1 characters :3 )
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    hahaha... omg, I am an idiot.

I was staring immensely at the picture trying to figure out what word was misspelled.

If could have been fear or dizzying the target but the mage saving. Neera looks like she is blinded (with the icon) so it could be that too.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Haaah, I love it when really intense spell animations appear. Sends me into a panic every time. :'D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    deltago said:

hahaha... omg, I am an idiot.

I was staring immensely at the picture trying to figure out what word was misspelled.

If could have been fear or dizzying the target but the mage saving. Neera looks like she is blinded (with the icon) so it could be that too.

The only thing I see for Neera is chaos shield
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    She is a walking timebomb.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    When a wild surge occurs, random spell animations pop up and the results are not related to them.

The animation here is of a gate spell which summons a hostile demon. It can happen with a surge but you would notice an angry demon slaughtering your party, I think some random effect occured and it was just the random animation.
  • NyroxNyrox Member Posts: 19
    lunar said:

When a wild surge occurs, random spell animations pop up and the results are not related to them.

The animation here is of a gate spell which summons a hostile demon. It can happen with a surge but you would notice an angry demon slaughtering your party, I think some random effect occured and it was just the random animation.

Oooh really? So she could've actually cast Magic Missle but got the Gate spell animation? I didn't know that could happen. I thought Wild Surge just randomized the spell, not the spell animation too.