Skip to content

Favourite image of Imoen?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    My favorite is the Allyson Hannigan version, especially since I'm a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, and I also just started watching How I Met Your Mother reruns.

The one from BG2 captures her personality pretty well, I think. I hate the BG1 version though, no matter whether it's photoshopped or not. I just think that lady looks like a soccer mom - completely inappropriate to capture Imoen's personality.
    CrevsDaak
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

they look like middle aged housewives.

I have no problem with this. >:3
    JuliusBorisovQuartz
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

I wouldn't if they actually were middle aged. But Imoen is younger than 20 years old charname, and I'd put Skie around the same age.
    Malicron
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    @KidCarnival, I always thought Imoen was the same age as the protagonist, just acted younger.
    ThacoBell
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I'm probably having a brain freeze now and can't remember. But how the hell did Imoen end up in candlekeep when Gorion only took one baby, and that was you?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    SionIV said:

I'm probably having a brain freeze now and can't remember. But how the hell did Imoen end up in candlekeep when Gorion only took one baby, and that was you?

She gets brought there later by someone else, maybe Khelben?
    edited October 2013

SionIV said:

1.) Was she at the same temple?

2.) How did she survive?

3.) Sarevok got away because he was older and could take care of himself, Imoen wouldn't have been as lucky.

I'm sure i read about this a long time ago, but i can't remember how Imoen got to candlekeep or even if she was at the same temple.
    SionIV said:

SionIV said:

2.) How did she survive?

3.) Sarevok got away because he was older and could take care of himself, Imoen wouldn't have been as lucky.

I'm sure i read about this a long time ago, but i can't remember how Imoen got to candlekeep or even if she was at the same temple.
    Could have been Khelben, I always thought it could be Elminster. I don't know Elminster's timeline very well but let's assume the Bhaalspawn children were saved in 1348DR, Elminster could have taken Imoen until she was 3 or 4 and then gave her to Gorion before he retired to Shadowdale.

1) I assume she was, perhaps even shared the same mother as the protagonist.
    2) Saved by another harper, Gorion attacked with a group of harpers.
    3) Not an issue if taken care of by a harper, especially as great as Khelben/Elminster.
    meagloth said:

I just found the COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN:
    imageimage
    Here is the place I got it from, I think. I hope I haven't Broken any laws.
    http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego/dandd_baldur.php

OH MY GOD, I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING ME THIS! :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
    CrevsDaak
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    What made Imoen switch to studying magic
    did she get homesick for Gorien or got to be friends with Dynaheir or Edwin
    Just looking at it from a RP perspective
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

I wouldn't if they actually were middle aged. But Imoen is younger than 20 years old charname, and I'd put Skie around the same age.
    Maybe they suffer from progeria but medicine in the realms just isn't advanced enough to diagnose it.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Would be a weird coincidence to meet two female thieves with the same rare condition though. And there is nothing in their bios or banters that suggests they are percieved as older than they are. So I'd give this a "hmm, nope".

What made Imoen switch to studying magic
    did she get homesick for Gorien or got to be friends with Dynaheir or Edwin
    Just looking at it from a RP perspective

I always suspected it was Dynaheir, especially considering Imoen doesn't really learn it until late in the game, and seeing as your group is CHARNAME, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir at the start of BG2, it does make sense. Plus it also gives Dynaheir a chance to confide in Imoen about her reasons for travelling to the Western Heartlands (foresaw great things for the Sword Coast and the Bhaalspawn of Alaundo's prophecy).
    KidCarnival
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I really like the buccaneer box art image of imoen.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    meagloth said:

Here is the place I got it from, I think. I hope I haven't Broken any laws.
    http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego/dandd_baldur.php

I strongly urge anyone here to check out this site. What's posted above is just the tip of the iceberg.
    TethorilofLathanderBelgarathMTHCrevsDaak
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    @SionIV @Eudaemonium
    I think her BG1 in game bio says she was brought to Candlekeep when she was around nine years old, meaning she could have been living a perfectly normal life up until then, and not been one of the Bhaalspawn at the temple.
    scriverSionIV
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    SionIV said:

SionIV said:

2.) How did she survive?

I've got a theory about this... in my current playthrough I'm working on the basis that Imoen & my female Charname are actually twins - they look similar, but are non-identical -I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility, considering neither can be sure just how old they are, they were separated for their own safety and perhaps even being watched and studied, perhaps bringing them together at nine years old was part of the 'experiment'?

Isewein
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    You should add "spoiler" to the title of this thread, I think, since it mentions that Imoen is a Bhaalspawn.

You should add "spoiler" to the title of this thread, I think, since it mentions that Imoen is a Bhaalspawn.

You don't have to add spoiler tags to threads in the general discussion?
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    currently using this as my imeon pic
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Ryofu said:

You might wanna check this one out as well:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/265835/#Comment_265835
    On here it mentions she's 20, whether that's at the start or end I'm unsure but I'm assuming the start. It also mentions that she was brought to Candlekeep 10 years after the protagonist, and if they were brought when they were an infant then she's got to have been there at age 10-13.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Imoen

My assumption is that they were at the same temple but taken seperately, I mean, if two Bhaalspawn learn of their lineage and become evil, that's like having two Sarevok's in a tight confined fortress library. Not very good at all, precious.

It's up to the admins to put a spoiler alert on this page, as it wasn't directly going to be about her lineage but ended up about it in the comments.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    edited October 2013
    One must remember that life in the forgotten realms is much harsher and difficult as compared to our own lives. Therefore people will appear older and more grown up than they actually are. This is why Imoen looks older than her twenty years.
    Also remember that in medeivel times (the closest time comparison to BG) girls were often married at ages as young as 14, a woman of 20 was concidered rather old.
    So does Imoens BG pic look older than it should? Only by our modern slanted perceptions.
    TethorilofLathanderarvanah
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    @Delvarian
    Actually, with the use of divine magic, which is equal or superior to modern medicine, that might not be the case. And while it's true that most people can't afford healing, Imoen grew up in a fortress surrounded by monks and priests, and Skie is the daughter of a rich and powerful duke in a large city. Both of them would have ready access to healing and thus not be affected by the rapid aging of hard living.

The real nail in the coffin, IMO, is that Imoen actually looks younger after going through hell in Shadows of Amn. They just messed up the portraits, pure and simple.
    TethorilofLathanderKidCarnival
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Ryofu said:

/squeal
    /gush
  • arvanaharvanah Member Posts: 6

@KidCarnival, I always thought Imoen was the same age as the protagonist, just acted younger.

She's a tiny bit younger, apparently, as she points out that she's "not much younger than you" if you call her 'little one' in the prologue.

I always hated that the first interaction they give CHARNAME with her has you addressing her as 'child'. It created a big disconnect for me right at the start from the close friendship you're supposed to have with her. 'My friend' would have done just fine.
    Delvarian
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I like that one. I have some of the older gaming magazines that have that ad.

This definitely has to be my favourite! It defines her innocent and rogue-like characteristics in one :D

What's your most loved photo of the unexpected Bhaalspawn?

Yours is purdy, too, but she's kind of looking at me like I'm a sandwich. :( yeah also bengoshi's is purdy and stuff
    MY OTHER FAVORITEST PICTURE OF HER is this Alyson Hannigan modification/portrait. Adorable as hell. ;___; I think that's why I got so emotionally invested in bodily dragging Irenicus. The fact that her portrait kept getting replaced by that for years was sort of bothersome for a while, but when I found out the cause I was less bothered and more amused. It turns out every time I installed the game, I kept using the same portrait pack and putting it in my portraits directory! One of the pictures had Awwwlyson Hannigawwwn! as Imoen.