Skip to content

Shadowkeeper: Creating a gnome F/M/T (Kit Wildmage)

I'm thinking about soloing bg2 as I've never done that before and wanted to try out a gnome F/M/T with the wild mage kit. What would I have to think about while mucking around in Shadowkeeper? Do I just create an elf f/m/t and change stats/race accordingly? And add the wild mage kit? Can I get the wild mage spells in-game?

Comments

• VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    How fun is it soloing with a wild mage? Will I often kiill myself? (I'm thinking about the surges that might accidently kill me)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i've seen someone do a speed run with a sorcerer for bg2, although he did bring jan jansen with him to hell ( but he didnt have the ToB expansion because he was laying infinite traps, very very tricky) so based on that i think it could be possible to do a solo run with a wild mage, could be fun
    Should I start as elf and change race in ShadowKeeper or start as gnome and change class? Does it matter? (It's BG2)
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I think you should start as non human Wild mage to get this working. And create a regular FMT. Then edit to ad F/T to the WM and make your THAC0, HP and thiefskills to match the regular FMT.
    So gnome kitted Wild Mage it is, and then adding triple class in shadowkeeper and again choosing to kit with wild mage (in SK) . That way I have the gnome staring bonuses etcetera + the wild mage kit correctly added. The only Q is how the racial bonuses to thief skills are added. Will I get them automatically when I level up the first time (and the game balances out the classes) or should I add them in SK perhaps?

Thank you for your answer @artifical_sunlight. And thank you for yours @sarevok57.
  • @Vintrastorm You could always create a Gnome thief with the same Dex to double check the numbers, but in my experience the game does a good job of factoring racial bonuses after 'keepering.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Always glad to help out
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    The only prob may be that multiclass gnome mage become an illusionist by default. Might clash with wild Mage kit?