Skip to content

Going to give BGEE another try.

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
Alright i have completed it twice since release and seen the new content, it didn't really do much for me and i kept playing BGT instead but i'm going to sit down and give it another try.

I didn't use any mods other than BG2 tweaks for my BGEE installation and i got a few questions.

1.) How many bugs does SCS have with the version of BGEE we have now? Is it game breaking?

2.) Are there any mods out there for BGEE that are new and you couldn't get for BG2?

3.) Any worthwhile mods for BGEE?

4.) Is there any estimation of when 1.2 will be out? I have seen this question many times but never really had any answer. We already got a date for BG2:EE but nothing for the latest patch of BGEE?

5.) I'm not sure if i should wait for 1.2 or play a game now...

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I use the scs's old version (the one just before this version) and current bg:ee (not beta patch) on Ipad no less, and I see no bugs. Known bugs were Mulahey fight and Icharyd fight so I opted not to install them. The bulk of the mod, that is smarter mages/priests/enemies/archers etc work very well.

Archaic's gui is brilliant mod, sheer beauty to look at. Unfourtunately it slows down a bit on Ipad 2 so I opted for brown colored classic gui mod. Brown suits the game much better, I think.

I also use this mod http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18108/item-mod-more-style-for-mages-ranged-wizard-s-staffs-circlets-robe-visual-tweaks-weidu-released#latest and mr.pennywise's cosmetic changes mod.

Dark horizons mod is out and people are playing, but I haven't tested it so can't comment. ^^

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    So are there any really good mods that are worth installing for BGEE?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @SionIV

I'm currently playing the beta with SCS installed, and I've noticed three things:
    * Icharyd completely bugged (do not install)
    * A error message when entering Centeol's hut in Cloakwood, but BG:EE bugfinder solved it and didn't crash the game
    * Unable to complete Merchant's league quest helping Aldeth Sashenstar

Otherwise it's working great.

Also using Mr Pennywise's cosmetic changes and "More style for mages" linked above.

Looking at the state of the beta release right now, I'd expect it to go public beta really soon, as they have already fixed a lot of the gamebreakers for system that couldn't run BG:EE.
    So I would wait for the 1.2 or at least the public beta.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited October 2013
    Thank you very much for this information @Sed, i'll probably wait until 1.2 gets done.
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    My two cents:

Faces is a mod that just adds a portrait to every NPC you can talk to (except commoners). It may seem simple but imo it really adds to the game.

IWDification adds lots of new spells from IWD games. This is a great idea, specially for druids, cause they don't have a great spell pool. Still on beta testing though.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh yes @Dexter is absolutely right, Faces mod makes the game soo much better! It may look rather petty but it really adds much to the game and immersion.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @SionIV: I recommend waiting a bit for BG1NPC to be completed - it adds a lot of content to the party members.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    Same here, i'll go with
    - SCS ( v25 could be out in the next weeks and should adress some bugs, but honestly it's already working pretty good)
    - BG1NPC mod (hope it will be out in the next month)
    - Mr Pennyway's mod is a new and cool, popular mod. Only tweaks some minor graphics but it's working great with the new patch / beta (because the modder is actually on the dev's team :) )
    - BG2 Tweaks also of course.
  • mr_namelessmr_nameless Member Posts: 37
    edited October 2013
    You can add some nice kit mods also. I like to have Song and Silence, Swords and Fist, and Rogue Rebalancing (RR makes playing a bard or rogue a bit more fun and improves/add some abilities).
    You can find all these mods @ :
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/