Paw does 2d8 slashing damage
    Regeneration of 3 HP per second

You Actually Received...
    Elemental resistance locked at 50%
    Magic resistance locked at 40%
    Paw is +2 weapon
    Paw does 1d6 piercing damage
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    All of the Fixpack items were rolled into BGEE right from the start.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Amberion said:

All of the Fixpack items were rolled into BGEE right from the start.

Shapeshifter Rebalancing is tweak pack, not fixpack.

To answer to OP's question, no, those changes were not implemented in BG:EE.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    Nah you still get 1d6 piercing damage for the shapeshifters werewolf form and a static 20% magic resistance in BGEE (regardless of your level). No immunity to normal weapons either.

Damn...ninja'd!
  • gelpgelp Member Posts: 3
    Just so you know, the rebalanced shapeshifter is incredibly OP in BG1. It's not balanced, it's wrongly balanced in the other direction. It's still a bit OP in BG 2, but at least by ToB it's pretty balanced.

Even the normal shapeshifter is pretty powerful in BG1. It's not until the end of BG1/beginning of BG 2 that it really starts getting weak.

It'd be great if it scaled a bit better, but there really doesn't seem to be a middle line that it can take.
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    So this is how a Werewolf was originally supposed to be? I never knew that! If this were fixed I'd be all for rolling a Werewolf PC at some stage.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    RnRClown said:

So this is how a Werewolf was originally supposed to be? I never knew that! If this were fixed I'd be all for rolling a Werewolf PC at some stage.

Not quite. I believe the kit is currently functioning as intended by the devs. The "you were supposed to recieve..." stats are based on the stats of the (greater) werewolves that you actually encounter in the game.
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    Oh I know it's hella OP, but the vanilla ones are rediculously under-powered. Presumably there's a happy mid point in there somewhere.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i found that the original shapeshifter in bg2 was a great class, i didnt think it was underpowered at all, especially for the fact that you could actually use the weapon in your main hand, i think that made it great, i took cernd through all the way to the end of ToB and he still did well, so i dont understand why people keep saying the shapeshifter was underpowered, when it was actually quite functional the way it was
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    sarevok57 said:

i found that the original shapeshifter in bg2 was a great class, i didnt think it was underpowered at all, especially for the fact that you could actually use the weapon in your main hand, i think that made it great, i took cernd through all the way to the end of ToB and he still did well, so i dont understand why people keep saying the shapeshifter was underpowered, when it was actually quite functional the way it was

I have to agree - I always heard all the Cernd hate, but when I used him, he was always a great melee fighter. Not a tank, but he isn't really meant to be one. Cast a few buffs or insect swarm, transform and attack the mobs that are focused on the tank, or tear the crap out of enemy mages while they are swatting bugs.